Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-rep...100008615.html

Another bill sent into the oblivion of Mitch McConnel's do-nothing GOP senate.
    If any big investment firms or wealthy constituents stand to profit Mitch will likely have a change of heart.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-07-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The left: We need to prevent homelessness & hunger, end state violence & ensure a functioning democracy.

The right: COVID isn’t real, Trump won, he’s taking down an elitist satanic pedophile ring & we’ll die for him

“Centrists”: The extremism on both sides is out of control!

That's how some people sound on social media lol
    I am more in the middle category there but I have to say the left's loonies have been very quiet the last 4 years.

Conservative America needs help. It has lost the way.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-07-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I am more in the middle category there but I have to say the left's loonies have been very quiet the last 4 years.

Conservative America needs help. It has lost the way.
    Conservative America is a lost cause in my opinion.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Conservative America is a lost cause in my opinion.
    I think you are sadly correct.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The left: We need to prevent homelessness & hunger, end state violence & ensure a functioning democracy.

The right: COVID isn’t real, Trump won, he’s taking down an elitist satanic pedophile ring & we’ll die for him

“Centrists”: The extremism on both sides is out of control!
    I am more in the middle category there
    What are you against on the left side? Like, how are you in the middle on any of those things? That makes you a bad guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What are you against on the left side? Like, how are you in the middle on any of those things? That makes you a bad guy!
    I meant in general, I would be considered by most a centrist. Not with those specific issues!

I was more pointing out how looney the right is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It might have worked out better for them if they had, considering how every state referendum on marijuana legalization passed in last month's election.
    Most states have legalized medical marijuana, although not recreational marijuana. Some of them decriminalized marijuana.

the Only states that do not legalize medical marijuana are Idaho and Nebraska. However, the marijuana was decriminalized in Nebraska but still remains illegal in Nebraska.

A handful of states have legalized recreational marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Legalizing Marijuana is a winning agenda. So is raising the minimum wage.
    Legalizing Marijuana won't be won unless it's reached the federal level.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 12-07-2020 at 02:17 PM.

I meant in general, I would be considered by most a centrist. Not with those specific issues!

I was more pointing out how looney the right is now.
    Ah, I gotcha.

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. more vaccine doses.

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its Covid-19 vaccine, according to people familiar with the matter. Now Pfizer may not be able provide more of its vaccine to the United States until next June because of its commitments to other countries, they said.

As the administration scrambles to try to purchase more doses of the vaccine, President Trump plans on Tuesday to sign an executive order “to ensure that United States government prioritizes getting the vaccine to American citizens before sending it to other nations,” according to a draft statement and a White House official, though it was not immediately clear what force the president’s executive order would carry.
    Any way he can f*@k things up and kill more people he does it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Most states have legalized medical marijuana, although not recreational marijuana. Some of them decriminalized marijuana.

the Only states that do not legalize medical marijuana are Idaho and Nebraska. However, the marijuana was decriminalized in Nebraska but still remains illegal in Nebraska.

A handful of states have legalized recreational marijuana.

Legalizing Marijuana won't be won unless it's reached the federal level.
    A handful legalized this past election. Apparently the number of states that have legalized recreational marijuana is now up to 15, and as you say, almost every one has legalized medical marijuana. It seems relatively clear it will likely become legalized on the national level within a decade, two at most.

Honestly, for all of the moral hand-wringing that gets done, especially about how "it's a gateway drug," which I was embarrassed to see a congressman from my state arguing when the House passed it recently, I think the real practical concerns are what to do about all of the people who are still in jail or who have criminal records for something that is now illegal -- thus far, I think the states that have legalized have opted to clear those convictions? Haven't really looked at it closely -- then, something that was just mentioned in that other thread, which I hadn't even considered; are businesses still allowed to prohibit the use of it, completely?

That you're not wasted at work, I'd think it obvious you could be fired for that, but currently, it's not like you can lose your job if it's proven you were drinking beer over the weekend. If pot is legal nationally, does drug testing for having used it have to go away, too?

There are probably other practical concerns too, like I don't think there is a breathalizer test or whatever, for being high? As far as that tho, like with work, it's already been illegal to drive while impaired, so ... follow those guidelines, I guess? You can't be busted just if you smell like pot or whatever, but you can if you can't pass some kind of sobriety test?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

"centrists" may just be rich people who will be fine either way....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    "centrists" may just be rich people who will be fine either way....
    This is the problem with distilling political ideology by class, anyone you don't like is reduced to being rich = bad. When the political spectrum knows no class, by this logic every Republican is a millionaire.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Must not have been able to see an adequate graft on the deal.

Intermediary

Rebekah Jones had her house raided by FL authorities

they seized her computer and all her data

Jones is the person who exposed that Ron DeSantis was trying to keep COVID numbers low or misreport them

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Rebekah Jones had her house raided by FL authorities

they seized her computer and all her data

Jones is the person who exposed that Ron DeSantis was trying to keep COVID numbers low or misreport them
    I saw on Twitter. Question is did they have a valid search warrant that included taking her tech? If not, the Gov of FL is going to be in a world of hurt once this goes to trial.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.