Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If a baseball player had one hit in 29 at bats, he’d be shown to the bench. One thing’s for certain, Trump isn’t going to quit, no matter how times his legal team gets it’s collective asses handed to him. I suspect Trump’s endgame is to find a way to get a hearing before SCOTUS on the hope they would overturn the results and name him the winner.
    There would be a chance if he kept it up that kind of average, he'd be sent to the minors or designated for assignment.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

So looking forward to Obama's audiobook.

Listening to Becoming by Michelle was outstanding.

They have well earned their success with their memoirs.

Barack Obama’s new memoir sells nearly 890,000 copies in 24 hours (sorry, Michelle)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Anyone watch Rudy 'truth isn't truth' Guliani's briefing today? Around 40:00 they start naming who was behind the election fraud. Some listed were the GOP's boogeyman George Soros, the Clinton Foundation, ANTIFA, and 'commies' Hugo Chavez who died several years ago and Maduro. Rudy was sweating so much his hair dye started running down his cheeks.
    I just saw part of that and I was wondering what that was on the left side of his face and then the host of the show explained it. The jokes just write themselves about him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is more fucking scary than Rudy's insane act on TV now. The fact were seeing a President desperate to keep power now trying to get electors on his side to turn the election to him after he LOST. That this is his end game as the courts aren't really doing anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Sen. Richard Burr has been caught insider trading AGAIN.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-da...a=twitter_page

Jon Ossoff's dig about him being a crook becomes more true every day.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    There are black progressives tho, my theory regarding the democratic party is thus; After the Southern Strategy where republicans courted white racists to their side, democrats just sort of failed to respond.

Republicans are so reprehensible that, for many, democrats are the party of default. They've never really tried to move in a direction to oppose republicans, they just let out one massive shrug as they watched their base melt away. Now they have all this diversity but have no idea what to do about it.

A lot of young, active democrats actively loath the party. It's a bit funny and sad to watch AOC attack the democratic party despite "technically" being a part of it, but it makes an unfortunate amount of sense. Anyone not part of the Old Democrats needs to take the party over. It's so far to the right that the only thing distinguishing them from republicans is that they aren't *literal* fascists.
    Democrats pride themselves on being a big tent party but that often leaves them stagnant and unsatisfying to different factions within it. Republicans get consistant turnout because their voters know what they are getting and it's what they signed up for. Democrats walk the tight rope and it's getting increasingly narrow

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

So...every state that Biden won is involved in the largest conspiracy in U.S. history? Voters, poll watchers, poll volunteers, the police, the local municipal government, local police, local and State judicial branch, State officials, state legislatures? Have I missed anyone? And all of this happened under Trump's watch? While the MAGAs were paying very, very close attention to all of it? While his own government confirmed that this was one of the best-run, most secure elections in memorable history?

Boisterously Confused

I am not a GOP fan. But there are some GOP officials, even otherwise deplorable ones, that deserve a profound slow clap. They stuck to their guns, and preserved the rule of law. First guy on the list, loathe him tho I do, is The KKKeebler Elf, AKA Jeff Sessions.

It's a weird world where we have to thank our mortal enemies for preserving our way of life.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I am not a GOP fan. But there are some GOP officials, even otherwise deplorable ones, that deserve a profound slow clap. They stuck to their guns, and preserved the rule of law. First guy on the list, loathe him tho I do, is The KKKeebler Elf, AKA Jeff Sessions.

It's a weird world where we have to thank our mortal enemies for preserving our way of life.
    Sessions only did it because Trump threw him under the bus twice. He's only standing up to Trump because of basic common sense

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sessions only did it because Trump threw him under the bus twice. He's only standing up to Trump because of basic common sense
    I didn't say he's a wonderful guy. Nor do I declare support for those GOP governors and secretaries of state digging in their feet. Whatever their motives, we should recognize that we owe them some thanks on this issue.

As for Sessions, as I said, I Ioathe the man. But Trump's ass-licking creature Barr is currently AG because Sessions would not squelch the 2016 Election Interference Investigation. It cost him professionally and personally. No matter how much I otherwise despise him, that deserves respect.

This view that our enemies must be 100% evil, that they can do nothing that is of benefit to all of us, is one of the things that makes such a mess of US politics, and US life in general.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Sen. Richard Burr has been caught insider trading AGAIN.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-da...a=twitter_page

Jon Ossoff's dig about him being a crook becomes more true every day.
    Perdue, not Burr! Poor WBE, the alcohol is getting to you at last! ;(

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Democratic Party is neither too far left nor is it too far right, it is where it needs to be at the time it is needed. Just as false assumptions are made that any one voting block [Male, female, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, etc.] is monolithic, so too is it a false assumption that the Democratic Party is monolithic or worse, that it is inflexible.

Assuming she stays in office, in 15-20 years or so, AOC and her Crew will be the leaders of the Democratic Party, then the next, younger generation will be complaining that they are establishment and that the party is monolithic and inflexible.

Change happens from within and it happens gradually and it happens in response to the times and the needs and circumstances.
    If you say so lol

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Democrats pride themselves on being a big tent party but that often leaves them stagnant and unsatisfying to different factions within it. Republicans get consistant turnout because their voters know what they are getting and it's what they signed up for. Democrats walk the tight rope and it's getting increasingly narrow
    Democrats are also prone to using the Suburban Strategy, the affable evil twin sister of the Southern Strategy.

So the Georgia recount wrapped up, declaring once again that the state went for Biden, but with a slightly narrower margin. I'm sure Trump's reaction to this news will be to continue to flail around with all the grace and charm of a colostomy bag.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci