Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Neither Senator from FL has any chance of being President. And everybody hates Ted Cruz. I think we should be looking at people like Tom Cotton.
    I think Cotton will be a candidate.

I stand by that list as people that might actually become POTUS but I really think nobody in the current GOP will be POTUS. The next R as POTUS will be another outsider but I think it will be a good 12 years.

I just think those are their best current people that actually stand a shot.

Not that I would support any of them (maybe Sasse, he seems a bit moderate at times, we'll see how that pans out, still haven't seen a decent R I would vote for in a good 12 years on any level, lots of Ls, Gs, Ds, etc.).
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-30-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    You can't be serious. Cotton is as racist as George Wallace was in the 1960's. He's anti-worker, anti-poor and extremely hard on non-violent criminals. That guy makes Trump look like Jesus by comparison.
    He didn't mean "looking at as a candidate to vote for" but "looking at as a candidate we need to defeat in 2024".
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ...I really think nobody in the current GOP will be POTUS. The next R as POTUS will be another outsider but I think it will be a good 12 years...
    I hope that you're right, but I fear that you're far too optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He didn't mean "looking at as a candidate to vote for" but "looking at as a candidate we need to defeat in 2024".
    Of course he did. I shouldve phrased better. I just meant, I hope very few people vote for him. Sorry, Kirby!
    Last edited by Comics N' Toons; 12-30-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have an uncle who insists Biden should be impeached for perjury the moment he takes the oath of office, since aapparently Democrats are incapable of keeping it.
    Meanwhile, you have Trump trying to overthrow our system of government based on totally fabricated accusations and that's perfectly okay.

I saw a Sam Harris video about this. I know Harris has his problems but he nicely outlined the sequence of events.

Months before the election, Trump starts claiming there will be massive voter fraud.

His evidence?

He will get a ton of votes and take a massive lead.
    Then, mysteriously, in the middle of the night, when nobody is working, there will be a ton of votes for Biden.
    P.S. Go and vote in person because the pandemic is a hoax.

Of course, he will get an early lead because Republicans will tend to vote in person on Election Day because they believe Trump.
    Then the mail-in votes, mostly Democrats, will be counted because they actually listen to the medical profession and, of course, there will be people working round the clock counting votes, not "when no one is there".

Sure, people believe things because they want to and refuse to accept evidence and facts that disagree with them. I have a former employer who accepts random anonymous Internet quotes of what Ginsberg has said over the actual quotes in court records. But the sheer level of lunacy you have to go to to continue believing the Conspiracy delusions when even Conservative judges including Trump appointees are dismissing them for zero evidence is mind-boggling.

I do notice that most of the most fanatical people on Facebook have gone silent for weeks now as if the absurdity of this has become so ridiculous that they are distancing themselves by silence. I'd like to believe Trump is losing public support and that those remaining just get louder and louder the less of them there are. But, as the saying goes, you can fool some of the people all of the time- and easily.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Josh Hawley is going to be president some day, and nothing in this world makes me less happy.
    He'll lose in the primaries to a Kardashian.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I hope that you're right, but I fear that you're far too optimistic.
    70 million people voting for the worst president in history made me very pessimistic for 2024.

Hillary was right!

70 million people voting for the worst president in history made me very pessimistic for 2024.
    Trump's not the worst Prez. in history. That honor goes to Andrew Jackson!

Trump isn't even the worst Prez. in modern history... that goes to Uncle Ronnie! We've been living under the failure of Reaganomics for 40 years!

Ultimate Member

Trump isn't even the worst Prez. in modern history... that goes to Uncle Ronnie! We've been living under the failure of Reaganomics for 40 years!
    We have race riots, a pandemic raging, concentration camps, a recession and a few other things I'm missing. At least Jackson and Ronnie tried to care for America as a whole, and didn't crap the bed across the board

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We have race riots, a pandemic raging, concentration camps, a recession and a few other things I'm missing. At least Jackson and Ronnie tried to care for America as a whole, and didn't crap the bed across the board
    Jackson started the Indian Wars and tried to dismantle the U.S. banking system. He was a dumb, racist POS that didnt care about your ancestorss.

And, IF you think Ronnie tried to care for America... Ummm, what was his response to the AIDS crisis exactly? Remember the rhetoric that came out of the WH? "THE GAY DISEASE." And what did Ronnie call black people on welfare? "Welfare Queens." what about Iran-Contra or "Trickle-down economics"? How's that worked out? What did Reagan do to the mentally ill? He cut funding to hospitals and let them all out. I could write 3 essays on the failures of Reagan, but I'll just leave you with the idea that Trump has done far far less damage to this country than Ronnie did.

Jackson started the Indian Wars and tried to dismantle the U.S. banking system. He was a dumb, racist POS that didnt care about your ancestorss.

And, IF you think Ronnie tried to care for America... Ummm, what was his response to the AIDS crisis exactly? Remember the rhetoric that came out of the WH? "THE GAY DISEASE." And what did Ronnie call black people on welfare? "Welfare Queens." what about Iran-Contra or "Trickle-down economics"? How's that worked out? What did Reagan do to the mentally ill? He cut funding to hospitals and let them all out. I could write 3 essays on the failures of Reagan, but I'll just leave you with the idea that Trump has done far far less damage to this country than Ronnie did.
    As an HIV activist, I know Reagan was a monster.

But he did not alienate pretty much all our allies, he did not let children die in cages, he did not put his kids in powerful positions and he didn't try to dismantle democracy.

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly until the pandemic I would have said Bush was clearly worse

This is not a defense of any capitalist businessman like Trump BUT... Well, you can't really blame Trump directly for kids in cages. That's America's racist immigration policy, which it has always had. The cages were built under Clinton and kids and families have been put in them for decades. The INS gave way to ICE and both should be abolished. You can blame Trump for alienating our allies YES, but most of that blame is not Trump alone... but bipartisan foreign policy.

2) I would argue that Reagan's domestic economic policies did and have indeed dismantled any freedoms that American workers had over the last 40 years... I won't use the term DEMOCRACY because America has never been a democracy. EVER! It is a Republic for rich people... built on slavery, stolen Native land, murder of indigenous peoples, and exploitation of the working class.

As far as Trump putting his kids in powerful positions... Well, what else is to be expected from a narcissist businessman?

The worst thing Trump has been guilty of, barring his Covid response, is those goddamned tariff wars on China! And he's a mysoginist, racist $hitbag who bombs brown people... but, so were his predecessors.
    Last edited by Comics N' Toons; 12-30-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

As an HIV activist, I know Reagan was a monster.

But he did not alienate pretty much all our allies, he did not let children die in cages, he did not put his kids in powerful positions and he didn't try to dismantle democracy.
    Yeah, I'm not lauding Ronnie by any means. Screw him.

But Trump's presidency is in a league of its own for vileness.

When I get back to my computer I'll link to The Cynical Historian and his take on the worst- Woodrow Wilson. The guy makes a compelling case, that Wilson's successes set up failures and misery for nearly a century. Certainly far worse than some schmuck who died after a few weeks that seems to bein everyone else's Worst 5 list.
    Dark does not mean deep.