Trump not allowed into Scotland to escape Biden inauguration, Sturgeon warns

Donald Trump will not be allowed to visit Scotland to play golf during Joe Biden's inauguration, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The US president, who was overwhelmingly defeated in November's election, is reportedly considering travelling to his Turnberry golf resort to avoid Mr Biden being sworn into office.
    Nicola Sturgeon warns Donald Trump coming to play golf in Scotland is not essential travel

The question of Mr Trump visiting Scotland comes after an anonymous source from Prestwick Airport said that an American military version of the Boeing 757, an aircraft often used by the Vice-President and the First Lady, is scheduled to arrive at the airport on January 19, the day before Joe Biden takes over the presidency.

Mr Trump owns the Turnberry golf resort in Aberdeenshire.
    Speaking at Tuesday’s daily coronavirus briefing, Ms Sturgeon said that she “has no idea what Donald Trump’s travel plans are” but that she hopes that the only immediate plans he has are to exit the White House.

She went onto say in her answer: “We are not allowing people to come into Scotland, without any central purpose right now, and that would apply to him just as it applies to anybody else and coming in to play golf is not what I would consider to be an essential purpose”

Airport sources said surveillance planes appeared to lay the groundwork for Trump’s arrival in November, last year.

The White House has downplayed the speculations that the current President will be travelling to Scotland on January 19.
    White House Doesn’t Deny Rumors of Trump Fleeing to Scotland Ahead of Biden Inauguration

Over the weekend, reports in Scotland noted some weird U.S. military activity happening at the airport nearest President Donald Trump’s flagship Scottish golf resort. According to the Sunday Post, surveillance aircraft have been spotted over Trump Turnberry, and a Boeing 757 previously used by the president is scheduled to land at Prestwick Airport on Jan. 19—a day before Joe Biden’s inauguration. Now, with rumors of Trump’s flight gaining traction, the White House has issued a statement. Judd Deere, deputy White House press secretary, downplayed the prospect of Trump’s trip to Scotland—but, interestingly, didn’t deny it. Deere told Fox News: “Anonymous sources who claim to know what the president is or is not considering have no idea. When President Trump has an announcement about his plans for Jan. 20., he will let you know.”
    Last edited by Tami; 01-05-2021 at 07:34 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Julian Assange: UK judge blocks extradition of Wikileaks founder to US

The judge blocked the request because of concerns over Mr Assange's mental health and risk of suicide in the US.

Mr Assange, who is wanted over the publication of thousands of classified documents in 2010 and 2011, says the case is politically motivated.

Expressing disappointment at the ruling, the US justice department noted that its legal arguments had prevailed.

Its position is that the leaks broke the law and endangered lives.

"While we are extremely disappointed in the court's ultimate decision, we are gratified that the United States prevailed on every point of law raised," the justice department said.

The US authorities have 14 days in which to lodge an appeal and are expected to do so.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55528241

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I'm concerned that Trumpists in Georgia are going to try cast fake ballets in order to cast doubt on the first election.
    If it were so easy, GA would've found more than 2 "fake" ballots this last election.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wondering what ********* they had on him. Replaced with a Trump loyalist, of course.

Edit: the secret word is kompro.JPG
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-05-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Wondering what ********* they had on him. Replaced with a Trump loyalist, of course.

Edit: the secret word is kompro.JPG
    Did CBR edit out k o m p r o m a t ? What a weird word to exclude. Did the have their algorithm written in Russia?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Fox News Anchor Accuses Raffensperger of Placing U.S. in ‘Jeopardy' by Releasing Trump Call

I mean this **** is just nuts. She's literally grilling him about the call like its his fault for the fallout. I am no fan of the Georgia GOP they are getting a lot of credit now for basically just doing their jobs lol. They still tried to disenfranchise voters and they still voted for trump themselves even though hes throwing them under the bus now.

He has said multiple times they recorded it because Trump is a liar that has been harassing them and had he not lied about the call on twitter they wouldn't have fact checked him with its release. I am no fan of the man but her entire hostile line of questioning is just baffling. Why dont they do this to trump? He LIES. And shes all acting worried about the country.

I don't understand what she was trying to get with the absentee voting questions especially after he told her its state law sis. Passed by GOP.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-05-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Did CBR edit out k o m p r o m a t ? What a weird word to exclude. Did the have their algorithm written in Russia?
    I reported it to the Q&A thread.

The word will become more important once the secrets of the Trump era GOP come out.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

About the Georgia Elections today. Here’s my prediction - Either Republicans maintain control of the Senate by just having David Perdue defeat Jon Ossoff or both Perdue and Loeffler beat Warnock/Ossoff.

Either way, the Dems aren’t taking control of the senate today. They’re going to lose. And Mitch McConnell will unfortunately remain Senate Majority Leader. Which will make Biden’s first term as President be as effective as Obama’s second term - thanks to a hostile GOP controlled senate.

But man, do I hope this post I’m making ages poorly in the next few hours.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-05-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    About the Georgia Elections today. Here’s my prediction Either Republicans maintain control of the Senate by just having David Perdue defeat Jon Ossoff or both Perdue and Loeffler beat Warnock/Ossoff.

Either way, the Dems aren’t taking control of the senate today. They’re going to lose.

But man, do I hope this post I’m making ages poorly in the next few hours...
    I think you are more than likely right. But it is close and turnout will decide it. The GOP plan is clear, do as much harm as possible and then blame Biden in order to win back the House in 2022. Unfortunately, so many Americans are ignorant to how Government works this plan has every chance to succeed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Drama in the Pennsylvania State Senate as they swear in the winners.
    Pa. Senate Republicans refuse to seat Democrat Brewster in contentious swearing-in ceremony

SO Brewster won the vote, he won legal challenges, he was certified by the state. But the PA GOP refuse to swear him in. THEN they vote to remove the LT. Governor from the chamber who Presides over this because he tried to follow the law and swear Brewster in.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Drama in the Pennsylvania State Senate as they swear in the winners.
    Pa. Senate Republicans refuse to seat Democrat Brewster in contentious swearing-in ceremony

SO Brewster won the vote, he won legal challenges, he was certified by the state. But the PA GOP refuse to swear him in. THEN they vote to remove the LT. Governor from the chamber who Presides over this because he tried to follow the law and swear Brewster in.
    If the GOP had won the House, we would see the same thing played out in Washington. They are overt now in there anti-democracy power grabs.

Here is the sad thing, this is all so anti-American, anti-democratic and will do real harm to our country, yet not a single GOP voter will turn away from their treasonous Party. We now see with Trump that there is no crime, no treasonous act, no destructive behavior, no amount of death and ruin that will open the eyes of GOP voters.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-05-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

If the GOP had won the House, we would see the same thing played out in Washington. They are overt now in there anti-democracy power grabs.
    Exactly what I was thinking. This is what they want to happen with the Presidency . Its literally what Trump is asking Pence to do. Screw the law just do what you want

Ultimate Member

I don't see Biden being more than a one term president, every time that I see him on tv he looks older and older...be kind of surprised if he even makes it through the term, whether from a physical or mental problem, and no I don't mean that someone kills him or even that he dies in office...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't see Biden being more than a one term president, every time that I see him on tv he looks older and older...be kind of surprised if he even makes it through the term, whether from a physical or mental problem, and no I don't mean that someone kills him or even that he dies in office...
    The office ages people who aren't sociopaths, so his future isn't bright

But I believe he's said that he only intends to serve one term, all the same

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I’m thinking the same thing. I think Biden with one term can do a lot of great things especially if the Dems can win control of the senate(very unlikely to happen). I won’t rule out Biden going beyond one term, but I wouldn’t exactly hold my breath on him being a two-term President anytime.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.