Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Sounds like a huge misunderstanding and that even the police were unsure what they should do.

I take your point that his ethnicity is what caused him to not be given the benefit of the doubt.
    You never hear this happen to white kids in school, that says it all. "Looks like a bomb," how would they know? The biggest trigger they got was that it beeped, as if electronic clocks don't beep. What a disgrace.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Unlike last year where the media and people really didn't pay attention on when the House passed a 2nd Covid bill and Mitch McConnell didn't even care to look at , this time the pressure is on. Trump is watching which is pressure enough and his word could hurt things worse , the media is REALLY watching this now as its drama and finally the public is watching wanting $2,000 stimulus checks.

So its gonna be fun to watch the Republican party either no vote this or vote it down as ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE soon after. (Trump tweeting etc) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I heard that Trump banned certain styles of architecture being financed with public money.

Isn't that censorship of the arts?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I heard that Trump banned certain styles of architecture being financed with public money.

I just hope that, after January 20th we can start to censor him.

Biden can straighten that out once in office.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Unlike last year where the media and people really didn't pay attention on when the House passed a 2nd Covid bill and Mitch McConnell didn't even care to look at , this time the pressure is on. Trump is watching which is pressure enough and his word could hurt things worse , the media is REALLY watching this now as its drama and finally the public is watching wanting $2,000 stimulus checks.

So its gonna be fun to watch the Republican party either no vote this or vote it down as ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE soon after. (Trump tweeting etc) .
    They'll vote it down with both senators from GEorgia voting 'yes', so they can pretend they care.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Bernie Sanders is saying that he intends to force McConnel to hold a vote on the Stimulus checks by filibustering the defense bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In actual real world news. A real bombshell

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...i_EaFT-leWf0jw

On one hand this isn't surprising...on the other hand it's amazing that this got exposed before the year got done. I mean wow.

And if Putin kept this under wraps for so long, what are the death tolls really like in other countries with dodgy data?

And of course if the Russian state officials are admitting this finally, that means the situation is truly worse or is about to get worse.
    I know right. Putin was first out of the gate with a vaccine also.

A Wuhan journalist was just sentenced for 4 years for reporting on the virus.

The scale of the Covid-19 outbreak in Wuhan early this year may have been nearly 10 times the recorded tally, a study conducted by China’s public health authorities indicates, leaving the city where the coronavirus first took hold still well short of the immunity required to protect against a potential resurgence.

That ratio would suggest that with Wuhan home to about 11 million people, as many as 500,000 residents may have been infected, nearly 10 times more than the 50,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases reported by health authorities in mid-April, when the survey was conducted.

China has been criticized internationally for its initial handling of the outbreak, which has spread around the world in a global pandemic in the year since the first cases emerged. The U.S. has raised questions about China’s accounting of the virus fallout in Wuhan, which was quickly eclipsed by larger outbreaks in Europe and North America. A number of revisions of the case and deaths data added to suspicions China was massaging the numbers.

While the serological data may reignite those claims, it is common for health authorities to under-report cases during an acute outbreak, given testing capabilities can be limited and hospitals overwhelmed with a sudden surge in patients. The coronavirus’s ability to quietly infect people without making some of them sick until later or even throughout the infection period only exacerbates the problem.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

Not at all, the Federal Government has every right to set up criteria for Federal buildings. That said, this is an executive order without out any teeth and will be ignored.
    So, not censorship, just stupid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

In actual real world news. A real bombshell

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...i_EaFT-leWf0jw

On one hand this isn't surprising...on the other hand it's amazing that this got exposed before the year got done. I mean wow.

And if Putin kept this under wraps for so long, what are the death tolls really like in other countries with dodgy data?

And of course if the Russian state officials are admitting this finally, that means the situation is truly worse or is about to get worse.
    IMO, the US should be included in this.

Trump administration cuts CDC out of data collection on hospitalized COVID-19 patients. The move has immediate effect.

Secrecy and spin: How Florida’s governor misled the public on the COVID-19 pandemic

Who knows if the numbers here are accurate or not.

BANNED

You are right...but the government never hid the death toll of the Pandemic on quite the scale in Russia. Nobody hid the fact that US was #1 in death toll, the first to reach 50K, 100K, 200K, 300K.

And of course even honest for-legit researchers have said that the death rate could be higher than reporter because of a range of issues rather than deliberate suppression.

Florida's numbers though...yeah those are dodgy af and Ron DeSantis is the Putin of the Keys in that respect (among others).

You are right...but the government never hid the death toll of the Pandemic on quite the scale in Russia. Nobody hid the fact that US was #1 in death toll, the first to reach 50K, 100K, 200K, 300K.

And of course even honest for-legit researchers have said that the death rate could be higher than reporter because of a range of issues rather than deliberate suppression.

Florida's numbers though...yeah those are dodgy af and Ron DeSantis is the Putin of the Keys in that respect (among others).
    Obviously, some governments (maybe many?) will have deliberately under-stated numbers of deaths.

But also, even for those that are honestly striving to give true reports there are a few different ways of going about it, each of which give significantly different results.

In UK, for example, I think government has been giving honest reports (NB...not claiming that their overall management has been good)...but basis of reporting has changed.

When pandemic first started, a fatality was included in figures IF the person had received a positive COVID diagnosis at any point...so if person died of a heart attack 2 months after COVID diagnosed they would still be included in figures. They was thought to be over-stating death toll, and now only people who die within 28 days of a positive test are included.

That may well under-state death toll...people have died because of pandemic without having COVID because their treatment for other illnesses was delayed because health service dealing with so many COVID patients. Many people in UK think best measure of toll taken, is to compare total deaths this year with those expected in a typical year.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 12-29-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Trump Mocked For Posting Campaign Ad 7 Weeks After Losing Election

The tagline is “Trump: He’s What’s For America,” a riff on the beef industry’s “Beef: It’s What’s For Dinner” slogan. That slogan should be, "Trump: He's What's For Trump".

Maybe Trump has been watching late night comics who are running reruns from October, so he thinks there's still time to win the election.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Mitch McConnell blocks proposal for Americans to get 2,000 dollars.

McConnell is a soulless, heartless, devil. Convince me otherwise.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Won’t even try, it’s a waste of time. Meanwhile, Moscow Mitch might’ve sewn up Georgia and the Senate for Democrats with his heartless move.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Won’t even try, it’s a waste of time. Meanwhile, Moscow Mitch might’ve sewn up Georgia and the Senate for Democrats with his heartless move.
    What a legacy.

"I am one of America's biggest assholes!"
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium