Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I have no doubt.
    My money is on whataboutism.
    Dark does not mean deep.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Cathrynn Brown, a former a board member of the anti-abortion association Right to Life of Carlsbad who first found her way into the New Mexico House of Representatives in the 2010 Tea Party Wave who in January 2013, submitted a bill that would punish any rape victim seeking an abortion with jail time on that they would be “tampering with evidence” from the crime. This, but only a few months after the downfall of Congressman Todd Akin, and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus pleading with his party members to please stop talking about rape. Brown tried chalking up the whole thing to a “misunderstanding” (yeah, a former board member of an anti-abortion group just ACCIDENTALLY did that) and then shelved her bill, scrubbing most of her social media profile and hoping everyone would forget she did such a thing when the 2014 elections rolled around, and she’d be able to be re-elected. It worked, and since, Brown has continued voting for abortion restrictions, sponsored stricter voter ID laws to combat the statistically non-existent problem of “voter fraud”, tried passing legislation to deny foreign nationals the ability to get drivers’ licenses, and even voted against minimum wage increases. In 2017, Brown showed she’s also terrible on LGBTQ rights, as she voted against a bill that banned gay conversion therapy in New Mexico.

She most recently has voted against expanding background checks on firearm purchases, and a bill that would require insurance companies to provide coverage that included paying for contraceptives for women. Brown is enough of an obstructionist that she even will vote against appropriates for Coronavirus relief for her own state.

Cathrynn Brown was re-elected to a sixth term in 2020 by the benefit of getting to run unopposed for the third straight election cycle. We’ll just have to keep hoping someone eventually challenges her and sends her off to a farm upstate for dim-witted Tea Party nitwits.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-14-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The way the EC votes have been counted and tallied today never gave Trump a "screen grab" moment to show he was in the lead at one point.

CA & HI are left so that moment is never coming for him this time.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I wonder if Mets is still going to brush this off?
    If he wins the cases in court, they can actually direct that the alternate slate of electors be certified.

This requires winning the cases in court.

It's kinda like saying that if Sony and Marvel agreed, I could direct a Spider-Man spinoff film next year. The conditions are not going to be met. I would not brush it off if I thought there was a possibility that the courts are going to take Trump's side.

I'm curious if you guys are concerned that the courts will agree with Stephen Miller here.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If he wins the cases in court, they can actually direct that the alternate slate of electors be certified.
    Based on what?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why was he not arrested?
    As the article says, "It was not immediately clear if the group's effort broke any state or federal laws. "

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Based on what?
    You left out very important parts of my post.

If Miller wins a case in which the court determines that the alternate slate of electors be certified, he can certify the alternate slate of electors.

I do not expect that any court will rule that way.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

This requires winning the cases in court.

It's kinda like saying that if Sony and Marvel agreed, I could direct a Spider-Man spinoff film next year. The conditions are not going to be met. I would not brush it off if I thought there was a possibility that the courts are going to take Trump's side.

I'm curious if you guys are concerned that the courts will agree with Stephen Miller here.
    Yeah...

This is like me getting excited because Santa is going to drop a Blade Charger off at my place.

I'm not going to ignore everything I know about the odds of that actually happening to discuss it on a level that is anything like "Even Remotely Serious..."

Astonishing Member

Joe Biden Wins Presidency in Electoral College Vote

Soon-to-be-ex-President Donald J. Trump will totally handle this in a dignified, graceful way, and not engage in a crazy series of tweets and concede the election after this!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The way the EC votes have been counted and tallied today never gave Trump a "screen grab" moment to show he was in the lead at one point.

CA & HI are left so that moment is never coming for him this time.
    CA just put Biden over the top.

Astonishing Member

Soon-to-be-ex President Donald Trump has tweeted out William Barr is resigning as Attorney General.

Trump just tweeted that Barr was leaving before Christmas. Bill Barr, did he run away or was he pushed out?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump just tweeted that Barr was leaving before Christmas. Bill Barr, did he run away or was he pushed out?
    A little of both?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Who cares, as long as he's gone.

Boisterously Confused

Barr was a dead man walking the instant he said there was no voter fraud. He knew it, but there was no principle in it (except self-preservation). Barr is prepping his "you have no idea of how much $*** I protected you from" narrative. Suitable for both John Birch Society paid speaking engagements and Nuremberg Trials. Probably won't work, but I'll bet that's what he's betting.

Of course, he was also betting there were enough nazis in the US to carry the EC.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Joe Biden Wins Presidency in Electoral College Vote

Soon-to-be-ex-President Donald J. Trump will totally handle this in a dignified, graceful way, and not engage in a crazy series of tweets and concede the election after this!

You practically fed me the line here.
    Watching television is not an activity.