Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I hope it emboldens Georgia voters to get out there and get Ossof and Warnock in. This is nuts. Its indefensible but Im sure they will try
    It is obvious that GOP voters in GA do not care about lawlessness. It will only be if more people who care come out and vote.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is a crime, a serious one. It will be interesting to see if he is above the law.
    Just kidding, of course they will let him get away with it.
    That much is obvious. It’s been ride or die with Republicans since last January when they chose not to impeach Trump, they’re not going to change course now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That much is obvious. It’s been ride or die with Republicans since last January when they chose not to impeach Trump, they’re not going to change course now.
    Bot the DOJ and the State of Georgia can prosecute on Jan 21st. Neither will.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Didn't Trump pull this same thing with Kemp weeks ago? We already knew this stuff was happening and I'm again skeptical of any consequences.

"You know what they did and you're not reporting it.
    That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen.
    That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer."

Raffensperger should listen to Trump! He knows a lot about illegal collusions with his legal counsel.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

The latest (or maybe not the latest by now) sad attempt by Trump to overthrow the election and outright telling the Georgia governor to "find" the votes he needs to win.

This convinces me Trump is so delusional that he may seriously believe there was evidence-free fraud on a vast scale. He simply cannot believe he can lose fair and square.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

The latest (or maybe not the latest by now) sad attempt by Trump to overthrow the election and outright telling the Georgia governor to "find" the votes he needs to win.

This convinces me Trump is so delusional that he may seriously believe there was evidence-free fraud on a vast scale. He simply cannot believe he can lose fair and square.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...posts_card_hed

Yes, I just saw this news, I am sorry but is this not against the law? shouldn't Trump be arrested for this?

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    "You know what they did and you're not reporting it.
    That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen.
    That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer."

Raffensperger should listen to Trump! He knows a lot about illegal collusions with his legal counsel.
    Trump telling someone else not changing the vote count is criminal while himself trying to threaten someone into fixing the election in his favor. The level to which this guy is out of touch with reality.

As someone in that article put it, there will probably be years of debate as to whether Trump doing this is illegal because we have no precedent for a president doing something like this so it's new territory. But, ethically, Trump has done things that were a 12 on a scale of presidential unethical choices meant to cover 1-10. Now, he's hit a 15. Even the scale needs to be recalibrated to cover the degrees of unethical behavior he has gone to.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

Yes, I just saw this news, I am sorry but is this not against the law? shouldn't Trump be arrested for this?
    Trump has done many things against the law. But laws no longer have meaning under the Trump Presidency. When no one enforces the law, or the enforcers are the ones breaking the laws, the rule of law fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

There are those who say he is convinced of cheating because he cheated and can't believe Biden could have gotten enough votes to overcome Trump's election fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There are those who say he is convinced of cheating because he cheated and can't believe Biden could have gotten enough votes to overcome Trump's election fraud.
    That and telling Trump he is wrong about anything results in their being fired and ostracized so he is surrounded by sychophants telling him exactly what he wants to hear, most of them people wanting to stay on his good side because they desperately need to be pardoned for their criminal acts, some of those acts at his order or for him and it's clear that his pardon list is exactly the same as his "People who continue to kiss my @$$" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

That may get difficult since a big question is about intent. If Trump believes that the election was stolen and the Secretary of State should do more work to uncover an obvious conspiracy, that's crazy but harder to prosecute.

In the clips, he is consistent in suggesting that malfeasance occurred. He doesn't let the mask slip about admitting a fair loss.

https://lawandcrime.com/politics/har...tary-of-state/

But as Mariotti said, showing illegality would be a tall order. Professor Frank Bowman, of the University of Missouri School of Law, had a similar take. Though he described the Trump call as brazen in a tweet, he told Law&Crime in an interview on Sunday afternoon that it could be difficult to prosecute the president.

He said the call was “certainly impeachable,” though this would not happen as a practical matter since Trump is leaving office. Bowman said that the real problem with trying to do anything criminally with this call is demonstrating the president’s mental state, depending on what hypothetical charge is presented. He said while it sounds like a classic mob boss shake down, Trump walks very carefully down the line between extortion and pleading. Perhaps the president believes he really was trying to protect the election. Perhaps Trump really believes the conspiracy theories.

“That could be true,” Bowman said, clarifying that Trump may have convinced himself he could not have lost. “How are you going to prove he doesn’t believe that?”
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 01-03-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Boisterously Confused

Both Parties, in both Houses need a complete leadership change. Substantive leadership issues aside, each of them are so utterly loathed by the other side, any attempt at cooperation has to start the race from 250m behind the starting line.

ETA: Whelp. That's not what's happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Both Parties, in both Houses need a complete leadership change. Substantive leadership issues aside, each of them are so utterly loathed by the other side, any attempt at cooperation has to start the race from 250m behind the starting line.

ETA: Whelp. That's not what's happening.
    On the Democratic side there's a reason politicians like Pelosi win. To replace her the left needs someone capable of going toe to toe with her and win, and if you come at the queen you best not miss. The answer to this that those who would be interested know they'd be sitting ducks or there are those who have no interest in wasting everyone's time and risking endangering their faction's relationship with leadership. The left aren't even playing the same sport when it comes to winning elections for leadership positions.

Seth Abramson says criminal intent is provable.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...250442753.html