1. #20056
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,971

    Default

    Those fake Space Force unis look straight out of Heinlein's Starship Troopers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #20057
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,874

    Default

    Oh joy...he killed a straight vote on relief and tied it to Trump's insane ranting about Twitter and voting machines.

  3. #20058
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Those fake Space Force unis look straight out of Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

  4. #20059
    Ultimate Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    10,994

    Default

    So who will head up that commission to investigate voter fraud? Rudy Giuliani? Melissa Carone? Kelli Ward?
    Watching television is not an activity.

  5. #20060

  6. #20061
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    7,064

    Default

    Its really just a game at this ;point. Pelosi knew the $2000 bill would not pass. I thank her for trying but she knw Mitch would not let it go. I know that she wanted to help people and I know that was her main goal. But a smaller goal was to make the GOP look bad before GA runoffs. Hell she has been in the game to long to not think of that. It was win win for her. If it passed people the get the money and that is really her main goal. If it did not then Mitch and the GOP looks worse.

    With Mitch he knows that his is also not going to pass. because he knows there will not be a Voter Fraud Commission voted for by the Dems or any one in their right mind really. So pretty much only the Dems. He also knows that Section 230 will not be repealed. So his bill is nothing more then an attempt to make the Dems look bad when they vote it down. The GOP and hard core Trumpers will believe his spin.

    It is clear that Mitch wants to help no one. And it is BS. But there are way too many that see him as a hero for standing up for Trump and doing the so called "Right Thing." never mind that the right thing would have been to pass the $2000 in the first place and not block it.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  7. #20062
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    They're more Nazi-like in the book.

    But yes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  8. #20063
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its really just a game at this ;point. Pelosi knew the $2000 bill would not pass. I thank her for trying but she knw Mitch would not let it go. I know that she wanted to help people and I know that was her main goal. But a smaller goal was to make the GOP look bad before GA runoffs. Hell she has been in the game to long to not think of that. It was win win for her. If it passed people the get the money and that is really her main goal. If it did not then Mitch and the GOP looks worse.

    With Mitch he knows that his is also not going to pass. because he knows there will not be a Voter Fraud Commission voted for by the Dems or any one in their right mind really. So pretty much only the Dems. He also knows that Section 230 will not be repealed. So his bill is nothing more then an attempt to make the Dems look bad when they vote it down. The GOP and hard core Trumpers will believe his spin.

    It is clear that Mitch wants to help no one. And it is BS. But there are way too many that see him as a hero for standing up for Trump and doing the so called "Right Thing." never mind that the right thing would have been to pass the $2000 in the first place and not block it.
    Democrats should call his bluff and vote for it. The people get more money. A bullshit commission is set up that will find no voter fraud, less it 's on the side of the Republicans. And I could give two shits if Facebook and Twitter get sued.

  9. #20064
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    16,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Democrats should call his bluff and vote for it. The people get more money. A bullshit commission is set up that will find no voter fraud, less it 's on the side of the Republicans. And I could give two shits if Facebook and Twitter get sued.
    It actually according one legal person I know a little said that this would have the opposite effect than what Trump wants. He expects that he can post whatever insane bullshit he wants. But the moment he posts something that Twitter worries over...they can ban him. Because they can do it. So I'd be like .."Sure we will pass it but this Commission will be handled by a group of Democrats and Republicans. No one from team Trump will be named on it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  10. #20065
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Democrats should call his bluff and vote for it. The people get more money. A bullshit commission is set up that will find no voter fraud, less it 's on the side of the Republicans. And I could give two shits if Facebook and Twitter get sued.
    Repealing section 230 wouldn't be a good thing though.

  11. #20066
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,395

    Default

    Ah. So he's not absolutely insane. Just utterly despicable.

    Now a dark thought occurs: why would completely narcissistic Trump want Everyman to get $1400 more? Because he and Mitch want to BBQ Biden and Pelosi.

  12. #20067

  13. #20068
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    16,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Ah. So he's not absolutely insane. Just utterly despicable.

    Now a dark thought occurs: why would completely narcissistic Trump want Everyman to get $1400 more? Because he and Mitch want to BBQ Biden and Pelosi.
    Given that the last deal we saw with Team Trump and how nothing was uncovered , I'd say Biden and company would be like....sure lets do that. But we want it to be a neutral commission. That way no one is favored and lets see what happens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  14. #20069
    Astonishing Member ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,683
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  15. #20070
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Repealing section 230 wouldn't be a good thing though.
    Yeah, it wouldn't just be social media giants that would get opened up for litigation, everything from the Internet Archive to CBR could start attracting sue-happy lawyers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •