Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have a payment pending I need myself, based on my bank account app showing it there.
    My bank's website has a message informing us that loading times might be slow due to so many people checking for their stimulus payments several times a day. So I will only check my accounts once a day, unless I make an electronic payment and I want to see if it went through.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Gulf of Tonkin 2: Electric Boogaloo

Would that even work today? With all of the technology and all the surveillance all over the world, could they successfully fake an attack?
    Oh yeah it would. Say, fake a Kobiashi Maru. Send special ops into Iranian waters to send a bogus signal of small vessel in distress, and send a US destroyer after it. Get too close to the the Iranian responsers, and let testosterone take its course. It's not a slam dunk, but unless the Iranian commander was very sharp, and very cool-headed, yeah, it could work.

Ultimate Member

Secondly, IF the pandemic had happened under Obama or, if Hillary had been elected, would the outcome be similar? YES! Absolutely! Why? Because vaccines just became a thing 5 minutes ago. The death toll would have been less, no question... as Trump's rhetoric fanned a lot of flames... BUT there are so many anti-Hillary/anti-\Dem people that the anti-maskers would have still existed. The death toll could have been similar, me thinks.
    Yes there are. However there is a MAJOR difference.

BEHAVIOR & REACTION.

Hilary and most Democrats would not fan the FLAMES like Trump did.

Hilary was not going to yell fake new or China flu or praise Ritterhouse or tell the Proud Boys to standby or ENCOURAGE attacks on Republican governors or encourage stupid behavior by Democratic governors.

Hilary would have told state to do what is needed to keep folks alive.

Under Hilary-nobody would probably know who Stacy Adams is. That voter purge in Georgia probably doesn't happen under her. Kemp would not try it.

That is another thing you have to look at-who benefitted from Trump's antics that lead to his and other Republican's downfall?

AOC would she have gotten elected?
    How many black women ALONE got elected in retaliation towards Republicans and Trump?
    How much work have Scot Biao, Dean Cain and Ricky Shoerder lost?
    How many folks lost their jobs because Trump empowered them to be ignorant?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes there are. However there is a MAJOR difference.

BEHAVIOR & REACTION.

Hilary and most Democrats would not fan the FLAMES like Trump did.

Hilary was not going to yell fake new or China flu or praise Ritterhouse or tell the Proud Boys to standby or ENCOURAGE attacks on Republican governors or encourage stupid behavior by Democratic governors.

Hilary would have told state to do what is needed to keep folks alive.

Under Hilary-nobody would probably know who Stacy Adams is. That voter purge in Georgia probably doesn't happen under her. Kemp would not try it.

That is another thing you have to look at-who benefitted from Trump's antics that lead to his and other Republican's downfall?

AOC would she have gotten elected?
    How many black women ALONE got elected in retaliation towards Republicans and Trump?
    How much work have Scot Biao, Dean Cain and Ricky Shoerder lost?
    How many folks lost their jobs because Trump empowered them to be ignorant?
    Hell, under Clinton, or any sane leader, COVID would have been treated as a national emergency, not a wildfire that somehow is the responsibility of each state.

We wouldn't have had states competing against one another. We wouldn't have had no mask states next to mask states. This **** could have been contained, relative to what we see now.

Now? Its like we're gut shot and never bothered to address the wound. Just going on, business as usual, dragging ourselves along as blood loss keeps bringing us close to the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hell, under Clinton, or any sane leader, COVID would have been treated as a national emergency, not a wildfire that somehow is the responsibility of each state.

We wouldn't have had states competing against one another. We wouldn't have had no mask states next to mask states. This **** could have been contained, relative to what we see now.

Now? Its like we're gut shot and never bothered to address the wound. Just going on, business as usual, dragging ourselves along as blood loss keeps bringing us close to the edge.
    Well, I have heard a lot of right wingers say that this whole pandemic was a "Deep State" conspiracy against Trump. Imagine if a Lib was in office. It would be a "Liberal" conspiracy against Trump. The pandemic may have been better funded as far as the states were concerned BUT... if Mitch was still Maj. leader, with a Dem Prez? It may have been sabotage for sabotage sake!

What kind of progressive president (who is a Person Of Color) speaks at a KKK eulogy?

Joe Biden did undoubtedly deliver a eulogy for KKK member Robert Byrd on July 2, 2010. President Obama and President Clinton also spoke at the funeral. A transcript can be found here:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...HxasSDkUsaCMIY

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    What kind of progressive president (who is a Person Of Color) speaks at a KKK eulogy?

Joe Biden did undoubtedly deliver a eulogy for KKK member Robert Byrd on July 2, 2010. President Obama and President Clinton also spoke at the funeral. A transcript can be found here:

So people aren't allowed to change for the better, got it.

Also, only Democrats should be held responsible for their past actions.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

How many times have you shared the photoshopped image of an older Robert Byrd in KKK robes on social media?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Angela Merkel gave her last ever New Years Eve address to the nation today.

Covid was the main theme, but she also reminded people how important it is to make serious efforts to stop climate change.

She said she would take the vaccine... "when it's my turn" which I found refreshing after seeing pics of young, healthy politicians like Marco Rubio and AOC using their privilege to get the vaccine early.

She also mentioned her conversations with the Turkish immigrant founders of BionTech, who told her that people from 60 nations work for their company, and how that proved to her that diversity is an important resource.

I have never voted for her party, but I will miss Dr. Merkel.

Cory Booker and Tiffany Muller: How the Next Congress Can Improve U.S. Elections and Protect Voting Rights

This year, voters across the country faced a myriad of barriers to casting their vote — a global pandemic, a concerted disinformation campaign waged by the President and his allies and amplified by foreign adversaries, shifting deadlines, hours-long wait times to vote, confusing new rules, voter purges, intimidation, discrimination and more.

Despite these obstacles, Americans still turned out in record numbers to decisively elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as President and Vice President of the United States.

Voting in the United States of America is a sacrosanct right. It is both a precious obligation and a sacred opportunity we all have to participate in our democracy, and our voting process should be treated with the gravity and seriousness that it demands. But it simply shouldn’t be so hard to vote in a democracy such as ours.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

This is a favorite far right trope. Byrd spent one year of his youth in the KKK and the rest of his adult life against them yet conservatives remain quite about all the racists in the GOP.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 12-31-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This is a favorite far right trope. Byrd spent one years of his youth in the KKK and the rest of his adult life against them yet remain quite about all the racists in the GOP.
    Byrd at least renounced the KKK. The GOP follow Trump like hungry dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Gulf of Tonkin 2: Electric Boogaloo

Would that even work today? With all of the technology and all the surveillance all over the world, could they successfully fake an attack?
    Trump has tried some Tonkin like crap with Iran, it was a nonstarter. I am not saying Bush Cheney would not have gotten away with a false flag Iraq war, I am saying without 9/11 it would have been up for debate.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump has tried some Tonkin like crap with Iran, it was a nonstarter. I am not saying Bush Cheney would not have gotten away with a false flag Iraq war, I am saying without 9/11 it would have been up for debate.
    I agree with that assessment and should've previously stated that Bush and Cheney would've tried to get us into Iraq or somewhere else one way or another.

Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld had been working steadily since the Reagan administration to reduce the size of the U.S. military and privatize all of their logistical support.
    By 2000 the stage was set for a lot of people to make a whole lot of money on the next war the U.S. became involved in. Of course, (shocker) many of them happened to be friends and former business partners of Cheney and Rumsfeld.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I agree with that assessment and should've previously stated that Bush and Cheney would've tried to get us into Iraq or somewhere else one way or another.

Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld had been working steadily since the Reagan administration to reduce the size of the U.S. military and privatize all of their logistical support.
    By 2000 the stage was set for a lot of people to make a whole lot of money on the next war the U.S. became involved in. Of course, (shocker) many of them happened to be friends and former business partners of Cheney and Rumsfeld.
    Let's not forget the Iraq War no bid contract with Haliburton, Cheney company.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!