I recall Pelosi negotiat with Mnuchin, but no Bill the GOP Senate would approve came out. Could be wrong..
    So could someone provide a link to this Bill that would have passed both Houses?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Wrong, Biden's been getting everything in gear so he can hit the ground running when he becomes president. Biden's not governing like Trump is, he's not going to sabotage efforts to stop the pandemic and sit and do nothing while people die. It is a glimmer of hope. Biden is not Trump. America did have a nation plan for a pandemic, created by the Obama administration - Trump disbanded it when he moved in. Have you been paying attention to what Biden's bene doing during the transition?
    The pandemic isn't the only issue though, there's huge economic consequences too. And I'm very well aware of what Trump did. I'm just saying they still haven't had a plan for the huge numbers of evictions and unemployment.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...247584440.html

Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin accepted $314,727 under the Paycheck Protection Program, a federal coronavirus relief program, records show.

Three months later, she wrote an op-ed published in newspapers across the state criticizing those “who advocate socialized medicine, unearned income, and other handouts ... that foster dependency.”

The money was offered to employers under the $2.2 trillion coronavirus aid bill passed by Congress in March. PPP was an emergency program aimed at keeping workers on the job at taxpayer expense at a time when revenue for many employers had collapsed. The money was provided as loans to be forgiven if the recipients showed that most of it was spent on payroll.
    Oh WBE-Eeeeeee.....

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

missjabali-1607132762512.jpg Ahem....It's not the term "Defund the police" that many liberals don't like. It's the thought of actually letting go of the fear of Black liberation and the demonization of Black people that prop up our police state that people are averse to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I recall Pelosi negotiat with Mnuchin, but no Bill the GOP Senate would approve came out. Could be wrong..
    So could someone provide a link to this Bill that would have passed both Houses?
    Politely, you are recalling this incorrectly...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/polit...ntv/index.html

Pelosi defends rejecting White House's stimulus proposal: Americans' 'needs are not addressed in the President's proposal'
    If you and I are negotiating something and I reject your offer?

Where it would have gone after that is a non-issue. I am the one who derailed things.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You had a better bill on the table that Trump proposed, for all his faults and she died on the hill that it wasn't good enough and now she wants to argue for a bill that is less than 60% that bill's value. On top of that, most of the country is labor and they will see next to nothing from this bill. There will be no stimulus and the unemployed will see their benefits from the last bill halved. So it's literally not helping the majority of the workforce whatsoever. It's a handout to businesses with a liability shield and nothing more.

You don't get to hold out on better deals screaming it wasn't enough for months and then when you finally win your election and are about to be in power in less than two months accept a piece of garbage that was worse than something you found unacceptable not too long ago and then cry that the Republicans are holding you up. You waited this long already and now you are going to cave and give people nothing so that when you take power everyone can throw their hands up and say "oh well we just passed something so there is no political capital or need to go into heavy negotiations again.

At this point you have more leverage and you are accepting less. You don't get a pass anymore.
    What you don't get a pass for is that you are going to make two garbage calls in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, you are recalling this incorrectly...

If you and I are negotiating something and I reject your offer?

Where it would have gone after that is a non-issue. I am the one who derailed things.
    They've been negotiating for months. Rejecting an offer is absolutely part of negotiating. What the hell.

I recall McConnell said he would only pass a smaller targeted bill.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Here's the deal, at the end of the day this is going to very likely be the last/only stimulus the rest of the pandemic. Once it's passed, there will not be a rush to pass another one and Republicans are going to budget hawk and block it because they got what they mostly wanted. So settling now is not a long game strategy. It's a "let's use the cover of a Republican President and Senate get something mediocre done now so that when we have power we won't be on the hook for it". It's a blame game thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    They've been negotiating for months. Rejecting an offer is absolutely part of negotiating. What the hell.
    That will ensure that John/Jane Public get zero help.

That goes double for when you do it right before an election talking about the better deal that you will later make, only to just throw your hands up and say "Well, Let's Take This Garbage..." after you face plant in said election.

Extraordinary Member

McConnell wasn't going to stonewall a bill Trump wanted that was going to get passed and risk the backlash

Which is a non-issue if you have already turned down putting a different deal on the table for him to refuse to address.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    McConnell wasn't going to stonewall a bill Trump wanted that was going to get passed and risk the backlash
    It's pretty simple.

The Democratic Party took the closest thing to actual leverage it has seen, and said "Nah, We're Good..."

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    missjabali-1607132762512.jpg Ahem....It's not the term "Defund the police" that many liberals don't like. It's the thought of actually letting go of the fear of Black liberation and the demonization of Black people that prop up our police state that people are averse to.
    I don’t know about that. Most Dems agree that the police concept needs reform. But the phrase “Defund the police” sounds like “get rid of policing,” to a lot of people. Most people police as a needed institution. To me this whole debate is inexplicably linked to the whole gun debate. Can you really have a minimally armed police force in the most heavily armed country in the world. Sure most gun owners are law abiding citizens, but but not all of them are, and you can’t have a situation where criminals are better armed then the people paid to stop them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The pandemic isn't the only issue though, there's huge economic consequences too. And I'm very well aware of what Trump did. I'm just saying they still haven't had a plan for the huge numbers of evictions and unemployment.
    Then why are you acting like Biden will be the same as Trump? Did you see what's in Biden's plan for the stimulus bill? Student loan forgiveness, making the vaccine free, extending unemployment insurance and increasing social security payments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/what...ulus-bill.html
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-04-2020 at 08:05 PM.