Ultimate Member

Republicans are Darwinists, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Basically, they just lack empathy.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-26-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

No, they are Nazis.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Considering people don't know the basics of how the government works and Republicans are determined to obstruct everything the Biden administration puts forward, it's going to be a long 4 - 8 years of bad political takes.

They are when it's convenient for them to "weed out the weak." But when it comes to teaching evolution in public schools, not so much.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I'd call them sociopaths.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So on Friday after golf Lindsey Graham has pretty much said that Trump wants the $2000 stimulus checks and won't budge. More or less Graham went there as a middle man to Mitch McConnell and got word that , yep...this is what he wants. Now its making Monday a very fun day to watch play out when Pelosi holds her vote.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So on Friday after golf Lindsey Graham has pretty much said that Trump wants the $2000 stimulus checks and won't budge. More or less Graham went there as a middle man to Mitch McConnell and got word that , yep...this is what he wants. Now its making Monday a very fun day to watch play out when Pelosi holds her vote.
    I really wonder what's going to happen.

The house vote is obvious- probably all of the Democrats will vote yes, maybe some Republicans. But the Senate-will Mitch force the Republican's to go along with it? Or will they balk, vote it down, and then Trump vetos the bills, the government shuts down, no more COVID assistance... and an election in a few weeks that will decide the control of the Senate.

giphy (15).jpg
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 12-26-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

The house vote is obvious- probably all of the Democrats will vote yes, maybe some Republicans. But the Senate-will Mitch force the Republican's to go along with it? Or will they balk, vote it down, and then Trump vetos the bills, the government shuts down, no more COVID assistance... and an election in a few weeks that will decide the control of the Senate.

https://giphy.com/gifs/76dXlFZZEqNH2/html5

http://gph.is/1bEaVHa
    The Senate GOP will attach things like section 230 repeal to it, and then blame the Dems for not passing them. That's the move. Then the New York Times will report that 'congress' or 'the Democrats' failed.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He also said it was contingent on removing the protection from social media. Trump wants to sue Twitter for what people tweet about him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He also said it was contingent on removing the protection from social media. Trump wants to sue Twitter for what people tweet about him.
    And of course, gives no thought to people suing him for the crap he's said.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

One man’s uninformed opinion: I think Senate Republicans will go against Moscow Mitch and balk. In their warped little minds, there’s no other choice. Those sociopathic bastards probably didn’t want to give the people a mere $600 apiece, no way in hell will they stomach sending out checks for two grand. Even if it costs Republicans the Senate and they get blamed for yet another government shutdown, I believe the GOP will stick to their guns and hold true to their party’s number one mantra of fucking over the little guy. I hope I’m wrong, but Republicans are just self-destructive enough to go that route.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    One man’s uninformed opinion: I think Senate Republicans will go against Moscow Mitch and balk. In their warped little minds, there’s no other choice. Those sociopathic bastards probably didn’t want to give the people a mere $600 apiece, no way in hell will they stomach sending out checks for two grand. Even if it costs Republicans the Senate and they get blamed for yet another government shutdown, I believe the GOP will stick to their guns and hold true to their party’s number one mantra of fucking over the little guy. I hope I’m wrong, but Republicans are just self-destructive enough to go that route.
    You're not wrong, and I think it's been said that they didn't want to give people any more money. I think Mitch had to bully them into it just to get $600, and he only was willing to do that because of Georgia.

why do people think some random person on YouTube will convince me of anything. Especially when it comes to science or medicine where I can read about verified evidence. Somebody rambling for 10 minutes isn't a good source.

Astonishing Member

You're not wrong, and I think it's been said that they didn't want to give people any more money. I think Mitch had to bully them into it just to get $600, and he only was willing to do that because of Georgia.
    Just the other day Pence was complaining that dems want to make poor people more comfortable. Leave it to conservatives to think this is a bad thing.