Trump is the worst modern president. I don’t know where I put that cutoff, though. Is it post Nixon... ?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump himself has been quiet. Yes they blocked Facebook and Twitter. But he is still the President (Even if it is just in title at his point.) He can have an outlet to speak when ever he wants. Hell he can get on Fox News with in 30 seconds. Lets be honest any network not just Fox News would jump over their mothers to have him on air today if he reached out.

I wonder if him being quiet is him knowing that he fucked up bad, or if his people are showing some balls and have him locked in a room somewhere.
    It may have dawned on him that attempting to overthrow the government of United States of America and declare himself emperor may not look good with a Southern District of New York jury. He can't play the victim card since he now is responsible for a failed coup. He already had a ton of lawmakers waiting for him to leave the security of the presidency so they can pounce. Now people who were on the fence about prosecuting him are out for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    He is banned through the end of his term.
    I saw that he's been banned from Facebook and Instagram until his term is over but I don't see any news about a ban from Twitter (besides the 12 hour ban).
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-07-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump himself has been quiet. Yes they blocked Facebook and Twitter. But he is still the President (Even if it is just in title at his point.) He can have an outlet to speak when ever he wants. Hell he can get on Fox News with in 30 seconds. Lets be honest any network not just Fox News would jump over their mothers to have him on air today if he reached out.

I wonder if him being quiet is him knowing that he fucked up bad, or if his people are showing some balls and have him locked in a room somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    In his four years of office this is the only time he has been silent. I think even he knows how bad he screwed up yesterday and now that he can no longer challenge the election, there really isn't much he can say. But I definitely want to see him try to act "presidential" to try and save face in his last days lol.
    The only reason Trump’s been silent is because he doesn’t have a platform to spew his bullshit, nothing more complicated than that. As for the notion that he thinks he screwed up, that’s debatable too, in four years as president, he’s never admitted being wrong about anything, so it’s unlikely he’ll own up to what happened yesterday.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It may have dawned on him that attempting to over through the United States of America and declare himself emperor may not look good with a Southern District of New York jury. He can't play the victim card since he now is responsible for a failed coup.

I saw that he's been banned from Facebook and Instagram until his term is over but I don't see any news about a ban from Twitter (besides the 12 hour ban).
    I would prefer that he'd be banned from Facebook and Twitter for life, but of course, "private enterprise", etc. I actually don't mind the prospect of Facebook being broken up for monopoly concerns.

I still hope that 45 gets hit with some substantive criminal charges in the near future, when he can't cling to bogus claims about audits or presidential immunity.

when MAGA-geddon happened yesterday, I was outdone. Not to say that I wasn’t outdone throughout these past four years of mayhem and madness, but it seemed to be a perversely-appropriate climax to all the hate-furnace-stoking that Mr. 45 and the Tea Party coterie have facilitated for years now.

It is so galling that several Republicans still want to treat this incident like there were a couple of parking lot fender-benders or even just an ultra-isolated scuffle between a handful of people. This can't stand. I'll be writing to my own congressional reps and Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Not that any of you folks are buying into the "it was Antifa!" malarkey, but yours truly in Montana finds himself in the bizarre position of having definitive proof that it wasn't Antifa. One of the seditionists who made it all the way into the Capitol building and was photographed therein is a local from the town where I attended college. A die-hard Trumper who has painted several Qanon-themed murals throughout the town.
    That's amazing.

My favorite "It was Antifa" moment was when they found a picture from during the invasion of a guy with a hammer and sickle tattoo. Clearly he must be a Communist, and thus can't be MAGA.
    Only it turns out it wasn't a hammer and sickle, it was the logo from a videogame and he was aparenlty just some Gamergate troll. The internet's wild today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Seems like years ago that some kid here said Reagan was worse.
    I said Bush was still worse, but that was before 2020 happened.

Though really him, both Bushes, and Reagan are all part of the same shitty dynasty anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It may have dawned on him that attempting to overthrow the government of United States of America and declare himself emperor may not look good with a Southern District of New York jury. He can't play the victim card since he now is responsible for a failed coup. He already had a ton of lawmakers waiting for him to leave the security of the presidency so they can pounce. Now people who were on the fence about prosecuting him are out for blood.

Shopify closes e-commerce sites tied to Trump, including campaign store.

Simon & Schuster faces calls to drop Senator Hawley’s book.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The only reason Trump’s been silent is because he doesn’t have a platform to spew his bullshit, nothing more complicated than that. As for the notion that he thinks he screwed up, that’s debatable too, in four years as president, he’s never admitted being wrong about anything, so it’s unlikely he’ll own up to what happened yesterday.
    Saying he does not have a platform is not all the way true. he can go to Fox News any time he wants. Do you think NBC or CNN would turn down the chance to talk to him the day after a failed coup. he may not think he fucked up. But he has all kinds of platforms.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Poll: Majority of Republicans blame Biden for mob storming the Capitol

No surprise. I’m seeing in my twitter feed a lot of conservative supporters who think Biden somehow got antifa to masquerade as Trump voters in order to make Trump look bad.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-07-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Oh I thought Twitter was end of term, too.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I said Bush was still worse, but that was before 2020 happened.

Though really him, both Bushes, and Reagan are all part of the same shitty dynasty anyways.
    Even through 2020, I would have said Bush. Now, sending terrorists to drive the legislature out of the halls of Congress to keep himself in office is going to be a tough one to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Trump is the worst modern president. I don’t know where I put that cutoff, though. Is it post Nixon... ?
    He is worse than Nixon. We can back to Hoover if you want.

Trump is the new cutoff.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They also hate black people, women’s rights, gay rights, health care, and getting anything in return for the taxes they hate paying and think a world wide pandemic is a hoax, so it’s hard to take too much stock in their opinions, but it is frightening how stupid half the country is.

Worst President is tricky, because you have to take history into account. Was the Civil War (Buchannan) worse that the Great Depression (Hoover)? Were the Watergate lies worse than the Iraq War lies?
    But there can be no doubt, Trump is the worst person to ever occupy the Oval Office. His immorality, criminality, treason and incompetence puts him at the bottom of all the other men.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Poll: Majority of Republicans blame Biden for mob storming the Capitol

No surprise. I’m seeing in my twitter feed a lot of conservative supporters who think Biden somehow got antifa to masquerade as Trump voters in order to make Trump look bad.
    Weren't the majority of Republicans fine with the state of the COVID-smashed economy, and the amount of dead people from it, because they couldn't possibly turn around and blame the sitting Republican president during it?

Yeah **** their feelings, only useful as a reminder/motivating factor for future elections. I can only hope they continue to be stupid enough to believe the system is rigged and drop their votes for guns/coup attempts.