Christine Scott
    Welcome to what is the 941st original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Christine Scott, who was a 2020 candidate for U.S. House of Representatives in Florida’s 22nd Congressional District, looking to knock off Democratic Congressman Ted Deutch. Without irony, she responded to Ballotpedia’s candidate survey with the question “Who do you look up to?” as follows:

Now, liking what Donald Trump does on Twitter might seem a bit over the top, echoing Trump’s attacks on journalists is a concern, but note that at the end of that rambling mess of a statement, she transitions into delving into the Hunter Biden conspiracy theory seamlessly with the sort of pathological fanaticism that’s a hallmark of Trump Republicans. It’s not the only conspiracy theory she was a fan of, either, as Christine Scott was yet another Republican running for Congress in 2020 who was a Qanon supporter. It was pretty evident given she put the Qanon slogan out in the open on her campaign webpage.

Christine Scott was disqualified from the ballot prior to the Republican Primary for apparently failing to complete the proper paperwork or pay for fees necessary to register as a candidate. and has responded to that exactly as a sane person would, filing a lawsuit against everyone within the Florida state government.Those lawsuits will likely be as fruitful as her hero Trump’s challenges to the election. We hope she doesn’t make a second attempt at politics, and gets the help she clearly needs.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    One of the forgotten stories of the week is that the Trump administration is hosting in-person parties pretty much non-stop from now until Biden gets sworn in, ignoring social distancing and mask advice. One of them was last night at the White House, and guess what rained on the White House Christmas Party of 12/11 at around 9PM eastern? That Supreme Court ruling. While I find Maggie Haberman frequently dubious, in this instance...

"I don't WANNA come out. THEY ALL THINK I'm A LOSER!"

"Well, Donald, you ARE a loser."

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP"

"Also, the party was stupeeeed anyway. F*** CHREEESTMAS!"
    Yeah, that sounds like Trump having a one man pity party after his last chance to overturn the election by going to SCOTUS crashed and burned. I’m sure this has already been mentioned, but the Biden administration will need to have the White House fumigated and disinfected top to bottom before moving in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like Trump having a one man pity party after his last chance to overturn the election by going to SCOTUS crashed and burned. I’m sure this has already been mentioned, but the Biden administration will need to have the White House fumigated and disinfected top to bottom before moving in.
    And, credit to Seth Meyers for pointing out they'll need to set up glue traps for Stephen Miller.

And, credit to Seth Meyers for pointing out they'll need to set up glue traps for Stephen Miller.
    HA! That’s a good one!

I was thinking more along the lines of asking the Pope for some Holy Water, or an exorcism.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The funniest debate was learning from a Trump supporter that everyone turned on Donald Trump and its why he lost. That Barr and others turned on him and he has to fire them all. Like somehow unless your doing whatever he wants , then **** you. Its OVER. Lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well, now that we're starting to move past the election conspiracy theories Trump propagated, it's probably a good time to get back to talking about how he's f***ed the nation on his Covid-19 response and his ability to just simply purchase vaccines that we're now over 3,000 dead a day, and likely will remain at that number through the rest of the year.

Genocide, via sheer incompetence.

After the fact: the five ways Trump has tried to attack democracy post-election

The decisive rejection by the US supreme court of an attempt by one state, Texas, to throw out election results in four other states might prevent the recurrence of such an effort in future presidential elections.

But the Texas lawsuit was not the only unprecedented attack to be leveled on US democracy during the November presidential election, and other such efforts could escalate in, or echo through, future elections for an unknown time to come.

Historians could mark 2020 as the moment when Republicans applied the same zeal they have used to attack democracy in advance of elections, through voter suppression and gerrymandering, to attacking democracy on the back end, by trying to deny and overturn the results.

Here is a list of five post-election attacks on democracy by Donald Trump and Republicans that were new in 2020 but might haunt elections for years to come.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Well, now that we're starting to move past the election conspiracy theories Trump propagated, it's probably a good time to get back to talking about how he's f***ed the nation on his Covid-19 response and his ability to just simply purchase vaccines that we're now over 3,000 dead a day, and likely will remain at that number through the rest of the year.

Genocide, via sheer incompetence.
    If only, it's been malicious intent especially against Democrats and minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    If only, it's been malicious intent especially against Democrats and minorities.
    I don’t know about that...

The Donald seems to have done a pretty comprehensive job on infecting his own inner circle...I thought at one point he was aiming for an entry in the Guinness Book of Records as worlds most prolific super carrier.

If I hadn’t read this thread a lot over recent years I would have been amazed at the challenges the Donald has made to the election results.

Even as it is, I am surprised that he has managed to bring so many cases to court...a large majority of them have been fatuous. (I mean...how can any sane person genuinely think a postal vote is illegal? If there’s evidence of fraud then that’s different...but that would apply to any type of vote.)

Will any of the people who have brought cases they must have known have no legal merit pay a price? (Either in being disbarred or paying costs and heavy fines.)

I think it’s safe to say Democrats won’t sink to those depths to overturn a presidential election. Those sort of slimy shenanigans are exclusively the province of Republicans who are more than willing to lie, cheat and steal in order to win and maintain power. And don’t think the GOP won’t try any of those tactics if they come up short in a future election, and, without an imbecile like Trump running the show, they’re bound to do things better.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-12-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    If I hadn’t read this thread a lot over recent years I would have been amazed at the challenges the Donald has made to the election results.

Even as it is, I am surprised that he has managed to bring so many cases to court...a large majority of them have been fatuous. (I mean...how can any sane person genuinely think a postal vote is illegal? If there’s evidence of fraud then that’s different...but that would apply to any type of vote.)

Will any of the people who have brought cases they must have known have no legal merit pay a price? (Either in being disbarred or paying costs and heavy fines.)
    That could still happen, but probably not until after Trump is out of office. Otherwise it might be tainted as being too political.

Astonishing Member

I have an uncle that passed away last weekend, unrelated to COVID, but they can't bury him until January due to all the people dying from COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I have an uncle that passed away last weekend, unrelated to COVID, but they can't bury him until January due to all the people dying from COVID.
    Oh, man, so sorry for your loss and yeah that's messed up. Earlier this year my husband and I attended a virtual funeral done through Zoom.

This also reminds me of the problems with people with chronic or other illnesses or injuries that can't get proper medical attention because everyone is tied up with COVID patients, hospitals are filled up, and even Family Medical practices are being overwhelmed.

Hang in, let's hope the vaccine will put a dent in the COVID madness.