X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's an expected and awfully predictable thing that the reaction to a Democratic presidential win is, "Why aren't our legislative branch victories greater...? BLAME THE HIGHEST PROFILE WOMAN IN THE PARTY FOR IT!"

Like... what the f*** kind of narrative is it to attack AOC? It makes zero sense. And again, a typical and sexist reflex.
    It doesn't even make sense. It's Trump-logic. "I lost my seat after refusing all offers to help from AOC, after not spending enough on internet ads (during a pandemic when the Internet is the first source of information) and after losing, it's somehow AOC's fault", sheesh. Victim-blaming, and sore-losing crosses political parties and platforms.

I sympathize with AOC for saying that if this continues she might quit politics. She was voted to represent her constituency and platform and make that viable, after repeatedly having her advice belittled and ignored, she might decide to leave and maybe work on doing Abrams-style activism.

This kind of incompetence makes it frustrating because the Dems could have actually had the House blowout, and also presumably the Senate win they had within their grasp. I have no doubt the Senate campaigns made the same errors that the House did. The Dems did far better in Red states than GOP in blue states this election. 5million+ votes in TX and FL while maintaining similar overwhelming margins in CA and NYS. This wasn't some Congressional mandate for the GOP, it was the Dems snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Dems choked. I think Nancy Pelosi ought to be challenged as House Leader from her Left (she will win that challenge of course but it's important to raise this issue) and Chuck Schumer...well I am going to assume Pelosi was also the one doing the work on the Senate campaigns since Schumer is famously reluctant in doing his actual job.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-08-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I take issue with all these people gathering in the street to celebrate. We are still in a pandemic people.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I take issue with all these people gathering in the street to celebrate. We are still in a pandemic people.
    Yeah, I have to agree; that's really not smart. I understand the months of distancing have made people a little bit crazy, and the opportunity for release like this is hard to resist. Still, it's a bad idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree; that's really not smart. I understand the months of distancing have made people a little bit crazy, and the opportunity for release like this is hard to resist. Still, it's a bad idea.
    Especially since we need to keep bodies alive and active for the GA runoff vote. Those Atlanta celebrations are scary.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is a very rare for a party to fail to keep the White House after one term in office.

Jimmy Carter was the only one to perform that badly in the twentieth century.

So Trump's loss is significant.

We'll know soon enough, but I do suspect you're right.
    That's not really the point. There is very little to no evidence that the reason for the result was the impeachment. The impeachment was not campaigned upon by Biden and the media hadn't been talking about it ost of the year once the coronavirus hit. Trump's numbers overall were just too strong in too many demographics to say he paid a price for impeachment. The loss is significant but it probably has more to do with simpler causes like Obama voters in WI/MI/PA coming back to Biden and increased outreach efforts in AZ and GA in areas like Maricopa County and Atlanta than it does on any specific political reason. If you were going to pick something that absolutely hurt Trump it would have been the coronavirus well before impeachment comes into play.

Oh man the ballpit...just, perfect.

Boisterously Confused

I usually don't treat BI as an authoritative journalistic source. This opinion piece tho was compelling.

BANNED

I usually don't treat BI as an authoritative journalistic source. This opinion piece tho was compelling.
    Good article. Recommend it.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Yep. Gonna bookmark it

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-08-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That's disparaging to the Dashcon ballpit and its urine-soaked glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Oh man the ballpit...just, perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    That's disparaging to the Dashcon ballpit and its urine-soaked glory.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

With everything happening, I forgot to keep track of the issue of Giuliani's Press Conference but wow...they confused the Four Seasons Hotel in Philly with a landscaping lot that looks like a place the Mob does hits in.

Someone needs to remove the Supremacy in White Supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Someone needs to remove the Supremacy in White Supremacy.
    It's funny, because usually the people claiming the white race is the superior race are hardly an example of genetic superiority.