Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't see Biden being more than a one term president, every time that I see him on tv he looks older and older...be kind of surprised if he even makes it through the term, whether from a physical or mental problem, and no I don't mean that someone kills him or even that he dies in office...
    I don't think he plans to run for a second term anyways .
    Dark does not mean deep.

528C3B56-CA5A-46C8-9C76-3FF9D284535A.jpg

Isn’t this your [Russian kleptocrat]’s recipe?!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Drama in the Pennsylvania State Senate as they swear in the winners.
    Pa. Senate Republicans refuse to seat Democrat Brewster in contentious swearing-in ceremony

SO Brewster won the vote, he won legal challenges, he was certified by the state. But the PA GOP refuse to swear him in. THEN they vote to remove the LT. Governor from the chamber who Presides over this because he tried to follow the law and swear Brewster in.
    It's almost as if the Republican Party reject democracy at every level unless they win.

Wait, that's exactly what it is.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The office ages people who aren't sociopaths, so his future isn't bright

But I believe he's said that he only intends to serve one term, all the same
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's almost as if the Republican Party reject democracy at every level unless they win.

Wait, that's exactly what it is.
    There's a story on CNN (I can't find the link at the moment; I'm viewing it on Twitter) where Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia said "I think our secretary of state has failed Georgia. I believe our elections should be decertified." When asked if doing so would then impact her and other Georgia Republicans, who were all elected on the same ballot, Greene said "We're just talking about the President's race."

Jesus Christ....

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m thinking the same thing. I think Biden with one term can do a lot of great things especially if the Dems can win control of the senate(very unlikely to happen). I won’t rule out Biden going beyond one term, but I wouldn’t exactly hold my breath on him being a two-term President anytime.
    Consider him a bridge to take us from the Fire Pit of Trumpian Chaos to, hopefully, something closer to a sane and functioning government. I'm okay if he is only a one term president, with any luck the next one after him won't be a crazy Trumpian madman or madwoman. Hopefully Harris or someone as sane as her will follow Biden. Fingers crossed.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I think the GOP voters will pick Trump 2.0 in 2024.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

I have a feeling that Biden will go as far as he can and then turn things over to Harris, one of the reasons why she is his vice president, though I'm not a fan of Biden but not a firm defender of Trump either, much of what he says I just ignore...I just fear that Biden will go overboard in trying to change things and make everybody love us again...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Biden will do what he can and use the power of the office to reverse many things he can do. He will get the vaccine situation sorted and push for things. He will have to battle a Republican Senate of course. Its gonna be hard and if 2024 sees Republicans back in control they will hurt things worse. (We may have to wait til 2028 til everything is totally fucked for people to turn the Senate , House and President back to Democrat as sad as this sounds)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Biden will do what he can and use the power of the office to reverse many things he can do. He will get the vaccine situation sorted and push for things. He will have to battle a Republican Senate of course. Its gonna be hard and if 2024 sees Republicans back in control they will hurt things worse. (We may have to wait til 2028 til everything is totally fucked for people to turn the Senate , House and President back to Democrat as sad as this sounds)
    I'm afraid that if the Republicans manage another trifecta then American democracy is finished, there won't be a chance to reset in the following presidential election.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think you are more than likely right. But it is close and turnout will decide it. The GOP plan is clear, do as much harm as possible and then blame Biden in order to win back the House in 2022. Unfortunately, so many Americans are ignorant to how Government works this plan has every chance to succeed.
    I think Warnock will likely defeat Loeffler, but Ossoff will lose to David Perdue(who actually got more votes than him in November only coming up short of the required 50% needed to win). The GOP will retain its control of the senate which means Biden will have to figure out a way to work through Republican obstructionism lead by Mitch McConnell.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-05-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Republicans had an immoral war, almost lost an American city and Crashed the economy, yet in 2010 they gave them back the Congress. I don't trust the American voter to understand why things are screwed up. 70 million thought Trump did a great job with COVID.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think you are more than likely right. But it is close and turnout will decide it. The GOP plan is clear, do as much harm as possible and then blame Biden in order to win back the House in 2022. Unfortunately, so many Americans are ignorant to how Government works this plan has every chance to succeed.
    Of course. Like how more people will die from the plague in the first 4 months of Biden's presidency than the last 10 months of Trump's, we'll be hearing a lot about that for years.

Astonishing Member

Here’s a good prediction for the outcome of the Georgia election that I pretty much agree with.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

While I'd hope that the Dems pic those seats up, if they don't?

It's probably time for Biden to hit Sanders up for that plan to deal with Congress.

Noticed this. Wish I could say it was a surprise...

https://nypost.com/2021/01/05/kamala...-mlk-anecdote/

Kamala Harris appears to repeatedly plagiarize MLK anecdote
    A story Vice President-elect Kamala Harris told in a months-old magazine interview about her childhood has resurfaced after readers noticed parallels to a story told by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1965.

Speaking to Elle magazine for its October cover story, Harris detailed a time when she became separated from her parents at a civil rights march in Oakland, Calif.

At the point in her story when Harris’ parents found their lost daughter, the account begins to sound similar to a tale told by the great civil rights leader.

“My mother tells the story about how I’m fussing, and she’s like, ‘Baby, what do you want? What do you need?’ And I just looked at her and I said, ‘Fweedom,’” Harris told the magazine.

Harris told the same story in the preface of her 2010 book “Smart on Crime,” writing how her mother used to laugh while telling others about the moment. She also referenced it in her 2019 book “The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.”
    The interview, while months old, resurfaced on Twitter this week when multiple users noticed the uncanny similarities the story had to one told by MLK during a January 1965 interview with Playboy magazine.

In the piece, the civil rights icon recalled a moment he witnessed between a young black girl and a white police officer.

“I will never forget a moment in Birmingham when a White policeman accosted a little Negro girl, seven or eight years old, who was walking in a demonstration with her mother,” King told the magazine.

“‘What do you want?’ the policeman asked her gruffly, and the little girl looked at him straight in the eye and answered, ‘Fee-dom,'” he continued.

“She couldn’t even pronounce it, but she knew. It was beautiful! Many times when I have been in sorely trying situations, the memory of that little one has come into my mind, and has buoyed me.”