Intermediary

Mark Esper has been "terminated" as SecDef

per the Idiot in Chief

Also a way to keep taking donations.

Astonishing Member

Trump once again fires someone on Twitter - Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

Looks like Trump is doing a series of revenge firings. Attorney General Bill Barr and FBI director Christopher A. Wray are likely next, as well as Anthony Fauci.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-09-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Mark Esper has been "terminated" as SecDef

per the Idiot in Chief
    I just heard.

Trump might be up to something, or he might just be talking out his anger on those around him.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just heard.

Trump might be up to something, or he might just be talking out his anger on those around him.
    Could go either way, but its likely that he's been boiling over every annoyance of the last four years and had an "Esper made me look weak" spasm when his memory drifted over the riots.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

He's at least clearing the decks for Biden to come in or rehire some possibly. I mean its petty and stupid. It shows where his mindset is .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

We knew this one was coming from reporting. Expect the FBI chief next

After 2016, the faithless electors laws were changed in many states and in DC.

On December 8th, states that have faithless electors have to certify their votes, and replace them. The legal battles have to to be completed by December 14.

The only state this will affect is PA because the GOP controlled house might try to defy the will of the Dem Governor. Otherwise, they are bound to vote by the popular vote.

There's not enough states to flip it towards Trump the other way.

The chickens of the 2016 and 2000 elections are coming home to roost.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-09-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just heard.

Like a spoiled child denied candy before dinner, Trump is lashing out in anger, and I suspect more heads will roll, if but for no other reason than it’ll make him feel good to fire people.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Will be a great way to mobilize Dem turnout
    The offer to make Trump lose again, that will be too tempting.

But seriously right now, Trump knows the sting of losing in a way he has never done before.

Mary Trump has pointed this out,

"What’s interesting is that Donald has never won anything legitimately in his entire life, but because he has been so enabled by people along the way, he has never lost anything either....the result is he has been experiencing this slow drip-drip of disaster over the past few days. Oh, you have these huge margins! Now your margins are shrinking. Oh, Joe Biden’s ahead. Now his margins are growing. It must have been like slow torture, but he set up this failure for himself."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...9xOTiEdwc2SkSo

So the sting of defeat is enough to intimidate him from ever coming back into politics again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The offer to make Trump lose again, that will be too tempting.

But seriously right now, Trump knows the sting of losing in a way he has never done before.

Mary Trump has pointed this out,

"What’s interesting is that Donald has never won anything legitimately in his entire life, but because he has been so enabled by people along the way, he has never lost anything either....the result is he has been experiencing this slow drip-drip of disaster over the past few days. Oh, you have these huge margins! Now your margins are shrinking. Oh, Joe Biden’s ahead. Now his margins are growing. It must have been like slow torture, but he set up this failure for himself."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...9xOTiEdwc2SkSo

So the sting of defeat is enough to intimidate him from ever coming back into politics again.
    I personally think Trump is either truly crazy or so arrogant that he could not see the forest for the trees that there was a chance he could loose the election.

After COVID
    Stroking a lot of racial unrest for 4 years.

Those two factors should have made anyone known there was a 90% chance you were going to get FIRED.

Intermediary

and now there is a rumor that the WH head of personnel is telling staff that anyone caught looking for a new job will be immediately terminated

Astonishing Member

and now there is a rumor that the WH head of personnel is telling staff that anyone caught looking for a new job will be immediately terminated
    They only have 72 days left anyway. I cant feel sorry for them either way. You choose to work there

Ultimate Member

Where's the threat? They can get unemployment and don't have to work at a train wreck. I'd be yelling that through the halls

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where's the threat? They can get unemployment and don't have to work at a train wreck. I'd be yelling that through the halls
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium