BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Trump lost the popular vote twice, the GOP lost the house and now the senate. The 3 arms of the government.
    That's only two arms, and it's an important distinction. What the GOP got in return for licking Trump's shoes is the third arm. For a long, long time. Despite all the outrage expressed today, they consider they ultimately came out of this all winning.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 01-07-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    That's only two arms, and it's an important distinction. What the GOP got in return for licking Trump's shoes is the third arm. For a long, long time. Despite all the outrage expressed today, they consider they ultimately came out of this all winning.
    Sadly for the Gop they do see this as a win. They can have some members bash Trump and go on record as having gone against him. This will make them look more level headed and rational. Then you have the group like Howley and Cruz who still kiss Trumps ass and pander to his base. So now they can play both sides. Once they see which group will get better traction they will go in on that group. So they can play both sides and on one hand win back the moderate rational voters while keeping the nut job fire eaters on the other hand.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Trump is the first one-term president since Herbert Hoover to end his term with his party losing the Presidency, House and Senate majority.

And Hoover for all his immense flaws didn't cause the Great Depression. Trump is personally and individually responsible for everything bad in America right now.

GOP is a dumpster fire right now. Mitch does not care. h lost the Senate and will have little power but he got the courts packed so he is happy. Cruz and Howley are doing their best to court Trumpers and be Trump 2.0, Lindsey Graham people say did the right thing and gave a good speech last night but that man changes his position so often he is doing the Senate karma Sutra.

I would like to see the level headed GOP who are speaking out today take over. I still feel the party will be split for awhile but in the end I am thinking Cruz, Howley and their fire-eaters will be the future of the GOP post Trump.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hell, at least nixon was smart enough to resign when **** came down on him. he knew he fucked up and was at least man enough to step down like he did.

trump kept spouting lies about how the election was stolen and has tried to subvert the results to keep himself in power.

BANNED

“This is not America,” a woman said to a small group, her voice shaking. She was crying, hysterical. “They’re shooting at us. They’re supposed to shoot BLM, but they’re shooting the patriots.”

A man, possibly her husband, comforted her: “Don’t worry, honey. We showed them today. We showed them what we’re all about.”
    https://www.thenation.com/article/po...on-explosions/

But yeah, no racist component to this at all.

BANNED

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...on-explosions/

But yeah, no racist component to this at all.
    This is America, from an artist from newly liberated blue state GA:

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hated to do it as I am against censorship. But in this case after last night and today where they fell all over themselves go defend these people and Trump. Call these people heroes and the woman who was killed a martyr.

It was no longer a case of censorship. it was a case of shutting down a network of people who are promoting the violent over throw of our government.
    I mean, shutting down a propaganda network is censorship, but sometimes censoring things is okay. Propaganda networks should be shut down. Propaganda is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I mean, shutting down a propaganda network is censorship, but sometimes censoring things is okay. Propaganda networks should be shut down. Propaganda is bad.
    If it was just a propaganda network I really wouldnt be upset. Every party has a propaganda network on some level. But last night and today they have passed that and become a network that promotes attacking our government. To be honest it has been that way for awhile just last night was too much to bare.

I think its funny that Trumps own executive order to mess over the BLM protesters could hurt his own cult.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cap...-order-federal

Depending on how the officials are going to go after them.

Astonishing Member

Is trump the first US president to support/encourage a coup attempt in the US?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    "a coup attempt in the US" is a weird distinction because yeah POTUSes of both parties sponsored coups across the world for the last half century, and even in the 19th.

But in terms of a sitting US President siccing a mob on Capitol Dome to stop the certification of his successor...nope, nobody did that before.

Presidents have generally followed the transfer of power and norm of transition even if they sulked about it (Herbert Hoover was not the most gracious guy in the world to FDR for instance and gritted his teeth through the thing). Nobody has so unconstitutionally and extra-legally outright tried to interfere with democratic processes in such a blatant manner.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    "a coup attempt in the US" is a weird distinction because yeah POTUSes of both parties sponsored coups across the world for the last half century, and even in the 19th.

But in terms of a sitting US President siccing a mob on Capitol Dome to stop the certification of his successor...nope, nobody did that before.

Presidents have generally followed the transfer of power and norm of transition even if they sulked about it (Herbert Hoover was not the most gracious guy in the world to FDR for instance and gritted his teeth through the thing). Nobody has so unconstitutionally and extra-legally outright tried to interfere with democratic processes in such a blatant manner.
    Adams tried weaponizing the government against his critics (The Alien And Sedition Acts), but nobody I'm aware of actually tried mobilizing external actors against the government itself.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If it was just a propaganda network I really wouldnt be upset. Every party has a propaganda network on some level. But last night and today they have passed that and become a network that promotes attacking our government. To be honest it has been that way for awhile just last night was too much to bare.
    Every new network has a party lean. Fox is beyond that. Has been for a while. I mean, they literally have been caught being fake news. Repeatedly.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

There were peope wearing 6MWE tshirts, which stands for "6 Million (Jews) wasn't enough." Suggesting racism isn't a component of all this is just being intentionally obtuse..
    Attachment 104393
    I will never understand why grown adults cling to an ideology that lost its war decades ago.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?