Page 122 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 22721121181191201211221231241251261321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 75153

7 people got shot at a protest rally in Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    On a religious level, you have to wonder why these people don't take note when we are hit by plagues (like 100,000 Americans dead in a national pandemic) or other misfortunes (like Great Recessions and record deficits and unemployment) while Republicans are in office.

It's almost as if both signs from "heaven" and scientific realitities on earth matter less to them than the color of their fellow man's skin.
    To at least some of them, those things are the fault of liberals and it disporportionately affects liberals. Just look at the way people already talk about how 'red states are less affected' and so on. I've seen folks talk about it that way, dead serious. The plague is the 'great lib killer'. These same people probably whined about 'boomer doomer'.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-29-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Race riots, collusion with a foreign government, ignored a pandemic.

If Trump wins reelection, I smell a dictatorship in the making.

Please America ... figure it out ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Twitter just flagged Trump again.

LOL.

The POTUS has no clothes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Race riots, collusion with a foreign government, ignored a pandemic.

If Trump wins reelection, I smell a dictatorship in the making.

Please America ... figure it out ...
    He’ll probably still win because you know...America.

That first one may be the thing that helps him to victory. Trump and his cult thrive on hate, fear, and division.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He’ll probably still win because you know...America.

That first one may be the thing that helps him to victory. Trump and his cult thrive on hate, fear, and division.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    7 people got shot at a protest rally in Louisville
    "Why didnt they just peacefully protest"

Thats why. Because they get killed anyway.

I also keep seeing "The looting was started by an undercover police officer" wheres the confirmation of this ? Its not that I dont believe it but I'd feel more comfortable talking about it if I knew it for sure.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Protests Erupt Nationwide Over Death Of George Floyd In Minneapolis

Demonstrations across the country grew increasingly tense as people expressed their pain over the death of a Black man who was pinned down by a white officer.

Trump Calls George Floyd Protestors ‘THUGS,’ Threatens Violent Intervention In Minneapolis

“When the looting starts, the shooting starts,” the president wrote, as Minneapolis erupted for a third straight day. The President of the United States openly threatened violence. Sit back and let that marinate, folks. By the way, Twitter slapped his wrist over that....

Twitter Places ‘Glorifying Violence’ Warning On Donald Trump’s Tweet About George Floyd

Don Lemon Lets Trump Have It On George Floyd: ‘That’s How Black People Feel’

“No one wants to hear from the Birther-in-Chief,” the CNN host says.

Fraternal Order Of Police Condemns Police Killing Of George Floyd

“I can’t breathe,” George Floyd repeated to the Minneapolis cop prior to his death.

George Floyd’s Death Resurfaces Amy Klobuchar’s Tough-On-Crime, Easy-On-Cops Record

Joe Biden won the support of black voters. Picking Klobuchar as his running mate could unravel that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Protests are fine. I can even understand fighting back against the police who are trying to disperse peaceful protests. But looting is not okay. How is looting a Target or other stores going to help/ How is setting fire to a pawn shop or auto parts store something that hurts a business owner, puts people out of work and hurts the community over all going to get justice for Floyd and his family?
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-29-2020 at 02:37 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "Why didnt they just peacefully protest"

Thats why. Because they get killed anyway.

I also keep seeing "The looting was started by an undercover police officer" wheres the confirmation of this ? Its not that I dont believe it but I'd feel more comfortable talking about it if I knew it for sure.
    If you're talking about the video that's out there, it's kind of hard to say "Started..." based on it.

If anything, it's going in the opposite direction at the close of the video I've seen.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Protests are fine. I can even understand fighting back against the police who are trying to disperse peaceful protests. But looting is not okay. How is looting a Target or other stores going to get justice for Floyd and his family?
    Nope. You can't justify looting and burning the stores that had nothing to do with police brutality. They are no different than the white lynch mobs who rioted and burned the homes and shops owned by black people about a hundred years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_race_riot_of_1919

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_race_riot_of_1919

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    Nope. You can't justify looting and burning the stores that had nothing to do with police brutality. They are no different than the white lynch mobs who rioted and burned the homes and shops owned by black people about a hundred years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_race_riot_of_1919

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_race_riot_of_1919

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre
    If peaceful protests get you **** then violence may.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If peaceful protests get you **** then violence may.
    peaceful protests worked for Gandhi. The price was costly but the Indians gained independence.

peaceful protests worked for Gandhi. The price was costly but the Indians gained independence.
    You say that but there were so many caveats its kind of meaningless

https://***************.com/the-forg...ial-rule-57904

The popular view of India’s journey to independence from British rule is the famous story of Mohandas Gandhi’s extraordinary campaign of non-violent protest. It is a heritage still marked today during international state visits.
    But there was another, often forgotten – and much less peaceful – side to the struggle for Indian independence.
    British colonial rule in India had been established through a series of wars fought across the subcontinent from the mid-18th century onwards. It was bloody and gradual, and rested on a thin foundation of coercion and military dominance.
    This was made painfully clear by the uprising of 1857, in which a series of rebellions erupted across northern India, seriously undermining imperial confidence. Although the mutiny was crushed, the memory of it continued to inspire generations of Indian anti-colonialists, who would later refer to it as the First War of Independence.
    Not endorsing violence. Just pointing out that the mythmaking around both MLK and Ghandi necessarily ignores the violence that was occurring elsewhere.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-29-2020 at 03:18 AM.