Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think it's more likely he just stays in Mar-A-Lago past the Holidays and never returns to the White House.
    Considering his insane behavior so far, I would not be the least bit surprised if he gets himself to somewhere that has no extradition with the United States and does so while he cannot be prevented from going because he still is officially the President.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Considering his insane behavior so far, I would not be the least bit surprised if he gets himself to somewhere that has no extradition with the United States and does so while he cannot be prevented from going because he still is officially the President.
    He can't as President, too much Security around him. He can do it on January 21st.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Krystal don't need to parrot toxic narratives to divide the democratic party. They do that themselves.
    We saw it with Bernie. The left cannibalizes itself like an ouroboros, never content with 'good' in it's pursuit of 'perfect'. And, on the one hand, as a leftie myself, I get it. I'm tired of wealthy old white men (and the occasional woman) - who are clearly more classic conservatives, as opposed the the ignorant, violent, hateful reactionaries running the party that claims to represent 'conservatism' - claiming they care about the rest of us while they take in money from donors and party in Napa or Maui while the rest of us worry about rent, food and medical expenses during the quarantine. I would LOVE to see a GENUINELY leftist movement that pushes for progress, regardless of whether the minority of old, white voters gets on board or not.

But the REALITY is, that no matter how much I want progress NOW, and am tired of catering to conservative fears of and anger at the unknown, I understand that progress is slow. Look how long it took to give women the right to vote. Or hold down jobs. Or get a bank account. Look at how we are STILL struggling with race issues, and queer issues. It SUCKS that progress can only move as quickly as the slowest of us, but barring a catastrophe that wipes out the stragglers and lets the rest of us move forward without those albatrosses around our neck, we have to accept that progress will never happen as fast as we want. But we have to work within the rules of reality as they are, not as we want them to be.

Edit: To be CLEAR, I am nor in any way, shape or form calling for violence against those I disagree with, politically. Except Nazis and their supporters and apologists. They can get punched repeatedly until they go back under the rocks they crawled out of thanks to the Trump admin giving them the illusion of legitimacy. But that's not a political opinion difference, that's a values conflict; As in, I HAVE values and those values allow me to empathize with people, and Nazis, inherently, have zero values other than 'eradicate everyone but cishet, white Christians'. And therefore, they have zero value to society, and deserve to be punched.

Repeatedly.
    Last edited by zinderel; 12-09-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He can't as President, too much Security around him. He can do it on January 21st.
    Still has to ditch a secret service detail. That's not as easy as Guarding Tess made it look.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except in the past you've defended Rob Ford, the conservative Canadian Trump and made statements that the neoconservatives in America are fine people. The Progressive Conservative party in Canada is on the right wing side of politics, not the left.

And your arguments ignores the fact that it's not just about science with trans women, it's that they have the right to be accepted as women in society.
    I have also condemned Trump on several cases for being a fruitloop: Because he is.
    I have also condemned him on several cases for being a racist: Because he is.

In regards to Canadian conservatives I described Jason Kenney as an idiot, and the far right populist in Quebec as a fruitloop.

In regards to Rob Ford and moderate Republicans, I can reach across the aisle and have decent debate and dialogue with them, though we don't agree we can be civil. Only political extremists view the other side as the enemy.

I am pro trans rights, accept when it starts to deny general consensus on scientific evidence that could trample on someone else's rights. , (ie; Trans right to competing with biological women in combat sports)

Both the far right and left engage in science denial because it inhibits them from carrying out there extreme ideologies, I take on both.

I’m not going to dig up the post about 9 out of 10 Centrists just being conservatives, but...

Never mind, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Do I have to share the image from yesterday again? 9 times out of 10 when someone says neither left nor right...they are right.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9699431.html

Men who refer to themselves as 'moderate' or 'centrist' score basically the same on values and opinions as people who identify themselves as 'conservative'

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I believe we went through this before. It ended up being shut down when the only fraud the GOP could find was their own.
    It would make sense. They cheated so hard and still lost, so they're convinced that we were cheating harder.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Still has to ditch a secret service detail. That's not as easy as Guarding Tess made it look.
    Actually, that's gotta be like hell for Trump. Almost like being in prison, having people follow you around who are not loyal to you. People who might see you do things that you don't want anyone to know about. People looking over your shoulder, watching you. The US SS are no fans of Trump, but they will do their job. Which means keeping him under wraps tighter than a Ming Vase in bubble wrap.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It’s amazing how the party that openly tried to damage the voting is accusing the other side of cheating.

Like, you fucking publicly hindered the USPS because you knew there’d be excess mail in votes. But oh yeah, it was the dems who cheated.

Meanwhile, the reality is they can’t accept the loss because they cheated to win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Krystal don't need to parrot toxic narratives to divide the democratic party. They do that themselves.
    There’s receipts on everything she said. Democrats being fragile and crying at any criticism is so tired

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It’s amazing how the party that openly tried to damage the voting is accusing the other side of cheating.

Like, you fucking publicly hindered the USPS because you knew there’d be excess mail in votes. But oh yeah, it was the dems who cheated.

Meanwhile, the reality is they can’t accept the loss because they cheated to win.
    Right? And how long have they been apoplectic about "Activist judges" for things like equality protections. But, now they are DEMANDING for judges to be activist and just toss out millions of votes(from minorities) in multiple states wholesale while providing NO reason, no evidence.

And my dumbass Republican leadership in Texas playing right along with the lawsuit against the other states.

Mighty Member

I’m not going to dig up the post about 9 out of 10 Centrists just being conservatives, but...

Never mind, here it is:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9699431.html
    I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I call bullshit.
    I concur.

I am firmly in the middle but every AMERICAN test says I am squarely left.

The middle looks really radically liberal to the current AMERICAN conservative right now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

This is so 100% true right now.

"We cheated! We paid for it! So they must've cheated harder!"

LOL!

No, there's just more Americans that can't stand your bullshit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This is so 100% true right now.

"We cheated! We paid for it! So they must've cheated harder!"

LOL!

No, there's just more Americans that can't stand your bullshit.
    I hope Georgia voters are motivated to get out and vote Ossoff and Warnick because of this bs.

Loeffler, Perdue side with Texas lawsuit that Georgia AG says is ‘wrong’

I mean they are literally cheering on another state suing them saying they are incompetent and can't handle their own elections laws because of trump.

I would love for this to be what makes them lose.

Reality is though they have a huge chance of winning both seats its still Georgia and its still a non presidential election.