Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    At the very least, the guy has zero problem handing a transphobe a bullhorn if he gets a buck out of it.
    Maher gave a platform to Milo Yiannapoulos. For years, he's welcomed Ann Coulter onto his show.

There's no responsibility from who he brings on in terms of pausing to think about who he's giving a microphone to, and if he's legitimizing them.

And in the end, he'll just shrug and say, "Why should I, I'm a comedian," to absolve himself of whoever he invites on, or whatever he says. And I'm not here for that. It's terrible punditry, and really not good political satire, either. He just fails at both.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I could give a **** about anything Bill Maher says. Way too intolerant of religious minorities and well... religion. To say nothing of transphobia.

I don't need him waving the banner for liberals when he's anything but.
    What is he saying that you disagree with?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What is he saying that you disagree with?
    Repeat: Religious intolerance. Transphobia. I didn't mention it earlier, but the racism, and dragging his "black friend" on to explain why it was okay for him to have used a racial slur on his show.

I've been done with Bill Maher for at least a decade. Those are some great reasons why.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Repeat: Religious intolerance. Transphobia. I didn't mention it earlier, but the racism, and dragging his "black friend" on to explain why it was okay for him to have used a racial slur on his show.

I've been done with Bill Maher for at least a decade. Those are some great reasons why.
    Maher's at the stage where whenever he talks he steps on a rake. It's embarrassing.

It feels like just a little while ago I was getting trashed for pointing out how awful Maher was.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Maher's at the stage where whenever he talks he steps on a rake. It's embarrassing.
    The fact that assclown remains relevant bothers me in more way than I can describe.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well...

https://chicago.chalkbeat.org/2020/1...eally-good-guy

Chicago schools needed computers. Then the mayor emailed about a ‘really good guy.’
    A campaign contributor to Mayor Lori Lightfoot landed a $1.6 million no-bid deal with Chicago Public Schools after the mayor personally vouched for him, then delivered computers that in some cases didn’t meet district purchasing standards or work for virtual learning.
    Mark Aistrope, the CEO of *********based Meeting Tomorrow, who contributed nearly $30,000 to Lightfoot’s mayoral bid, emailed the mayor in late March, saying his company could quickly provide tens of thousands of computers to the school district when it needed them most.

Early the next morning, Lightfoot wrote CPS CEO Janice Jackson to put in a good word.

“Mark is a really good guy,” Lightfoot wrote atop Aistrope’s email, which she forwarded to Jackson. “I met him during my campaign and he is truly genuine and very generous. If he can help you, he will.”

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The fact that assclown remains relevant bothers me in more way than I can describe.
    Man...

When you have plenty of folks still willing to go on his show or pull stuff like this?

The guy probably isn't going anywhere.

buT cAncEl CUlTURe

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    buT cAncEl CUlTURe
    Trump mentioned that very thing the other day after it had been announced that the Cleveland baseball team was dropping "Indians" as their nickname.

Even after the electoral college handed victory to Joe Biden on Monday, Trump still refuses to concede. His legal team and supporters already tried and every legal way to overturn the election loss. Doesn't he know to give up when it's clear that he lost?

"Only a fool fights in a burning house", -- Captain Kang from Star Trek The Original Series episode "Day of the Dove"

Several Republican leaders including Mitch McConnell already have acknowledged Biden's victory. Some of the Trump cabinet officials are already meeting with their Biden-appointed successors. Several White House staffers are already looking for new jobs somewhere else. Sources say that Jared and Ivanka had been advising him to admit defeat for weeks.

Rats are leaving the ship when it is sinking, it is not because they are cowardly but because they are wise. Only a fool fights on a sinking ship.

Trump may leave the White House but not leave politics. According to some inside sources, he intends to run for presidency in 2024.

Otto von Habsburg said, "Once you have tasted the opium of politics, you never get rid of it".

The president doesn't own the white house. He is only a tenant in the White House who is about to be vacated by the people who picked his successor.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-17-2020 at 05:54 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

If the Democrats do not win the Senate majority, President Biden may be forced to appoint cabinet secretaries preferred by the GOP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ss_party_lines

Most presidents appointed officials from opposing parties. Since the GOP held two-thirds of the U.S. Senate seats, a democratic president Andrew Johnson had no choice but to appoint Republicans to some cabinet posts including Attorney-General, Secretary of War and Secretary of the Interior. In fact, Johnson appointed two Republican attorney generals.

Dubya, a Republican president, appointed a democrat named Norman Mineta as the Transportation Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If the Democrats do not win the Senate majority, President Biden may be forced to appoint cabinet secretaries preferred by the GOP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ss_party_lines

Most presidents appointed officials from opposing parties. Since the GOP held two-thirds of the U.S. Senate seats, a democratic president Andrew Johnson had no choice but to appoint Republicans to some cabinet posts including Attorney-General, Secretary of War and Secretary of the Interior. In fact, Johnson appointed two Republican attorney generals.

Dubya, a Republican president, appointed a democrat named Norman Mineta as the Transportation Secretary.
    In today’s hyper partisan climate, that would be the functional equivalent of putting foxes in the henhouse.