Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    GOP West Virginia state delegate live-streams as he storms Congress with pro-Trump mob: ‘We’re going in!’

I know he's already been mentioned, but seesh. These people act like they are above the law. Lets' hope that isn't the case.
    Let's hope this isn't the case she says, Tami I dig about as much as I can dig a longtime boardmate so this is not a jab against you but this type of attitude compounds on itself and it's a part of why we still go through things like this. African-Americans know more about White folks than White folks fully understand about White folks. Hope is not a luxury we have. 'These people' are above the law, the law that that seems to be changing in large part to Black turnout in the process. Without that component, the component that says you can argue votes from African-Americans don't and shouldn't count, you gut 2/3rds of Trumps influence over 'these people'. Even the term 'working class whites' is a slight because there's an assumption to many that doesn't and shouldn't include working African-American's.

I'm not someone who distrusts the media at large, I rock with 3 or 4 outlets and I get this flavor at times from all of them at one time or another. That don't make it right but I realize it and I hope you get what I'm saying.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Let's hope this isn't the case she says, Tami I dig about as much as I can dig a longtime boardmate so this is not a jab against you but this type of attitude compounds on itself and it's a part of why we still go through things like this. African-Americans know more about White folks than White folks fully understand about White folks. Hope is not a luxury we have. 'These people' are above the law, the law that that seems to be changing in large part to Black turnout in the process. Without that component, the component that says you can argue votes from African-Americans don't and shouldn't count, you gut 2/3rds of Trumps influence over 'these people'. Even the term 'working class whites' is a slight because there's an assumption to many that doesn't and shouldn't include working African-American's.

I'm not someone who distrusts the media at large, I rock with 3 or 4 outlets and I get this flavor at times from all of them at one time or another. That don't make it right but I realize it and I hope you get what I'm saying.
    Let me rephrase this, 'This should not be the case.'

I understand what you are saying. We as a country have a whole lot of work ahead of us. I'm pulling out my hair in frustration at how bizarre and unbalanced everything is. I understand that this is not a new thing, but I can't speak to the past only the present. And right now we really need to fix this broken system, somehow.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meanwhile, COVID-19 hasn’t gone away, and it’s been reported that a case of the more contagious variant of the virus from Britain has been reported here in Pennsylvania, out in the western half of the state near Harrisburg. I believe that makes four or five states where the new variant has popped up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Still amused that you think other countries' governments convene in caves, enemy or no.
    That's nice

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    She's a 14 year air force veteran with 4 tours and also a Trump supporter who was shot by the popo
    Ha! As such she's tailor made to become a martyr for the right wing extremists and seems to be on her way to doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Let me rephrase this, 'This should not be the case.'

I understand what you are saying. We as a country have a whole lot of work ahead of us. I'm pulling out my hair in frustration at how bizarre and unbalanced everything is. I understand that this is not a new thing, but I can't speak to the past only the present. And right now we really need to fix this broken system, somehow.
    Fair enough, although I'd add imo not speaking to the past is how we're here.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This means nothing. This man is just trying to save face. Yet last year he was going on and on about how Covid was a Dem hoax. Yet people pretend he has some kind of moral high ground.
    People who jumped off the Trump bandwagon only after it was clear he had lost the election should get no credit. They should have disassociated themselves from this narcissist, fascist madman the moment they saw that's what he was.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All the more reason to invoke the 25th amendment and get rid of Trump immediately, because while he’s been banned from Twitter and Facebook, he still has access to the goddamn nuclear codes. That was troubling enough when he was still in whatever passed for a rational frame of mind, now that his whole world officially crashed and burned this morning with the ratification of Joe Biden as the next president, heaven only knows what the bastard might do next.
    he probably couldn't order a nuclear strike, surely ? Or if he did he wouldn't be obeyed. Then again, what happened yesterday should have bee, impossible so who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    While Trump may have played a role in this I think this shows more about online radicalization. This is not the first time people went on an online political-related rant, made some threats, and actually acted on them. But the media will act like it's completely new. Even if Trump never won the elections this would still be an issue because of the way the internet has become a pressure cooker for these things.
    Something very much like this has been building since the 1990s at least and certainly by 2000 when people like Limbaugh were preemptively claiming there would be voter fraud in the 2000 election. Even then, there were people claiming they would not believe the results if Gore won. The only difference is that people in government were not making such an accusation.

But people have been primed to believe this sort of thing for years and it only took one person- who keeps claiming he's not a politician when he's the ultimate politician- to realize he could make any baseless claim and it would be believed by his confirmation biased cult. He's already had four years of testing this and seeing that he can say absolutely anything and they'll believe it. In fact, he can change what he says, such as saying it's all a hoax and then that it's serious, then that it's not that serious, and, with true fundamentalist religious fervor, people will say they see no contradictions there. According to them, all of the experts, infectious disease experts, Cyber Security experts, judges including Conservative judges and even Conservative judges Trump appointed are all deluded or lying and he's telling the truth against all the evidence. It is quite literally a religion.

But, in all of this, absolutely, I don't think this could happen without the mass media we have today, probably it couldn't have happened without the Internet. It certainly could not have happened without "News Networks". In the days of three networks and the national news from 6:30 to 7 in the evening and that was it, there simply was no forum for this sort of lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    he probably couldn't order a nuclear strike, surely ? Or if he did he wouldn't be obeyed. Then again, what happened yesterday should have bee, impossible so who knows ?
    At this point, I don't think it would be obeyed. Anyone he made charges against for it would know that those charges would be dropped in less than two weeks, pardoned by Biden if necessary and thanked for saving us from disaster.

MAGA culture deserves to be mercilessly clowned from now on. they vote for the worst in anti-intellectual grifters, from the city level to county officials to state legislatures, to governors to congressional officials. Their worldview has to be directly challenged as BS, period..

I suspect that "the spirit of bipartisanship" will preempt any notion to kick out the Senators and Representatives who still supported rejecting the electoral college results, but at minimum, I hope these morons can get aired out and censured.

When Senators Warnock and Ossoff are seated, there has to be a sense of urgency to get as many helpful bills passed as possible, prioritizing people from racial minority and vulnerable communities in general. I don't give a damn about the accusations of "liberal overreach"--- Republicans have no moral standing to howl about that anymore.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oregon's lone Republican congressman is an absolute profile in courage.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp
    Eastern Oregon is... unique.

That's a nice way to say "filled with assholes".

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    MAGA culture deserves to be mercilessly clowned from now on. they vote for the worst in anti-intellectual grifters, from the city level to county officials to state legislatures, to governors to congressional officials. Their worldview has to be directly challenged as BS, period..

I suspect that "the spirit of bipartisanship" will preempt any notion to kick out the Senators and Representatives who still supported rejecting the electoral college results, but at minimum, I hope these morons can get aired out and censured.

When Senators Warnock and Ossoff are seated, there has to be a sense of urgency to get as many helpful bills passed as possible, prioritizing people from racial minority and vulnerable communities in general. I don't give a damn about the accusations of "liberal overreach"--- Republicans have no moral standing to howl about that anymore.
    You know, I consider myself to be a centrist and before yesterday I would have voiced some reservations about "liberal overreach," but now? I don't care. The Biden Administration and the Democratic majority in Congress needs to absolutely steamroll the GOP and GOP voters for at least the next 2 years. Hopefully for longer than that.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    People who jumped off the Trump bandwagon only after it was clear he had lost the election should get no credit. They should have disassociated themselves from this narcissist, fascist madman the moment they saw that's what he was.
    This is true. These are the people who did nothing as Trump down played Covid, agreed with him when he was talking about sending us troops into cities to put down protests, talked about how strong of a leader he was when he had peaceful protesters gassed so he could hold a bible upside down in front of a church he does not go to, supported his lies about a stolen election, cheered him on when he said what three days ago that he and his followers were going to take back America at this rally.

And yet now these people are the most upstanding people in America because after a failed coup they decide they had enough. All of these people who are resigning and all the people who talk about how great it is need to go to Hell.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is true. These are the people who did nothing as Trump down played Covid, agreed with him when he was talking about sending us troops into cities to put down protests, talked about how strong of a leader he was when he had peaceful protesters gassed so he could hold a bible upside down in front of a church he does not go to, supported his lies about a stolen election, cheered him on when he said what three days ago that he and his followers were going to take back America at this rally.

And yet now these people are the most upstanding people in America because after a failed coup they decide they had enough. All of these people who are resigning and all the people who talk about how great it is need to go to Hell.
    Agreed.

It took a near "getting seriously fucked up" experience for some GOP members in the house to wake up to Trump's nonsense. These clowns deserve no credit, how many innocent minorities have been severely injured or killed due to Trump's out of control rhetoric? How about those kids in cages? The families separated? Are they only just now realizing how damaging Trump's crap has been to the country?

Trump has successfully gaslighted himself, the GOP were supposed to know better. But then again the modern GOP is all about owning the libs but to quote a wise man "they played themselves".