Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

TIME Magazine’s 2020 Person of the Year Awarded to
    Joe Biden And Kamala Harris!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Watching Joy Reid & still blown Biden essentially told Black civil rights leaders he has better sense than they do of what impacts Black turnout in GA. This should be reminder to all that there must be constant challenging & pushing back on this admin, not carrying water for it.
    Here's the thing, in a vacuum that's honestly a good angle to criticise Democrats on. However, it's being used as a justification to take the Democrats down at all costs, and make sure they don't have the slightest credit for doing things which make sense. You may not agree with them, but they're acting on logic and facts, not feelings. This is why when I bought up about the "Defund the police" was polling badly up it was ignored. Challenging is fine except that becomes worthless when it appears even if they did do what you asked its be dismissed and something else would be the problem which must define Democrats as evil incarnate. This isn't constructive criticism, this is lashing out that the politician who won the primaries wasn't a leftist - the man who failed to be at the anniversary of Bloody Sunday but that's ok since he marched with Martin Luther King once.

I'm not giving Dems a pass just cause they're not Republicans. There's also a lot of question marks regarding Biden's plan, and who qualify for what.
    Nobody's asking you too. You're not asking questions, you attacking because Biden's not a leftist and pretending the Republicans aren't in the room.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    TIME Magazine’s 2020 Person of the Year Awarded to
    Joe Biden And Kamala Harris!

That's sure to drive Trump apeshit insane. I approve!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Signing amicus briefs that won't go anywhere? Sure.
    Something something no decency something something.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's sure to drive Trump apeshit insane. I approve!
    A conservative friend of mine tweeted a comment [paraphrasing in more polite terms] about this Time Magazine Cover show that the Media is going to be, how shoudl I say, worshiping Biden and Harris.

I responded by pointing out that most presidents, Republican or Democrat, get a Time Magazine Cover of the Year, especially in their first year.

I figure that Trump didn't get one because, well, he already had a fake on of himself made up.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A Vile Website Doxxing Trump’s Enemies Has Caught the Eye of the FBI

Federal law enforcement authorities say they are aware of a website that sprang up over the weekend and began doxxing federal and state government officials at odds with Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.

The site, which appears to have been created on Sunday, contains the home addresses, pictures of homes, personal emails, and photos of state and local officials who have pushed back on or questioned the president’s legal campaign.
    The site was only online for a few days, and the identities of those responsible for it are not known. But archived versions of the site, and publicly available website registration data, show that the individual or individuals behind it used email addresses associated with a Russian email service provider and web hosting services based in the country. The possibility exists that the use of those addresses and hosting services were done to make it appear to be a Russian operation.

It’s Not Just Trump’s War on Democracy Anymore

This week, twenty-seven House Republicans asked the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel to investigate the election—the same number as House and Senate Republicans who, as the Post found in a survey, will publicly recognize Biden’s victory. Not only have both Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy refused to recognize his win; they both voted against a ceremonial motion of the committee organizing the January 20th handover of power to “notify the American people” of plans to inaugurate Biden. In the immediate aftermath of the election, McConnell said that Trump “has every right to look into allegations and request recounts under the law.” Now that Trump has lost the recounts and lost the lawsuits, now that the results have been certified and Trump is openly talking about overturning them, McConnell has been silent.

Montana's governor says his state did many of the things Texas said make an election illegal but Texas didn't sue them because Trump won, "underscoring, of course, that this is less about election integrity than it is about attempting to overturn the will of the electorate."
    Twitter Link

This is an intra-Montana split. The state's AG signed on to an amicus brief saying the election in GA, MI, PA and WI was unconstitutional because of alleged state law violations. The state's governor argues it wasn't and that this argument would invalidate Montana's election too.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-11-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Hey, remember when people were screaming at me in this forum that Tulsi wasn't anti LGBT?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Hey, remember when people were screaming at me in this forum that Tulsi wasn't anti LGBT?
    I remember that. Maybe they have trouble remembering because they're also squinting too hard in an effort to overlook her support of Bashar-al-Assad.

I dunno when she rebrands herself as a Republican, but it's coming.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I guess Trump is mixing himself up with Biden. His Administration has been the one plagued with insane scandals. Some small and some just beyond the **** insane comedy for how badly it went. I will laugh if Biden goes through his 1 term with no scandals except a dreamed one created by Trump .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you think the amicus briefs will change anything?

Will it encouraging the judges currently smacking down the Trump campaign lawyers to do anything differently?

The difference is that the media (I'll define this as everyone in the decision-making process behind a "disarray" news item) generally likes Democrats. They're worried about Democrats in disarray because the majority want Democrats to win.

They don't write about Republicans in disarray because they see it as a good thing.

It increases the chances of their preferred culturally left policy outcomes.
    The ... the media amplified stories about Sanders surrogates attacking Hillary and Biden because they wanted Democrats to win?

That is... ludicrous.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Well, ya know Mets, after what your party is pulling right now, I see no reason to hide or be ashamed of any liberal beliefs in public. At least we didn’t try to fucking destroy democracy and overturn an obviously fair election!
    But don't you see, attempted coups are harmless fun if they only have about a 5% chance of succeeding.

Hillary was right!