Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yet people in this very thread act like it was all over. That Biden's victory is a foregone conclusion. I do wonder though were the usual Donny followers are? Have they nothing to say about this? Or are they waiting for the coup to show their true colors?

Hard to claim it's "just the lunatic fringe" of the party when 106 of them have done it. Including the House Minority Whip, Steve Scalise, and Chair of the GOP House Policy Committee, Gary Palmer. Even bland lifers in the GOP leadership like Cathy McMorris-Rodgers signed.

The reason? They know it'll fail. But they don't want to lose Trump-supporting voters or give the image that they "did nothing" to help Trump's coup. That's it. They know it won't succeed, but they want to con the dupes into still voting for them AFTER Trump.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

I asked this before Mets and now I will ask you again. Do you think the democrats would go this far if the situation was reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Hard to claim it's "just the lunatic fringe" of the party when 106 of them have done it. Including the House Minority Whip, Steve Scalise, and Chair of the GOP House Policy Committee, Gary Palmer. Even bland lifers in the GOP leadership like Cathy McMorris-Rodgers signed.

The reason? They know it'll fail. But they don't want to lose Trump-supporting voters or give the image that they "did nothing" to help Trump's coup. That's it. They know it won't succeed, but they want to con the dupes into still voting for them AFTER Trump.
    All I see are 106 districts that have been gerrymandered so much that these mooks think they can do anything and get away with it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I asked this before Mets and now I will ask you again. Do you think the democrats would go this far if the situation was reversed?
    Callback 2016, Democrats firmly believed that Trump's win was tied to Russian interference and that it wasn't legit. However, at no time did they, we, stop Trump from taking the oath of office. There were protests, peaceful protests, but no one tried to prevent trump from becoming president.

Clinton, as much as she felt that something was wrong with the election, quickly conceded the election and accepted the results.

Compare 2016 with what is going on now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Haven't we already seen the proof that they wouldn't?

I mean, for God's sake, Obama knew that Russia was helping get Trump elected. We know that his people reached out to Putin's people. And the Democrats still didn't pull this kind of ****.

Callback 2016, Democrats firmly believed that Trump's win was tied to Russian interference and that it wasn't legit. However, at no time did they, we, stop Trump from taking the oath of office. There were protests, peaceful protests, but no one tried to prevent trump from becoming president.

Clinton, as much as she felt that something was wrong with the election, quickly conceded the election and accepted the results.

Compare 2016 with what is going on now.
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

We already know what the Democrats did, as difficult as it was to accept an election that WAS clearly tainted by foreign interference. This one, the intelligence community is reporting was the most secure potentially in history, and the GOP are crying foul.

It's almost as if... I dunno... both parties aren't the same. *shrugs*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

It would be nice if the lot of them could be ejected from Congress, but I'd like to at least see none of these 106 traitors being allowed a seat on ANY committee.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly that. It’s all about keeping the Trumpanzees fat, dumb and happy after their leader is evicted from the White House.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Open Boarders. We've always had open boarders. That's how a country that is 99% immigrant works. It's not a "liberal opinion" to have open boarders so much as it's a Conservative opinion that they, for once, shouldn't be. I'm not defending how the country operates because some people think it should be different now that open racism is chill.

Reparations are never happening, so why even talk about it? I don't know the last time I honestly heard a "liberal" talk about reparations seriously. This is just nonsense, dude.

All Cops Are Bastards... This is not a liberal belief. It just isn't. Spray painting **** on walls after protests doesn't make something a political belief. More conservative boogeyman hogwash.
    These are the subjects I disagree with.

Open borders is not popular outside the left, liberals in the Democratic party don't believe in this and are not conservative. "Open borders" in this context is to have no government obstacles in immigration, like the border patrol. Everyone is welcome. I disagree with it but it is a thing.

Reparations is popular in the black community, and there is more optimism on this in the left circles than liberals.

That's a political statement and is naturally more popular among marginalised groups, who don't trust the police and many have good reasons for this. This is partially why the Black Panthers were formed, the Panthers filled in to protect black neighbourhoods the police wouldn't or the police were just another gang rather than acting like law enforcement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    https://www.aspeninstitute.org/blog-...a-are-at-risk/

All the public services are on the chopping block *except* police. It’s a neoliberal dystopia. They engineer poverty & social unrest & then rely on police violence to maintain control. I fear an economic catastrophe will happen when all of these people get evicted. This is horrifying, not only because that many people are at risk of eviction, but also because eviction is not a one-and-done situation. most people won’t be able to find adequate, safe, and stable housing for YEARS after this because of how evictions follow you.
    So you are going to ignore the link I gave you days ago about the Democrats fighting this and not a word of complaint about Republicans not giving an inch on anything with the stimulus bill.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Watching Joy Reid & still blown Biden essentially told Black civil rights leaders he has better sense than they do of what impacts Black turnout in GA. This should be reminder to all that there must be constant challenging & pushing back on this admin, not carrying water for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    So you are going to ignore the link I gave you days ago about the Democrats fighting this and not a word of complaint about Republicans not giving an inch on anything with the stimulus bill.
    I'm not giving Dems a pass just cause they're not Republicans. There's also a lot of question marks regarding Biden's plan, and who qualify for what.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 12-10-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    These are the subjects I disagree with.

Open borders is not popular outside the left, liberals in the Democratic party don't believe in this and are not conservative. "Open borders" in this context is to have no government obstacles in immigration, like the border patrol. Everyone is welcome. I disagree with it but it is a thing.
    Well I guess the idea of no government obstacles to immigration is news to me. I stand corrected.

The other two, I’m aware of what they are and who supports them. I’m saying they aren’t just non conservative ideals or values.

Signing amicus briefs that won't go anywhere? Sure.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Well, the left didn't like the idea of Secretary of State as an elected position.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets