Page 12 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Weren't these same guys popping a vein about being called out for the migrant concentration camps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Weren't these same guys popping a vein about being called out for the migrant concentration camps?
    Yep. The immigrant holding facilities are closer to the Japanese internment camps (actually called concentration camps in correspondence by FDR himself), stay at home orders are (as is mentioned in the Twitter comments) closer to wartime rationing. We wouldn't be able to contribute much to WWII if it were to happen today, even without COVID 19.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Since it may lead to questioning your own motivations, as a rule conservatives must turn in their sense of irony when they join the party.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I say "Boris fucked up" you start talking about Jeremy Corbyn as if its relevant. Never once in my post did I say a thing about Corbyn. I was more surprised in my initial post that you were softballing Boris for his murderous bungling.

Then I say throw the bastards out...because their doing a **** job. You then imply a violent revolution with your "storm the barricades" comment.

I didn’t mention Boris in my initial post..or even refer to UK at all. When you did, I felt it was fair to compare Boris’s handling of crisis with what might have been expected if some other specific political leader was in charge.

And if you make statements like “Throw the bastards out” four years before a General Election is due...you really shouldn’t complain if some people think you are advocating something other than waiting 4 years to vote.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Baby Trump is crying again.
    The paranoia is strong in President Snowflake. "WAHHHHHHH!! The House doesn't like me! WAHHHHHHHH!!" Somebody get Diaper Don a binkie, STAT!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sexist much, Donnie? More proof Trump can't handle strong women who think for themselves, stand up to him and refuse to accept his bullshit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I didn’t mention Boris in my initial post..or even refer to UK at all. When you did, I felt it was fair to compare Boris’s handling of crisis with what might have been expected if some other specific political leader was in charge.

And if you make statements like “Throw the bastards out” four years before a General Election is due...you really shouldn’t complain if some people think you are advocating something other than waiting 4 years to vote.
    I'd like to think such gross negligence in this case would ensure they were removed frankly.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Same session, this happened.

The working class aren't "regular folks," according to Wisconsin's Republican chief justice, who is content to let them die.

Astonishing Member

Kushner coronavirus effort said to be hampered by inexperienced volunteers

“Americans are facing a crisis of tragic proportions and there is an urgent need for an effective, efficient and bold response,” reads the complaint, which was sent to the committee on April 8. “From my few weeks as a volunteer, I believe we are falling short. I am writing to alert my representatives of these challenges and to ask that they do everything possible to help front-line health-care workers and other Americans in need.”

Supply-chain volunteers were instructed to fast-track protective equipment leads from “VIPs,” including conservative journalists friendly to the White House, according to the complaint and one senior administration official.

“Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade, for example, called two people he knew in the administration to pass along a lead about protective equipment in an effort to be helpful, according to two people familiar with the outreach. Fox News Channel host Jeanine Pirro also repeatedly lobbied the administration for a specific New York hospital to receive a large quantity of masks, one of the people said.

Kilmeade and Pirro said they were not aware that their tips were being prioritized, a Fox News spokeswoman said.
    Even as the volunteer group struggled to procure protective equipment, about 30 percent of “key supplies,” including masks, in the national stockpile of emergency medical equipment went toward standing up a separate Kushner-led effort to establish drive-through testing sites nationwide, according to a March internal planning document obtained by The Post and confirmed by one current and one former administration official. Kushner had originally promised thousands of testing sites, but only 78 materialized; the stockpile was used to supply 44 of those over five to 10 days, the document said.

One White House official denied that a third of the stockpile went to Kushner’s initiative, but declined to provide details.

The team of volunteers focused on PPE had trouble developing manufacturer relationships and making inroads with brokers, in part because they were using personal email accounts, rather than official government email addresses, the House Oversight Committee complaint states. Three senior administration officials confirmed the volunteers’ use of personal email addresses.

In addition to the already challenging circumstances, the complaint also says that on some of the teams, “minimal attempts at social distancing are taken.”

Jordan Libowitz, a spokesman for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said that the volunteers should be classified as “special government employees” and that the arrangement raises myriad concerns.

https://twitter.com/gregpmiller/stat...139181569?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I'd like to think such gross negligence in this case would ensure they were removed frankly.
    It sounds like the UK could use a totally brand new, should I call it, political party? Since the choice between the side lead by Corbyn and the side led by Johnson appear to be equally disliked.

Just an outsiders view, I might be completely wrong.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It sounds like the UK could use a totally brand new, should I call it, political party? Since the choice between the side lead by Corbyn and the side led by Johnson appear to be equally disliked.

Just an outsiders view, I might be completely wrong.
    Well for one Corbyn isnt in charge of anything, he's an MP still afaik but thats it.

Secondly Labour (much like the most misanthropic view on the Democrats) is still better then the Tories on the basis of not being pro death (Food Banks are great, Austerity works, etc)

Thirdly our third party are also scum, Liberal Democrats have no love from anyone due to selling out to the Tories for a 5p plastic bag tax. They claim they held back the worst elements of the Tories but in reality its mostly hokum. Also their former leader during the Gen Election voted for more conservative policies then 80% of the Conservatives.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Why "building bridges" to Trump supporters will not work:

President Donald Trump’s job rating has ticked down again amid a sense he changes what he says about the coronavirus from day to day. In fact, many Americans characterize some of the president’s treatment and prevention advice as harmful, although Republicans continue to side with him even when major media outlets – including Fox News – differ on the facts.
    https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_us_050520/
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Look at these assholes, just hassling a poor guy for doing his job.

A Texas park ranger was pushed into a lake after asking a group to adhere to social distancing rules

Murphy is sticking to his guns, even though some in government are pushing reopening. I agree with Gov Murphy, NJ isn't ready yet. Maybe some areas in the south or North-west that haven't been hard hit, but here in the North and along the beltway/NJ Turnpike corridor between NYC and Philadelphia, those areas are too densely populated and are still at risk.
    There’s no timetable to reopen from N.J. coronavirus lockdowns, ‘whether you like that or not,’ Gov. Murphy says

Yep, I knew it.

A fired-up Gov. Phil Murphy insisted Tuesday that more progress needs to be made in New Jersey’s battle against the coronavirus pandemic before the state lifts additional restrictions and reopens nonessential businesses, regardless of those lobbying for a faster plan as Memorial Day nears.
    While hundreds of thousands of residents file for unemployment — with many struggling to get help from the state — and countless closed businesses continue to lose revenue, Murphy said he doesn’t have a “magic date" or a timeline for removing more of the near-lockdown restrictions that have been in place for more than seven weeks.

The governor stressed that without a vaccine or significant treatment, social distancing continues to be the best tool to fight COVID-19 and save lives.

“I’m sorry we can’t give you more definitive guidance yet,” Murphy said during his daily coronavirus press briefing in Trenton. “We still have people getting sick, going to the hospitals, and sadly more than 300 we’re reporting (today) have died. So with all due respect, this is the fight of our lives.”
    ----

Coronavirus patients in N.J. hospitals down 36% since peak 3 weeks ago

Hospitalizations from the coronavirus in New Jersey — a figure officials say is key to how quickly the state reopens — have dropped 36% since peaking three weeks ago, according to the latest numbers released by the state.

As of 10 p.m. Monday, there were 5,328 patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases across the state’s 71 hospitals, the data from the state Department of health shows.

That’s a 2,965-patient decrease from a peak of 8,293 on April 14. And it’s the lowest hospitalizations have been since The state started tracking them April 4.

State Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli said Monday the numbers are on a “steady decline,” even though they remain in the thousands and despite deaths and cases continuing to rise each day in the state of 9 million residents.

On Saturday, Persichilli said some hospitals in the state are moving from crisis mode to more standard operations.

Of the patients hospitalized Monday night, 1,534 were in critical or intensive care and 1,169 were on ventilators. The state is using 37.6% of its ventilator capacity.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.