Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He is worse than Nixon. We can back to Hoover if you want.

Trump is the new cutoff.
    I think you may have to roll all the way back to Jackson to even find anybody in his League.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Poll: Majority of Republicans blame Biden for mob storming the Capitol

No surprise. I’m seeing in my twitter feed a lot of conservative supporters who think Biden somehow got antifa to masquerade as Trump voters in order to make Trump look bad.
    These "republican" trump supporters are the dumbest people I swear. How was yesterday's events even remotely Biden's fault???? Trump was the one hyping his cult base up to do that crap. What in the world.........

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Poll: Majority of Republicans blame Biden for mob storming the Capitol

No surprise. I’m seeing in my twitter feed a lot of conservative supporters who think Biden somehow got antifa to masquerade as Trump voters in order to make Trump look bad.
    My aunt is running with this. I pointed out you cant say a group of people like Antifa is responsible when for days these dumbasses have been all over social media about going o the rally and live streamed breaking into the capital and took pictures of themselves sitting at Pelosi's desk.

of course the pictures are fake and photoshopped, the vids are deep fakes, and the posts of social were because their accounts were hacked days ago.

All of yesterday and today I have just ignored her. There is no explaining, there is no way to have a calm reasonable talk with her.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My aunt is running with this. I pointed out you cant say a group of people like Antifa is responsible when for days these dumbasses have been all over social media about going o the rally and live streamed breaking into the capital and took pictures of themselves sitting at Pelosi's desk.

of course the pictures are fake and photoshopped, the vids are deep fakes, and the posts of social were because their accounts were hacked days ago.

All of yesterday and today I have just ignored her. There is no explaining, there is no way to have a calm reasonable talk with her.
    Can you recommend she get psychiatric care?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can you recommend she get psychiatric care?
    Oh I have. But she is not crazy. She is the only sane one in the house because she is the only one who sees what is really going on.

I was told I dont know anything about politics or the government. I will read what I sow when Biden takes office. I cant have an open talk because I am so one sided on Biden and the Dems that I can not look fairly at the other side like she can.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Sounds like my parents.

Fox News is why they don't see their grandkids as much anymore.

Even my kiddos don't like what they say.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sounds like my parents.

Fox News is why they don't see their grandkids as much anymore.

Even my kiddos don't like what they say.
    She is spitting nails since I blocked fake news with my parental controls.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She is spitting nails since I blocked fake news with my parental controls.
    I fucking adore that you did this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Worst President is tricky, because you have to take history into account. Was the Civil War (Buchannan) worse that the Great Depression (Hoover)? Were the Watergate lies worse than the Iraq War lies?
    But there can be no doubt, Trump is the worst person to ever occupy the Oval Office. His immorality, criminality, treason and incompetence puts him at the bottom of all the other men.
    The thing about these other Presidents is that the crises of their governments cannot be solely or entirely blamed on them.

-- The Great Depression woulda happened with and without Hoover. His handling was terrible and atrocious and he deserved his historical rejection (defeat is putting it mildly considering the scale of FDR's landslide*) but again that wasn't a crisis he created.
    -- Slavery is a inheritance that goes back to the Founding Fathers...George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and so on and so forth all deserve blame for the outbreak of the US Civil War since it was their actions, their compromise, their corrupton (personal corruption in the case of Jefferson considering his relationship with his own slave Sally Hemmings, which amounts to rape let's be real). Thanks to the founding fathers, slavery was never gonna end in America without violence and civil war. So while Buchanan is to be condemned for his cowardice, I don't think there was anything he could have done to prevented the civil war.
    -- in the case of Nixon, yeah Watergate is all on him...but the stuff leading up to Watergate i.e. the Pentagon Papers about Vietnam, his bombing campaigns and so on...those were crises he inherited. In the case of W., the Iraq War is on him, but 9/11 would likely have happened regardless of who became President. Al Gore might not have led America into Iraq but short of being omniscience and omnipotent, or having the best intuition in terms of prioritizing intelligence and reading the signs and entrails, or sheer dumb luck, I don't think one can say 9/11 would be butterflied away either.

With Trump...he inherited a strong economy from Obama, he inherited a competent state apparatus, he inherited a capable CDC and pandemic preparedness...and he sunk it down the sewer. The crises of his Presidency was all created by him. Sure COVID-19 happens even under HRC but it would not have gotten so out of hand. HRC would not have protested an election defeat or call supporters to storm Capitol Dome.

So yeah, I'd call Trump the worst President in American history. He's not as murderous as Andrew Jackson or as exploitative of human misery as practically everyone from Washington and Jefferson to around Lincoln...but those men grew up in a culture and society that normalized all that they did and do, Trump came in peacetime and unleashed American carnage, he denied the best scientific principles to magnify a death-toll significantly worse than it should have been. One can explain a white supremacist in the 19th Century as a "product of his time" but in the 21st Century, one would simply have to be called evil. I'm not religious but Lazarus and Dives, that parable covers it, it's not forgivable to pardon someone after they do evil after knowing the laws of society. It's not forgivable to be a racist after the Civil Rights Movement and essentially attempt to undo or reverse things.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I fucking adore that you did this!
    I hated to do it as I am against censorship. But in this case after last night and today where they fell all over themselves go defend these people and Trump. Call these people heroes and the woman who was killed a martyr.

It was no longer a case of censorship. it was a case of shutting down a network of people who are promoting the violent over throw of our government.

This woman just can’t even believe she got pepper sprayed (“maced” lol). I mean all she was trying to do was commit acts of terrorism against the United States and they had the audacity to pepper spray her! The injustice has no end for this poor poor woman.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hunterw/s...epper-spray%2F

Haha and she’s stupid enough to state her name and home town. Good luck with your life lady.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This woman just can’t even believe she got pepper sprayed (“maced” lol). I mean all she was trying to do was commit acts of terrorism against the United States and they had the audacity to pepper spray her! The injustice has no end for this poor poor woman.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hunterw/s...epper-spray%2F

Haha and she’s stupid enough to state her name and home town. Good luck with your life lady.
    She should count her blessings we don't live in a time and place where the maces they'd be going at her with for trying to overthrow a rightful ruler would be the spiky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    She should count her blessings we don't live in a time and place where the maces they'd be going at her with for trying to overthrow a rightful ruler would be the spiky ones.
    People on Twitter are pointing out that she was a rubbing her eyes with a onion!

She admitted to a federal crime and stated her name and where she lives. Still nothing will probably happen to her. This is America.

Trump's crimes include:
    Tax fraud
    Bank fraud
    Charity fraud
    Insurance fraud
    Racketeering
    Obstruction of justice
    Obstruction of Congress
    Violations of campaign finance laws
    Perjury
    Suborning perjury
    Sexual Harassment
    Money laundering
    Bribery
    Misappropriation of federal funds
    RICO violations

Now, you can add sedition and incitement to riot to the list. Trump is not just a criminal, he's a career criminal and the head of a crime family. Trump is no different than John Gotti, Fat Tony Salerno, or Paul Castellano. He has a long record of association with the mob and tried to be just like them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Trump is the worst modern president. I don’t know where I put that cutoff, though. Is it post Nixon... ?
    He is without doubt. His legacy is that of total failure.

The economy’s crashed, racial and social tensions are at an all time high, the coronavirus has killed hundreds of thousands of people and the US standing in the world is at an all time low.

Trump lost the popular vote twice, the GOP lost the house and now the senate. The 3 arms of the government. The whole MAGA thing has been a smoldering failure that only got any traction because of the somewhat archaic Presidential election system the US is using.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-07-2021 at 02:16 PM.