Melania is a piece of shit, too. The child I feel sorry for, as I always do. He was born into it. Melania I have never felt sorry for. She made her choices.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    there used to be two people I felt sorry for. Melania Trump and Baron. they did not deserve to be dragged into the Trump mess. I would think Melania would have grown a pair. it turns out she wants to go down with the Trump sinking ship. Her Twitter about the election is classless.
    According to a site , she has to act like this and be supportive. She can't leave him while in White House. But its said she's counting the minutes to get away. Also no one can write a book about Trump . Its why Marla Maples hasn't done a book as part of a deal. Melania can't til he's gone. I fully expect it at some point after he's gone though.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Melania is a piece of shit, too. The child I feel sorry for, as I always do. He was born into it. Melania I have never felt sorry for. She made her choices.
    Exactly.

Recent revelations around Melania don’t portray her in a good light.

She’s just a nasty as her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Hey she openly doesn't give a fuck about Christmas. I mean...we all had a laugh about that one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Do you guys think Trump will run again in 2024?

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-08-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Melania: "F*** Christmas..."

Whenever there's faux outrage in Fox News' annual "War on Christmas", feel free on social media to remind them of what she said, and who their crusade should truly target.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2zU2QJitM
    I think he will have a criminal record by that time, wouldn't that be a problem?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Someone brought up its gonna be hard to rally the base around a 1 term guy as he'd only have that 1 term. The more scary thought is Trumpsters want his terrible son Don Jr. to run and be a worse one than he is right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Will McConnell even run again? He's 78, and a lot of Senators opt to retire in their 80s.
    Well even better then. Though I expect that being so close to retirement will make him even more high on the mulep-ss that he claims to know a great deal about.

The next elections do look okay for him.
    In 2022, Republicans are defending seats in states Trump won in 2016, and the midterm electorate tends to be more conservative and against the party in the White House.
    That's because you are thinking in 2010 terms. In 2010, the Republicans were mobilized against the Democrat Trifecta, and even then they needed the Tea Party to do it. This time there's a Republican Senate led by the most nationally hated Sen. Maj. Leader in modern history on the ballot. Divided governments on Midterms don't always go well for the opposition
    (https://www.jstor.org/stable/449151?seq=1).

Remember in 2020, Democrats did far better in Red States than vice versa. Dems were competitive in Texas and Florida scoring higher votes there than Trump did in 2016, whereas Trump can boast of no similar improvement in CA and NYS. Incompetence in Democrat House and Senate Campaigning, on State and National Level, is largely responsible for the lack of blowout, as were weak regional candidates. It wasn't approval of Republican politicians and ideas that carried the day by any means.

So it's not a given that things will follow the script you have in your mind. Anything can happen.

Your party came out of 2020 with a stay of execution, but it's still on death row, especially given that it has two one-term losers in its history in the last 30 years, and only one (narrow) popular vote victory, and not a single majority since 1988. Combined it represents a population that's a minority and shrinking. The Republican SCOTUS is this close to a Dred Scott moment from losing its legitimacy. So don't think it's going so well for you. That's an illusion and a mirage.

The 2024 Senate elections seem to have 23 Democrats defending their seats, with potential pick up opportunities in Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
    Gerrymandering thanks to reforms passed in the interims won't help them well in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota in 2024. Ratf--king 2.0 which obviously will go underway next year will help them but not yield the total bonanza they want. So different conditions are underway.

Again it's not at all a given conditions in 2022 will be the same as 2010 or 2014.

Only a fool would want to be in the position of the Republican Party in 2020 rather than the position of the Democrat Party of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Pelosi place a political bet based on the Congressional gain that she seemed to believe were going to happen.

About that simple.
    It was a gamble that didn't work but we can only say that in hindsight. At the time it probably did seem the right thing to do. And it does seem it could have worked had the party not messed up the downballot campaigns so badly. Either way, I think Pelosi has a lot of meetings with donors, party leaders and others which she has to smarm and talk out of. I think blame would have to be placed on her, not for gambling, but for not doing enough to make that gamble pay off.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-08-2020 at 01:53 PM.

He might try. But he's going to likely be yanked from Twitter. And I think as Covid-19 gets worse as winter approaches and sane governance arrives in January, it's gonna be harder to have rallies.

By the time the indictments get unsealed in the SDNY and the Biden administration starts declassifying the insane s*** foreign policy calls that the Trump administration tried hiding on the bin Laden server so the public never found out what a corrupt, deranged dips*** Trump is...

I don't like his odds. Mostly because I don't see Republicans trying to prop up his dumb f***ing ass, and there's going to be a moment where a lot of them try to fill the void he'll be leaving to consolidate their base around themselves for 2024. Your Sen. Grahams, your Mitt Romneys, your Tom Cottons, your Ted Cruzs, and your Liz Cheneys.

When the chips are down, they're going to turn on him to save their own asses, and try and elevate themselves.

That's the reality. Because trying to do the same stupid s*** with Trump for the next four years, after they've had to deflect with the media this whole time? They're done.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

It was a gamble that didn't work but we can only say that in hindsight. At the time it probably did seem the right thing to do. And it does seem it could have worked had the party not messed up the downballot campaigns so badly. Either way, I think Pelosi has a lot of meetings with donors, party leaders and others which she has to smarm and talk out of. I think blame would have to be placed on her, not for gambling, but for not doing enough to make that gamble pay off.
    Not really.

Plenty of folks pointed out the obvious issue with making that play at the time.

I really hope there are not large crowds again tonight. We are still fighting Covid. And if they do it again it will make a lot of people say why are you shutting down my business because you fear crowd size but let 100,000 people on the streets to party. Why did you bitch about Trump and his rallies when you are letting even larger crowds celebrate a Biden victory. If people do this multiple nights it could very well back fire on them on the long term.

But I will say I have avoided the news all day so i dont know if there are crowds gathering. I know there was a rally planed in Cincy but dont know what happened with that,
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really.

Plenty of folks pointed out the obvious issue with making that play at the time.
    Dude virtually everyone was predicting the Dems to blowout the House and take the Senate. Pelosi thought she would land on her feet with that stunt.

And that stunt might have worked had the downballots not screwed things over so much in their messaging.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Someone brought up its gonna be hard to rally the base around a 1 term guy as he'd only have that 1 term. The more scary thought is Trumpsters want his terrible son Don Jr. to run and be a worse one than he is right now.
    It'll be easier for him to name a heir apparent who can inherit the Trump base, continue his policy goals and who he can take credit for if they succeed or blame if they fail. Plus Trump like will be dealing with his creditors and legal indictments once he is out of office

Astonishing Member

David Pakman drives home a very sad reality.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.