Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You know it's bad when Tucker Carlson (a man that confessed that his show talks about stuff like UFOs) calls out the bullshit.
    Meanwhile, we have Lou Dobbs arguing that Trump just needs to be declared the winner (but just in the swing states) because of 'fraud'.

AKA 'Black people voted'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, we have Lou Dobbs arguing that Trump just needs to be declared the winner (but just in the swing states) because of 'fraud'.

This.

I've been following the stories. It's actually very telling that they are really focusing on areas with heavy Black voters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Except like it's already been pointed out, Democrats (or atleast the leadership) don't seem to care about their diversity. Because if they did they wouldn't still try to pivot to a demographic that's long since left them. I find myself saying, at least twice a day, that a lot of democrats (including dem leaders) are more GOP than folks wanna realize. Sometimes folks run on the left ticket to win, not because they actually believe in the platform itself.
    You are mistaken on a few things. One, if the democrats didn't care about diversity they would not have elected a two term African American president, and now a Vice President. The Democrat party cannot win today without the African American vote mobilized.

You are also mistaken in thinking that white voters represent the bulk of the moderate vote, this is untrue. African Americans are as whole, are a more moderate Democratic voting block, white liberals tend to be more liberal, which is why they backed Sanders, and Warren.

African Americans tend to be more moderate because 1) they have a large Evangelical base that votes Democrat, and 2) I'm persuming here; African Americans get hit the hardest with economic downturns and stagnating growth, when the economy goes too far left. African Americans who are radical, tend to be located in low income inner city centers.

Statistics show that a large proportion of Hispanic voters who are Democrats are socially conservative because of their Catholic roots, but they make up the radical end when it comes to mobilizing unions, which is why many of them supported Sanders which is a good thing.

Immigrants in general however, whether they be Muslim or Asian tend to have more family oriented and socially conservative than secular white liberals, particularly on issues of drug prohibition, LGBTQ issues and abortion.

That being said, the white vote in the Democratic Party is now primarily a middle/upper class vote, that will most likely be the center left you disdain, however the largest pool of that votes comes from white Women who lean more to the left than white men.

Winning elections is never about what you want, it's about building coalitions, so that your in the position to make policy, instead of sitting in the opposition watching Republicans run things. You can try forming a party with what "you want", but it probably won't go anywhere.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly that. The GOP is out to disenfranchise black people like me from voting, and they'll never stop until they've accomplished that ugly goal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This.

I've been following the stories. It's actually very telling that they are really focusing on areas with heavy Black voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Exactly that. The GOP is out to disenfranchise black people like me from voting, and they'll never stop until they've accomplished that ugly goal.
    Trump and those still loyal to him at Fox News are, and have been white nationalists since 2015. At least that far back.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump and those still loyal to him at Fox News are, and have been white nationalists since 2015. At least that far back.
    While I don't watch the channel (that way lies madness), it's a given that Hamhocks, Fucker and Ignoramus will ride AND die with Trump, ditto with the nutbags on Faux & Fiends, but who's distancing themselves from the Orange Menace?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trumps contempt for the electoral process seems just like the tip of the iceberg...with the iceberg itself being a determined effort over decades to make it harder for the “wrong” people to vote.

I hope the next few years see a massively determined pushback on that. And I think it might well happen...partly ironically) because The Donald has shown how ugly and potentially dangerous it is.

Astonishing Member

Rudy Guiliani seemed even more brain damaged in that disastrous press conference yesterday than he usually comes across, and that’s saying something. I’m not a doctor but good lord something must be going on with him, he did not seem well physically or mentally.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Except like it's already been pointed out, Democrats (or atleast the leadership) don't seem to care about their diversity. Because if they did they wouldn't still try to pivot to a demographic that's long since left them. I find myself saying, at least twice a day, that a lot of democrats (including dem leaders) are more GOP than folks wanna realize. Sometimes folks run on the left ticket to win, not because they actually believe in the platform itself.
    Leadership is an alliance of various factions, even Bernie Sanders himself was a part of it from 2013-15 in the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee and there are numerous members of that who do care that it's diversity. Conservatism isn't dead, it has a vastly stronger hold on both parties then leftists do and the leftists don't have a big part of leadership or a large section in congress by themselves, especially not in the senate. This is power dynamics, and just because leftists are part of the group don't make them entitled to overruling everything leadership does. Leadership is about serving the Democrats as a whole, catering solely to a single group in the party gets us nowhere. Sure there are spats between groups, but it's not like the leftist politicians are above the fray. Of course other groups and leadership are going to be annoyed when they are insulted and get sick of the posturing that isn't backed up with the power they wield.

You'd be wrong, and that helps Republicans with the "Both sides are the same" narrative.

That's not true about all leftist politicians, AOC is on board with the Democrats for instance. Not all people in a group want the same things, as well, take The Squad a subgroup within as subgroup who don't have identical votes on bills.

This ignores how incredibly powerful the GOP are, and how vital roles like Manchin is.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 11-20-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Pence returns to the campaign trail, where he'll begin to chart his own political future: The outgoing vice president will have to make a case for Republican Senate candidates, all while sidestepping the reality that Trump lost the election.

One more time down the rabbit hole before he packs up his bags and leaves.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Rudy Guiliani seemed even more brain damaged in that disastrous press conference yesterday than he usually comes across, and that’s saying something. I’m not a doctor but good lord something must be going on with him, he did not seem well physically or mentally.
    I have a theory.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    African Americans get hit the hardest with economic downturns and stagnating growth, when the economy goes too far left. African Americans who are radical, tend to be located in low income inner city centers.
    And what "too far left" policies is that?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Leadership is an alliance of various factions, even Bernie Sanders himself was a part of it from 2013-15 in the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee and there are numerous members of that who do care that it's diversity. Conservatism isn't dead, it has a vastly stronger hold on both parties then leftists do and the leftists don't have a big part of leadership or a large section in congress by themselves, especially not in the senate. This is power dynamics, and just because leftists are part of the group don't make them entitled to overruling everything leadership does. Leadership is about serving the Democrats as a whole, catering solely to a single group in the party gets us nowhere. Sure there are spats between groups, but it's not like the leftist politicians are above the fray. Of course other groups and leadership are going to be annoyed when they are insulted and get sick of the posturing that isn't backed up with the power they wield.

You'd be wrong, and that helps Republicans with the "Both sides are the same" narrative.

That's not true about all leftist politicians, AOC is on board with the Democrats for instance. Not all people in a group want the same things, as well, take The Squad a subgroup within as subgroup who don't have identical votes on bills.

This ignores how incredibly powerful the GOP are, and how vital roles like Manchin is.
    I get the idea of alliances, y'all are just not listening to what we are saying. Black people feel underappreciated, even after all we did to help win this election and past elections.

Astonishing Member

I get the idea of alliances, y'all are just not listening to what we are saying. Black people feel underappreciated, even after all we did to help win this election and past elections.
    But refuse to acknowledge how important they are to accomplishing political goals. Please don't confuse not agreeing with not listening. Which is true, however, this insistence that every faction and race are of one mind is not compelling, and moving the goal posts. Black people are in every faction in the Democratic party, and the party needs them all - not just the leftists. Part of being in a coalition is working with the coalition, even the Justice Democrats are a coalition unto itself.

And who is "we"?

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.