BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    So. Was today basically The Battle Of Hogwarts?
    Nope. Any of the school-shootings over the last decade fits that.

Today was a failed attempt at real-life supervillainy.

What makes it disturbing is the scale and impact of what was done, and the context in which was done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump is kicked off both Facebook and Twitter.

Somebody alert MySpace! They have a crazy man inbound.
    Anybody left supporting Trump better lawyer up because Dominion will probably gather everyone's evidence by the time Biden is giving out better news about vaccination rollout.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    So. Was today basically The Battle Of Hogwarts?
    Not sure I ever watched that that but I might be able to if my local theaters can overcome COVID the actual ruler of 2020 that wasn't Trump.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ingraham on her show is making the woman who was killed the victim of a mad police force and she was doing nothing wrong.

I am sorry that a person list her life. But had she not been trying to break into the house chamber she would still be alive. She is not a victim.
    Yet when we try to apply this logic to Rittenhouse case-folks like Ingraham will say HE was a victim.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i was alone amongst my friends to speak out when the BLM protests turned into riots and looting. i have never approved of such actions because it muddles the messages that's being sent.

that being said, the BLM protests were about systemic racism and how the lives of african americans such as myself didn't seem to have any value by law enforcement. this.......ahem......."protest" was about a bunch of nutjobs pissed over of a supposed "stolen election" of their cult leader/wannabe dictator who sparked this mess and fanned the flames.

the difference? you'd never see a BLM protest get even half as out of hand as this one did today.

we protest over racial injustice.

they "protest" because they didn't get their way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As for the woman that got killed it's sad...
    She shouldn't of been there. It's not like she was standing on the street and got caught by a stray bullet. She went into a federal building during a riot breaking in it.

Astonishing Member

All politicians (aside from Trump) and the places where they do business, like congress, need maximum security ASAP. This can't be allowed to happen again. No more no security or a skeleton crew, too much is at stake.

Invincible Member

Hmm...it's going to get real interesting when more news about the woman who got shot and who's responsible comes out.

Invincible Member

Also, it's pretty funny...I remember a lot of conservative pundits going on about how Antifa was going to riot if Biden lost. Now that it's Trump fanatics rioting, somehow Antifa is still behind it all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    All politicians (aside from Trump) and the places where they do business, like congress, need maximum security ASAP. This can't be allowed to happen again. No more no security or a skeleton crew, too much is at stake.
    The police was sufficient enough to repulse the protestors. Numerically the protestors weren't big. They seem big on camera but, using a stadium as a measure they aren't enough to fill a stand.

The police f--ked things badly by letting these protestors get as far as they did and treating them with a light touch and...being very charitable here*...they completely misread the occassion and the seriousness of the stakes.

This was a security failure and incompetence and not necessarily a case of too little security. If the police treated them a quarter of how badly they treated BLM this wouldn't have gotten as far as it did.

* I say charitable in assuming the police had the best of intentions to safeguard the lives of all US Congressmen and I am sure that senior officials and others never intended outright treason, yet at the same time, I can't not imagine the light touch is a result of their collusion with Trump and falling on him calling for a march to Congress.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hmm...it's going to get real interesting when more news about the woman who got shot and who's responsible comes out.
    She's a 14 year air force veteran with 4 tours and also a Trump supporter who was shot by the popo

Astonishing Member

How are these morons still objecting not embarrassed?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    How are these morons still objecting not embarrassed?
    Shame isn't seletively pressured in con gene pools.

Astonishing Member

It’s now being reported that actually four people died in the Capitol break-in fiasco; one person from a gun shot, the other three from “medical emergencies.”
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Lol the fucking cops were like come on in and opened the gates and took selfies. Trump wouldn’t call in the national guard. A lack of defense wasn’t really the issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm saying that neither instance was right...
    An innocent man was killed and people took the streets to protest and rightfully so. Some protests got violent and there was property damage. Law enforcement and some vigilantes clashed with said violent protesters. Everyone condemned the violence but the guys on the right kept harping on how these people don’t have a right to protest at all. Probably because it was a black man that was killed.

Fast forward to last night, an election was held, one of the best in the nations history but some good ol boys can’t accept this. They simply don’t understand that outside their bullshit white inner circle of bigoted friends that Trump simply isn’t a popular President. They’ve created a parallel reality like spoiled babies in which Trump somehow didn’t lose an election that wasn’t really all that close. Now, these childish morons didn’t just take to the streets to protest, they went to the corridors of power and literally tried to take over the Capitol building to disrupt a peaceful transfer of power. This was a coup attempt and the whole world saw this.Law enforcement pretty much enabled this because majority of these terrorists are white as rice.

You’re literally comparing a coup attempt to a protest around the lynching of an unarmed man. It seems you really support these terrorists and I can’t for the life of me understand why.