I agree, unlikely, but not impossible. Considering how corrupt the Republican Georgia Senators are, it is sad that it is this close.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump signs the covid bill at last

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/27/polit...eve/index.html

This was really the only thing he could do. he could not let The $2000 bill go to the floor and have the GOP go on record for shutting it down. Not if they had any hope of winning GA.
    Pretty much. I suspect Republicans would’ve been fine losing Georgia AND being blamed for a shutdown rather than cave on their longstanding principle of screwing over the people, because they weren’t about to let two grand checks fly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Man, I really the Dems to win Georgia, but I suspect they’ll lose and Mitchie Mitch and the other Republican senate ghouls will continue to be obstructionist cretinous monsters to President Biden like they were to Obama when he was in office.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'm expecting 1 and 1, keeping Mitchocrite McConnell in his job via a razor thin 51-49 majority.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Read 'With Folded Hands' by Jack Williamson. And Skynet?
    When I say AI I'm thinking of something more like an autopilot, not HAL.
    Governments are basically operating systems for accomplishing desired results through a series of ordered steps or commands. Systems can be corrupted from outside interference or experience failure through internal flaws. I'm suggesting a series of system patches to remove or compensate for those problems.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Governments are basically operating systems for accomplishing desired results through a series of ordered steps or commands. Systems can be corrupted from outside interference or experience failure through internal flaws. I'm suggesting a series of system patches to remove or compensate for those problems.
    Hmmm? Interesting concept.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    AI are very flawed systems, they have the same drawbacks as we do. They can be racist and misogynist, that's because of the people coding them code in their own values. An AI became a Nazi when it was introduced to the internet within a short time frame, for example. I forgot what it was called but it was very high profile years ago. AI's aren't going to save us, there is no "autopilot" for governing. It's not like computers can't be corrupted or have glitches, you can't hack a human being but you can with a computer system.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    AI are very flawed systems, they have the same drawbacks as we do. They can be racist and misogynist, that's because of the people coding them code in their own values. An AI became a Nazi when it was introduced to the internet within a short time frame, for example. I forgot what it was called but it was very high profile years ago. AI's aren't going to save us, there is no "autopilot" for governing. It's not like computers can't be corrupted or have glitches, you can't hack a human being but you can with a computer system.
    AI is basically just mass memorization mixed with direction to perform task. It's a closed system and it will only ever be as good as the system. Human problems on the scale government deals with them are an open system. Way too many complexities and nuance and exceptions to consider. It's good if you are trying to find the best way to balance agriculture production on the most efficient mass scale. But achieving social justice... yeah it ain't doing that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    How likely is it that the Dems can get control of the senate in January? Is anyone here e
    confident they can win?
    About 10%. GA is deep red and I feel like the best way to win those seats was to win them when the stakes were lower where the people in GA could dump GOP candidates they didn't like with the idea that maybe they would hold the Senate in other races. Now the GOP can scaremonger off Democratic control. It's almost a midterm.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The House still plans their vote more or less at last check. Trump is now claiming that Senate will look at increasing the $2000 direct payment (which McConnell has made no mention of). So Pelosi intends to hold the vote and with Trump claiming the Senate is supposed to do this , it appears McConnell will get some heat from both in press.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/27/trum...his-week-.html
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump signs the covid bill at last

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/27/polit...eve/index.html

This was really the only thing he could do. he could not let The $2000 bill go to the floor and have the GOP go on record for shutting it down. Not if they had any hope of winning GA.
    So he claims that he "Line item vetoed" the heck out of it.

Something the Supreme Court shot down decades ago when Hillary's Husband tried it.

4 years in, Trump still has no idea what he is doing.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So he claims that he "Line item vetoed" the heck out of it.

Something the Supreme Court shot down decades ago when Hillary's Husband tried it.

4 years in, Trump still has no idea what he is doing.
    Trump was just spewing crapola as usual, knowing full well his lemmings would swallow everything he said hook, line and sinker. So, in that sense, Trump knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

The Nashville Bomber, Anthony Quinn Warner:

I haven't watched all the news coverage, but I've heard and read there's been a reluctance to call this a case of domestic terrorism. Hmm! I wonder why?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Nashville Bomber, Anthony Quinn Warner:

I haven't watched all the news coverage, but I've heard and read there's been a reluctance to call this a case of domestic terrorism. Hmm! I wonder why?

Oh its domestic terrorism for sure. Its just the last article I read seems to show someone with the whole "lone wolf" deal some have. The guy thus far doesn't seem to have a political reason for this and was a loner.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Oh its domestic terrorism for sure. Its just the last article I read seems to show someone with the whole "lone wolf" deal some have. The guy thus far doesn't seem to have a political reason for this and was a loner.
    They'll probably find out details later online, like he posted on 4Chan or something.