Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    If anyone sees this who hasn't voted in the cover contest yet, we need a tie breaker.

And to stay on topic: Trump is mentally ill.
    You think Trump is showing signs of mental illness now, just wait until January 6th, 20th, and 21st. I predict that Trump is going to really go off the deep end.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My aunt is on one today. Going on a long speech about how Mitch and his move with the $2000 is trying to save the country and it is clear he is the only one who cares. Most people are going to see this and care more about the voter fraud then the $2000.

This ran down hill to how things are going to be so bad with Biden that stores will close we will have food riots and have to eat our pets to survive. And China from their base in Canada will invade with in two weeks of Biden being sworn in.

She of course would love the $2000 but it is more important to have a strong resident and the voter Fraud commission will take Biden out and keep Trump in charge and we will all be so better off next year we will be cheering this move.
    Yes, this sort of mentality cannot be altered by facts or evidence. When none of these things happen, it won't change their opinions in the slightest.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

My aunt is on one today. Going on a long speech about how Mitch and his move with the $2000 is trying to save the country and it is clear he is the only one who cares. Most people are going to see this and care more about the voter fraud then the $2000.

This ran down hill to how things are going to be so bad with Biden that stores will close we will have food riots and have to eat our pets to survive. And China from their base in Canada will invade with in two weeks of Biden being sworn in.

She of course would love the $2000 but it is more important to have a strong resident and the voter Fraud commission will take Biden out and keep Trump in charge and we will all be so better off next year we will be cheering this move.
    That's pretty elaborate. Stay strong BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes, this sort of mentality cannot be altered by facts or evidence. When none of these things happen, it won't change their opinions in the slightest.
    I have an uncle who insists Biden should be impeached for perjury the moment he takes the oath of office, since aapparently Democrats are incapable of keeping it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's pretty elaborate. Stay strong BB.
    Thanks Dr.

I used to think other exaggerated people like this. That no one can really spout this shit. But my aunt holds two college degrees and she is talking like this. I just dont get how much sanity these people have to lose to think like this.

That group of nut jobs she talks to everyday. I have mentioned them before. One of the members said that he just wished Mitch had passed the $2000 bucks with out the Voter fraud stuff. He was yelled at by the others for like an hour on how he did not care about the country and was only thinking of himself. He should be ashamed, they then blocked him from the site and one of the other members out his info on a website.

So yea they will turn on each other so fast.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-30-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The coronavirus death toll in America already surpassed the WWII American combat fatalities. The virus killed more Americans in less than one year than WWII did in 4 years. I fear the U.S. coronavirus deaths will also surpass the Civil War military deaths.

https://www.***************.com/more...s-wwii-2020-12

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/5535450002/

Boisterously Confused

Thanks Dr.

I used to think other exaggerated people like this. That no one can really spout this shit. But my aunt holds two college degrees and she is talking like this. I just dont get how much sanity these people have to lose to think like this.

That group of nut jobs she talks to everyday. I have mentioned them before. One of the members said that he just wished Mitch had passed the $2000 bucks with out the Voter fraud stuff. He was yelled at by the others for like an hour on how he did not care about the country and was only thinking of himself. He should be ashamed, they then blocked him from the site and one of the other members out his info on a website.

So yea they will turn on each other so fast.
    NPR had a piece today on the disturbing tendency of people to buy into the conspiracies floating around.

Why Mitch McConnell wants to raise your hopes and then dash them

Instead, the point for him is to just run out the clock. The 116th Congress comes to an end on Jan. 3. The Georgia runoff elections happen two days later.

McConnell has two competing needs at the moment. First, he has to do what he can to help Loeffler and Perdue in order to maintain the Republican hold on the Senate (if they both lose, Democrats take control). The stimulus had already become a major issue in the Georgia campaign, and after being hammered by their Democratic opponents over it, Perdue and Loeffler arrived at the position that just about whatever stimulus anyone suggests is great with them, whether it’s $600 or $2,000. They’re now posing as the guarantors of government succor, who in their boundless beneficence will rain money down on every Georgian.

But at the same time, McConnell doesn’t actually want the $2,000 stimulus checks to become a reality. It’s not because he cares about increasing the deficit (he doesn’t). Nor is it because he thinks the aid is poorly targeted — even though you can make a good case that it is, and we would do better to send money to the people who need it most right now rather than to everyone.
    No, the reason McConnell opposes the $2,000 is that any further stimulus would accelerate the economic recovery. How much it would do so is hard to predict with precision, but it would certainly have some effect, and anything that helps the economy is bad for the Republican project of constraining, undermining and sabotaging Biden’s presidency.

So all McConnell needs is to drag this out for a few more days. If he can give Loeffler and Perdue the time to loudly proclaim their support for the $2,000 checks, it might not matter for their race whether the bill dies in the end. The best possible outcome is for them to win in part because they promised to bring more stimulus, but then for no more stimulus to arrive.

Josh Hawley is going to be president some day, and nothing in this world makes me less happy.

I'll chime in here, tho I have to be careful as my politics might scare some people. I am what you call part of the far-left, the hard left... whatever term you want to use.
    What has always fascinated me is... poor members of the working class defending and praising billionaires and the rich while being against others in their own class (for not working hard enough, LoL)... as if
    1,200 or 600 or 2,000 should not go the poor, middle class etc. and we should just keep giving tax breaks and handouts to the rich because: economy!

Some members of the working and middle classes seem to be so backward. The ones who need the $$$ don't deserve it and yet, the ones who have all the money deserve more?

It's. So. Backward!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Josh Hawley is going to be president some day, and nothing in this world makes me less happy.
    Eh ... I don't think so.

I think Sasse, Haley, Scott, Rubio, Cruz, Abbott, & the other Scott stand a better chance.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Eh ... I don't think so.

I think Sasse, Haley, Scott, Rubio, Cruz, Abbott, & the other Scott stand a better chance.
    Neither Senator from FL has any chance of being President. And everybody hates Ted Cruz. I think we should be looking at people like Tom Cotton.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Neither Senator from FL has any chance of being President. And everybody hates Ted Cruz. I think we should be looking at people like Tom Cotton.
    You can't be serious. Cotton is as racist as George Wallace was in the 1960's. He's anti-worker, anti-poor and extremely hard on non-violent criminals. That guy makes Trump look like Jesus by comparison.