The Trump administration not cooperating with transition is simply put:

Republicans fear Donald Trump's ego being hurt more than they respect national security.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

As Jeb Bush once said about Trump in a debate: “he’s a chaos candidate and he’ll be a chaos president.”

Only makes sense a chaos President would have a chaos transition, especially when he’s lost to someone he doesn’t respect.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    As Jeb Bush once said about Trump in a debate: “he’s a chaos candidate and he’ll be a chaos president.”

Only makes sense a chaos President would have a chaos transition, especially when he’s lost to someone he doesn’t respect.
    Of course he lost to someone he didn't respect, because Trump doesn't respect ANYONE.

Biden may be even less respected by the Lame Duck a l'orange because he is part of the opposition party, or because he ran against him at all, or because he willingly worked under some black guy who made fun of him once.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Of course he lost to someone he didn't respect, because Trump doesn't respect ANYONE.

Biden may be even less respected by the Lame Duck a l'orange because he is part of the opposition party, or because he ran against him at all, or because he willingly worked under some black guy who made fun of him once.
    Plus, Biden tried to run for president a couple times before and came up short.

Man it must sting to be Biden's one victory, heh heh...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Plus, Biden tried to run for president a couple times before and came up short.

Man it must sting to be Biden's one victory, heh heh...
    The strangest thing about this is that Trump believed Biden would beat him long before the Democrat party and Democrat voters in general believed he would.

That's why he did that stupid Burisma thing that got him impeached. He went out of his way to hunt down Biden's Benghazi and came a cropper because he hired the absolute worst people to do the job.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The strangest thing about this is that Trump believed Biden would beat him long before the Democrat party and Democrat voters in general believed he would.

That's why he did that stupid Burisma thing that got him impeached. He went out of his way to hunt down Biden's Benghazi and came a cropper because he hired the absolute worst people to do the job.
    Did he think Biden would win, or did he just want plenty of ammo?

I doubt Trump understands the concept of overkill, after all.

Boisterously Confused

"Believed"? Dunno.

"Feared"? Oh yeah.

BANNED

Did he think Biden would win, or did he just want plenty of ammo?

Trump didn't go out of his way to try and nuke any of the other candidates. He decided to break the law to take down Biden with the Burisma thing and so blatant was it that literally everyone around him save Giuliani didn't want to be associated with it. John Bolton, live-action Yosemite Sam, decided it was too crazy for him (though he of course saved that for his book because you know still a--hole).

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    "Believed"? Dunno.

"Feared"? Oh yeah.
    With Trump belief and fear is the same thing.

Ultimate Member

Trump didn't go out of his way to try and nuke any of the other candidates. He decided to break the law to take down Biden with the Burisma thing and so blatant was it that literally everyone around him save Giuliani didn't want to be associated with it. John Bolton, live-action Yosemite Sam, decided it was too crazy for him (though he of course saved that for his book because you know still a--hole).
    Yeah, fair point. Hmm, Trump screwed by his only political foresight.

BANNED

Yeah, fair point. Hmm, Trump screwed by his only political foresight.
    It's a bit like Dick Dastardly stopping to cheat to win a race he could have won fairly.

The Burisma and Impeachment thing made Biden famous and elevated him as a Trump-beater when before he was Obama's old white friend.

Then his mishandling of the Pandemic, the constant attempt to cheat and lie by petty hustles with the post office and others, it's like Trump wanted to prove that he can cheat and win...it's like he felt it would be beneath him to do a proper job.

Ultimate Member

It's a bit like Dick Dastardly stopping to cheat to win a race he could have won fairly.

The Burisma and Impeachment thing made Biden famous and elevated him as a Trump-beater when before he was Obama's old white friend.

Then his mishandling of the Pandemic, the constant attempt to cheat and lie by petty hustles with the post office and others, it's like Trump wanted to prove that he can cheat and win...it's like he felt it would be beneath him to do a proper job.
    Well, its not like he did a proper job for the last 3 previous years, no reason for him to start now, I suppose.

God, I loath that Covid helped dislodged that maniac...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, its not like he did a proper job for the last 3 previous years, no reason for him to start now, I suppose.

God, I loath that Covid helped dislodged that maniac...
    Yeah. The simple, yet terrifying truth is that Trump would’ve been re-elected, perhaps easily re-elected if he hadn’t screwed up his response to the virus. The dumbass literally shot himself in both feet, and the country suffered as a result.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah. The simple, yet terrifying truth is that Trump would’ve been re-elected, perhaps easily re-elected if he hadn’t screwed up his response to the virus. The dumbass literally shot himself in both feet, and the country suffered as a result.
    I dunno... I think it was Dave Chapelle I saw recently say something I'd been thinking a while during our Covid shutdown, that this has been what has dominated the media through the year, but prior to this it was having another mass shooting every other week if not every few days. It had been going on for years.

Just even try to imagine, what if that had been what was still going down, when all of the protests about police violence started? How would those two national narratives have played out, if running simultaneously?

I mean, it might have worked out in his favor, if people were afraid they were really seeing a new civil war starting in the streets ... but, just like it was hard for him to claim he had no responsibility for how bad Covid hit us, it's also possible he would not have been able to dodge the blame for rampant violent clashes in the streets. You know, particularly since the alt-right side outright say they're following his lead, and he won't denounce them.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

It's a bit like asking a dog if it can grasp the concept of Norway. Mind you, the things Trump probably doesn't understand could fill an entire reality.
    Last edited by Hellion; 11-14-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    It's a bit like asking a dog if it can grasp the concept of Norway. Mind you, the things Trump probably doesn't understand could fill an entire reality.
    Actually, this dog might be hip.