Page 13 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I like the logic the administration has in dismantling the task force around Memorial Day, as if this virus is going away for good just cause it's warm and sunny during the summer.

From a historical perspective, the 1918 winter was far more devastating than 1917 when it came to the Spanish flu pandemic. You need to remain aggressive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Why "building bridges" to Trump supporters will not work:

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_us_050520/
    This is why the GOP never has to yield, and the Democrats always do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I can't believe the nuttiness in Venezuela made barely a blip. A 62 man group enters Venezuela, amongst them two green berets, with intent to oust Maduro and they just.... tweet it out to Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/venturecommunis/...321500161?s=21

It didn't work. Venezuela captures most of them.
    US tries to otherthrow foreign government. Film at 11.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I read the Guardian article.

It didn’t cite any specific instances where Boris ignored the advice of the government’s OWN chief scientific advisers. Of course..some other scientists would have given different advice.

The basic point I was making is that the governments chief scientific advisors generally are civil service appointments, not political appointments...the advice they gave would have been the same regardless of whichever political party was in power.

The death count across Europe isn’t finalised yet...alas...and the stats are prepared on different criteria from country to country. If UK’s do end up the worst...then, of course, I will accept that crisis has been poorly managed in UK.

But I Think it would indicate that we need a different civil service. (At least in this particular case. Though I’d prefer a Labour government for other reasons.)
    If Italy’s death toll is 100,001 but the UK only has 100,000 deaths then you’re saying Boris hasn’t poorly managed this?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    US tries to otherthrow foreign government. Film at 11.
    Oh dear God in heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I can't believe the nuttiness in Venezuela made barely a blip. A 62 man group enters Venezuela, amongst them two green berets, with intent to oust Maduro and they just.... tweet it out to Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/venturecommunis/...321500161?s=21

It didn't work. Venezuela captures most of them.

Venezuela claims to have captured two Americans involved in failed invasion

(CNN)Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says two American "mercenaries" have been apprehended after a failed coup attempt launched over the weekend.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday denied US involvement in the incident.

"I just got information on that... But it has nothing to do with our government," Trump told reporters outside the White House before departing for an event in Arizona.

Juan Guaido -- the opposition leader who is recognized by the US and more than 50 countries as Venezuela's interim president -- on Tuesday also denied involvement during a virtual address to the National Assembly.

Guaido, who is National Assembly president, said during the parliamentary meeting that the opposition-controlled assembly had "nothing to do" with the incursion.

Maduro claimed two men who were captured had IDs for a US security company but Guaido said the assembly was not involved with any security firm. He called Maduro's claims attempts to "trick and confuse" the Venezuelan people.

Maduro, in a live address on state television late Monday, brandished what he claimed were the US passports and driver's licenses of the two men, along with what he said were their ID cards for Silvercorp, a Florida-based security services company.

Maduro also showed what he said was a photo of the two men after they were captured, and accused the pair of playing "Rambo" in a failed attack intended to unseat him
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wonder if Betsy DeVos's brother Erik Prince has a hand in this operation somehow.

I'm getting some likes, and a lot of blowback from this Twitter Post. Any opinions on it or on the responses to it?

Mine is in response to this post.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This is real... somehow real.

They blasted “Live and Let Die” while Trump walked around a Honeywell plant today in Arizona without a mask. It’s hard to believe this clip is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm getting some likes, and a lot of blowback from this Twitter Post. Any opinions on it or on the responses to it?

Mine is in response to this post.
    You can't t reason with those who don't accept reason.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if Betsy DeVos's brother Erik Prince has a hand in this operation somehow.
    My first thought as well
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Guys, I'm all for black humor, but we literally have people sharing this board with us who have lost loved ones this week.

Maybe "too soon" applies here?
    While I'm sure that no one is intentionally saying this sort of thing to hurt folks(and they might even be unaware...), someone lost a grandparent less than two weeks ago.

A friend's mother is in a long term care facility is positive, and not doing well at all.

Even if you don't intend on hurting folks' feelings, now might just be the time to second guess just how harmless a joke might be.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh hey, a bad take from Young Turks member and failed candidate, Cenk Uygur.

If we had a Democrat with balls when we take over, they’d cut off funding to red states & make them beg for their handout. Almost all of them are welfare queens who live off the blue states. Republican run states are on average miserable failures who take more from federal govt.

A bad take, but even I wish (at times) they could slap something in a bill that caps the amount of federal tax dollars that goes to a state at +/- 25% of the amount that gets sent - with exceptions for non-contiguous states like Alaska and Hawaii (and anything that might be added later). It's easier to desire living in Nevada since we are one of the top 5 is being taken from.

He's not entirely wrong, just an *******. The underlying point is the people claiming that blue states are so poorly run tend to live in states supported by the flow of federal tax dollars out of them and into theirs. If red states had to come up with close to 100% of their state budgets on their own it would be riots in the streets.

On a COVID note, I am seriously thinking that I should always refer to the pandemic as the Orange Death from now on.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You can't t reason with those who don't accept reason.
    Wondering if any of them are trolls or bots.