Explosion rocks downtown Nashville in what police call ‘intentional act’

Police say an explosion in downtown Nashville early Christmas morning that shattered storefronts and left at least three people hospitalized with noncritical injuries appears to have been “an intentional act.”

Supervisory Special Agent Joel E. Siskovic said the FBI is leading the investigation, working with state and local authorities. He declined to say whether there were any suspects.

“The main thing right now is public safety to make sure that everyone in the surrounding area is accounted for and, at the same time, ensuring that the city itself is safe from any other potential incident,” said Michael Knight, a spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Nashville, which is also probing the incident.

Investigators are working to create a timeline of events both before and after the explosion, Knight said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

An April Fool

Former Florida lawmaker arrested in Haiti on weapons charge, police official says

A Florida lawmaker who was disciplined after using a gay slur against a political rival and who lost re-election earlier this year was taken into custody in Haiti on a weapons charge, police said Thursday. Circumstances of his arrest were a mystery.

A police official in the coastal community of Miragoâne, who declined to be identified, said former Rep. Al Jacquet, 40, D-Palm Beach, was charged with illegal possession of a weapon.

The police official said an investigation was underway, and the case has moved from the attention of local police to that of the national government. He could not say whether or when Jacquet might be released from custody.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Disturbing and ominous to say the least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Tennessee newspaper investigating "horrific" ad claiming "Islam" would bomb Nashville

Tennessee paper religious ad claims 'Islam' will detonate nuclear bomb in Nashville

A major Tennessee newspaper said Sunday it is investigating what its editor called a "horrific" full-page advertisement from a religious group that predicts a terrorist attack in Nashville next month. The paid advertisement that appeared in Sunday's editions of The Tennessean addresses the "citizens of Nashville" and warns that the attack would happen on July 18, 2020.

The ad from the group Future For America claims Donald Trump "is the final president of the USA" and features a photo of Trump and Pope Francis. It begins by claiming that a nuclear device would be detonated in Nashville and that the attack would be carried out by unspecific interests of "Islam."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Shots fired call, then detonation in the same location, 1 hour later? When the site would be swarming with 1st responders? That's classic ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    All political differences and partisanship aside, I hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate. And if you don’t celebrate, Happy Friday!
    Happy Friday to you as well!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you think Carlson made up the video?
    I think Carlson made up the level of significance of the video.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    All political differences and partisanship aside, I hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate. And if you don’t celebrate, Happy Friday!
    And to you!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Shots fired call, then detonation in the same location, 1 hour later? When the site would be swarming with 1st responders? That's classic ambush.
    True, but from what I've read, that's not what happened.

The devise announced itself as a bomb, did a 15 minute countdown, and then blew up. Seems like an updated IRA playbook.

My money's on Sovereign Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    True, but from what I've read, that's not what happened.

The devise announced itself as a bomb, did a 15 minute countdown, and then blew up. Seems like an updated IRA playbook.

My money's on Sovereign Citizens
    Last I heard, only three people were injured with non-critical injuries.

If this was a terrorist attack (and it seems likely), this has to be the single most ineffective attack ever. And thank god for that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Last I heard, only three people were injured with non-critical injuries.

If this was a terrorist attack (and it seems likely), this has to be the single most ineffective attack ever. And thank god for that.
    All signs indicate that the lack of harm to people was intentional.

What scares me is how sophisticated the attack clearly is. They built a bomb, safely drove it to a location, successfully wired it to a programmed warning system and detonated it.

All signs indicate that the lack of harm to people was intentional.

What scares me is how sophisticated the attack clearly is. They built a bomb, safely drove it to a location, successfully wired it to a programmed warning system and detonated it.
    And subsequently proclaimed support for Trump and Islam, which makes no f**king sense.
    My money’s on white-supremecist morons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    And subsequently proclaimed support for Trump and Islam, which makes no f**king sense.
    My money’s on white-supremecist morons.
    Where'd you hear that?

Where'd you hear that?
    I was referring to the article posted by Tami earlier. Post #19805 where someone took out the add proclaiming support for Trump as well as Islam.
    The article foreshadows an attack on Nashville by Islam the circumstances of which match the attack you were commenting on. I’m speculating it may be white supremacists trying to create conflict and bad feelings against Muslims.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-25-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Watching CNN. Report on human remains found, but not yet identified.

Large 'intentional' blast wrecks buildings in downtown Nashville
    Last edited by Tami; 12-25-2020 at 03:55 PM.