It seems the legal battle to take the election mightbe more of a campaign to get money from their supporters that they can keep. The laws about unspent money are very vagueThe Trumps are primarily grifters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It seems the legal battle to take the election mightbe more of a campaign to get money from their supporters that they can keep. The laws about unspent money are very vagueThe Trumps are primarily grifters.
    It's like kleptomania. They can't help to rob, con, and steal.

I mean even in a situation like this, a very spontaneous late game hail-mary pass like this attempt to fund election lawsuits, someone still found time to add in a grift.

It might even be unconscious, so used to it, that they do it automatically.

It's very obvious the Trump Team didn't expect such a decisive and clear defeat. Jared Kushner going around asking, "Where's my Jim Baker?" when ideally they should have locked in their Jim Baker for a while now if they were planning to go to lawsuits from the get-go, or it was a well-thought out Plan B. They thought a redo of 2016, they thought a redo of 2000, but this is basically looking more like 2008 and 2012. An unpopular Republican candidate loses by a significant margin to the Democrat candidate.

Intermediary

in a better world

Melania files for divorce the day after the inauguration

Goes on Maddow the next day and drops ALL THE DIRT

rides off into the sunset

Astonishing Member

The Trump administration are predictably taking credit for the vaccine trial announcement.

Here’s reality:

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-09-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Intermediary

Pfizer did take HHS money, pending completion and sale of the vaccine

but not participating in Operation Dumb Name

there is a difference

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Pfizer did take HHS money, pending completion and sale of the vaccine

but not participating in Operation Dumb Name

there is a difference
    From what I heard on TV news, they didn't take any money for the actual research. That company reps said that Pfizer was convinced that they could do the work faster and better without government interference. However, they did make an agreement with the government so that, once the vaccine was developed, approved, and ready they would sell a certain number of units to them.

My concern is that the Trump Administration might get it's hands on the vaccine before Jan 20 and hold it hostage. That Trump would control who gets it and who doesn't, and expect some kind of kickback or bribe or something.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    From what I heard on TV news, they didn't take any money for the actual research. That company reps said that Pfizer was convinced that they could do the work faster and better without government interference. However, they did make an agreement with the government so that, once the vaccine was developed, approved, and ready they would sell a certain number of units to them.

My concern is that the Trump Administration might get it's hands on the vaccine before Jan 20 and hold it hostage. That Trump would control who gets it and who doesn't, and expect some kind of kickback or bribe or something.
    I don't see Pfizer letting that happen

also January is right around the corner

Georgia needs as much help as we all can get it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Elections don't work by bank hold-up rules, thankfully.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That article is good. It's basically a retelling of the Tortoise and the Hare. Biden ran a competent campaign that put the safety of his constitutents and his staff at priority, and kept its cool while Trump and his team repeatedly f--k up multiple times. The stuff about Kimberly Guilfoyle is just hilarious. Sheesh. How sleazy you have to be that white supremacist oligarchs are like "nope, don't want to be associated with that". Jared Kushner is awful, as are the campaign managers.

It's not that the Biden campaign didn't make mistakes, because I think they didn't do enough in Texas to target Latino communities in the border. It's that they made fewer than Trump (which sounds easy but again look what happened to HRC in 2016).

Biden's basement campaign and "front-porch campaign" was incredible. And his sister Valerie Biden and everyone around him were to be commended.

Intermediary

looks like there will be a press conference or event or something from the White House at 3pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    looks like there will be a press conference or event or something from the White House at 3pm EST
    Is it going to end with me thinking this?

ElectionWound.jpg
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Gotta admire AOC. After her interview with the NYT and CNN at Jake Tapper, she got Abigail Spanberger to walkback her bizarre rant.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....rJU3ghML8E</a>

Now Spanberger is all, "Of course I'm not centrist or moderate or anything. I voted for police reform and all that. I just want us to get down and discuss what happened, and I wasn't attacking anyone...just to prove it...Mitch McConnell is totally the worst, and I don't expect anything until he puts out first."

OH MY GOD.

The first person Rudy Giuliani, the attorney for President Donald Trump, called up as a witness to baseless allegations of vote counting shenanigans in Philadelphia during a press conference last week is a sex offender who for years has been a perennial candidate in New Jersey.

“It’s such a shame. This is a democracy,” Daryl Brooks, who said he was a GOP poll watcher, said at the press conference, held at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Northeast Philadelphia. “They did not allow us to see anything. Was it corrupt or not? But give us an opportunity as poll watchers to view all the documents — all of the ballots.”
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ahahahahhahahahha.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-...fender-1335241

Astonishing Member

Ben Carson just tested positive for COVID-19 and was at the White House watch party on Election Night.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-09-2020 at 09:47 AM.

- Charles Schultz.