Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That feels more like something you are trying to read in than anything else.
    It's a clear pattern. From attacks on Clinton, AOC (You don't remember throwing cold water on the idea that she should take the place of Sanders as the face of the progressive movement, eh? How convenient.), Harris, Klobuchar, Pelosi etc... you seem to have it out for any woman seeking power in the Democratic Party, and have made hundreds of posts to attack any of them. (Especially Clinton, of course.)

I'm not going to be bothered to quote them all. The proof is, y'know, in your collective posts. It would be like if someone were to tell me, "I heard he said there are stupid people in power in the Republican Party." I'm at least going to be realistic enough to not pretend that it isn't clearly the case, because yes, it happens once a day, at least. And were I to do anything else would be, dare I say, disingenuous.

Also, side note, it's silly that when being called out on it, your response is, "JOE MCCARTHY!!!" Like... what?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's a clear pattern. From attacks on Clinton, AOC (You don't remember throwing cold water on the idea that she should take the place of Sanders as the face of the progressive movement, eh? How convenient.), Harris, Klobuchar, Pelosi etc... you seem to have it out for any woman seeking power in the Democratic Party, and have made hundreds of posts to attack any of them. (Especially Clinton, of course.)

I'm not going to be bothered to quote them all. The proof is, y'know, in your collective posts. It would be like if someone were to tell me, "I heard he said there are stupid people in power in the Republican Party." I'm at least going to be realistic enough to not pretend that it isn't clearly the case, because yes, it happens once a day, at least. And were I to do anything else would be, dare I say, disingenuous.

Also, side note, it's silly that when being called out on it, your response is, "JOE MCCARTHY!!!" Like... what?
    Here's the problem...

Pelosi actually was just running the show while a bunch of losses happened. Wasn't even the first time either.

At some point, you need to be able to entertain the possibility that it ain't about that she happened to be born female.

Never mind that everything about Harris has been about the job she has actually done.

Which would be the exact reason Warren didn't come up. Because there is no real issue there.

Again, about the politician. Same as all of the times that I have pointed out Biden's issue when it comes to going to bat for the Credit/Banking industry while they had his kid on the payroll.

About the politician, and the job they have done.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-19-2020 at 01:16 AM.

To address this once, there's a pretty "Man, Must Be A Conservative..." element in response to criticism in this thread that tends to often look a whole lot like when Joe saw "Reds..." every time he looked at something.

Not particularly complicated.

As the Covid-19 death poll surpasses a quarter million people, and the CDC is recommending people don't gather in large groups for the holidays...

Conservative idjits such as Charlie Kirk are painting public health warnings as "the left are starting a War on Thanksgiving".

... You think we don't want turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and a nice dinner with relatives? Like, I know the right wants to demonize the left as a bunch of gay wedding promoting godless heathens, but we definitely still like to eat, Charlie. Nobody's going to war with people eating. Well, unless you count the conservatives who want to cut all SNAP funding.

To address this once, there's a pretty "Man, Must Be A Conservative..." element in response to criticism in this thread that tends to often look a whole lot like when Joe saw "Reds..." every time he looked at something.

Not particularly complicated.
    If it wasn't complicated, it wouldn't have been completely misapplied.

Mighty Member

Did having been around longer and having this experience create a plan that picked up seats in the house during what was about as close to an "Opponent Shoots Self In Both Feet..." year as Democrats are liable to get?

Because if the answer is a "Well, No...", you have to ask yourself what that experience got you.
    As a liberal, I am concerned with how liberal governments can maintain power and stay in power, not debating AOC fanboys who are but hurt that her political views don't line up with the mainstream.

Democrats made gains in the House in 2018 because it was a referendum on a President who swung way too far to the right, and is now out of power because he lost the center of the country than leans Democrat in the popular vote.

Biden won in 2020 because he was able to mobilize the African American vote, something neither Sanders, or Warren could do during the primaries. African Americans as a whole are moderate voters, and you can not win an election without them, Stacey Abrams, not Cortez gets the final say.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ack-democrats/

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    As a liberal, I am concerned with how liberal governments can maintain power and stay in power, not debating AOC fanboys who are but hurt that her political views don't line up with the mainstream.

Democrats made gains in the House in 2018 because it was a referendum on a President who swung way too far to the right, and is now out of power because he lost the center of the country than leans Democrat in the popular vote.

Biden won in 2020 because he was able to mobilize the African American vote, something neither Sanders, or Warren could do during the primaries. African Americans as a whole are moderate voters, and you can not win an election without them, Stacey Abrams, not Cortez gets the final say.

This is correct.

I'll add that Sen. Harris was starting to surge in the primaries herself until Tulsi Gabbard took a swipe or two at her in a debate and an army of Russian bots amplified it (and the "Kamala is a Cop" meme) online. But she had a lot of African American support as a candidate herself, and with the funding, could have realistically been the nominee were it not for that interference.

Still waiting to hear about Gabbard switching parties any day now, BTW.

Now, I'm a fanboy...

As for the concern, the "Business As Usual..." set just lost ground in spite of that "Know How..." and time on the job should seemingly have yielded a different result than a politician like AOC could have.

If you are delivering losses? I'm just not so sure about how important being a "Seasoned"/"Mature" Democrat actually is.

This is correct.

I'll add that Sen. Harris was starting to surge in the primaries herself until Tulsi Gabbard took a swipe or two at her in a debate and an army of Russian bots amplified it (and the "Kamala is a Cop" meme) online. But she had a lot of African American support as a candidate herself, and with the funding, could have realistically been the nominee were it not for that interference.

I'm still waiting on that third party run I heard so much about...

I'm still waiting on that third party run I heard so much about...
    Trump thought Kanye was a more effective ratf***er, is why it didn't happen.

Because he's still underhanded, but thankfully, his maliciousness disrespect for the democratic process is still undercut by the fact that he's wildly incompetent and out of touch.

Mighty Member

This is correct.

Agreed both Harris and Abrahams will play strong future roles in the Democratic Party in the years to come.

As for Gabbard, she's a weird one, I'm all for the big tent, but if she wants to rise in the ranks, she might want to cross the floor, I'd say doing so in state of Hawaii is probably political suicide, so I imagine she'll remain Democrat unless she moves.

Trump thought Kanye was a more effective ratf***er, is why it didn't happen.

Because he's still underhanded, but thankfully, his maliciousness disrespect for the democratic process is still undercut by the fact that he's wildly incompetent and out of touch.
    While I guess that anything could be, that folks were jumping at shadows feels like it's quite a bit more likely.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The average member of the NYPD makes 96k a year.

https://cbcny.org/research/seven-fac...0differentials).
    But consider the cost of living in NYC where the median price of a home is $680,500 and just a studio apartment is $1700.

Agreed both Harris and Abrahams will play strong future roles in the Democratic Party in the years to come.

As for Gabbard, she's a weird one, I'm all for the big tent, but if she wants to rise in the ranks, she might want to cross the floor, I'd say doing so in state of Hawaii is probably political suicide, so I imagine she'll remain Democrat unless she moves.
    Gabbard didn't run for re-election to the House because of her ill-fated decision to run for president.

As it stands, she'll have a hard time winning a primary as a Democrat again, given... well, she's always been an odd fit on Team Blue. They championed her as a woman and a veteran, but her bizarre support of Bashar-al-Assad, her Islamophobia, and her upbringing in a flagrantly anti-LGBTQ household (with some videos to that effect from her youth) made her make much more sense as a Republican. Understanding how Sen. Joe Manchin leans more right than most Democrats, for better or worse, you think, "Well, of course he does. He has to win statewide elections in West Virginia."

Tulsi Gabbard is to the right of most Democrats... WHILE IN HAWAII. It... just doesn't make sense politically. Like, Tulsi's only as left as Sheriff David Clarke or the Georgia state rep. who crowd-surfed at a Trump rally.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-19-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But consider the cost of living in NYC where the median price of a home is $680,500 and just a studio apartment is $1700.
    Yeah...

One could probably say the same about things in Illinois until they saw what property taxes run. Never mind the extra that a cop in Chicago would need to make to live in Chicago.

Not to make excuses for them though. Just a separate issue.