Cnn reported one of the police officers attacked last night has died.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    That's only two arms, and it's an important distinction. What the GOP got in return for licking Trump's shoes is the third arm. For a long, long time. Despite all the outrage expressed today, they consider they ultimately came out of this all winning.
    You’re right.

I was sleepy and not thinking clearly.

I totally forgot about the Judiciary which Trump and McConnell have filled.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-07-2021 at 10:28 PM.

What true patriots look like ...

Rep. Andy Kim of New Jersey cleans up debris strewn across the floor of the Rotunda in the early morning hours after Trump supporters mobbed the place.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She is spitting nails since I blocked fake news with my parental controls.
    Glad you took my advice, at least. Hope she finds a more reliable alternative.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What true patriots look like ...

Rep. Andy Kim of New Jersey cleans up debris strewn across the floor of the Rotunda in the early morning hours after Trump supporters mobbed the place.
    A real sense of sadness and resolve in that photo.

If Trump pardons himself, will there actually be any political fallout?

Democrats will be outraged, maybe even Republicans like Romney, but most if not all of Trump's 70 million supporters will just say he was justified in pardoning himself because Democrats were going to go after him legally the second he leaves office. Other than the emotive headlines, what sort of repercussions could pardoning himself create?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Poll: Majority of Republicans blame Biden for mob storming the Capitol

No surprise. I’m seeing in my twitter feed a lot of conservative supporters who think Biden somehow got antifa to masquerade as Trump voters in order to make Trump look bad.
    I couldn't f***ing care less what any Republican thinks about anything at this point. From the ones who speak out to support Trump to the ones who don't but keep silent. They're all responsible for what happened yesterday.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I will never understand why grown adults cling to an ideology that lost its war decades ago.
    Because it's not an ideology tied to a place, a people, a state or a movement. It's worn many names: fascism, objectivism, perspectivism, manifest destiny, and more. It's a potential cancer inside every human who wants to believe they are better than others. It tends to grow faster in some than others, but especially among those who fear they are somehow losing ground versus others.

In short, humanity will never be rid of it.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Cnn reported one of the police officers attacked last night has died.
    Those patriots. Backing the blue. Yay. Goddamn, terrorists.
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 01-07-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hell, at least nixon was smart enough to resign when shit came down on him. he knew he fucked up and was at least man enough to step down like he did.

trump kept spouting lies about how the election was stolen and has tried to subvert the results to keep himself in power.
    Nixon had little choice because his own party turned against him. That was back when the Republican party had some ethics. Now they're just a bunch of craven opportunists.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BANNED

Some interesting stuff about international agencies on what happened yesterday.

French Intelligence and others in Europe said they informed their governments that yesterday saw Donald Trump attempt a coup d'etat on US Soil.
    https://www.b usinessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1

Delete the space after the first b...for some reason the site doesn't link here properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In short, humanity will never be rid of it.
    I am not so sure about that.

Some ideas that had a similar pull are extinct. Nobody today would seriously propose reintroducing slavery, or feudalism, or divine right of kings, or for that matter believe that the Catholic Church should have sole authority to nominate and recognized heads of state as they did in the Middle Ages.

Racist ideology is younger than those ideas, and I don't see any claim to eternity for it.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-07-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I couldn't f***ing care less what any Republican thinks about anything at this point. From the ones who speak out to support Trump to the ones who don't but keep silent. They're all responsible for what happened yesterday.
    ChadH has the right take. A contingent of thousands of fascists in pro-Nazi T-shirts and waving Confederate and MAGA flags staged a brain-dead coup on the Capitol yesterday, specifically incited to do so by Trump who literally invited them, gave them a speech, and AFTER the attack, put a message on Twitter where he told them he loved them.

Joe Biden's only "sin" is he beat these motherf***ers in a fair election.

To any Republican who can't find a backbone or even their soul right now and wants to continue to gaslight, I can only encourage them to go f*** themselves with the broken shards of glass from the Capitol Building's windows.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    If Trump pardons himself, will there actually be any political fallout?

Democrats will be outraged, maybe even Republicans like Romney, but most if not all of Trump's 70 million supporters will just say he was justified in pardoning himself because Democrats were going to go after him legally the second he leaves office. Other than the emotive headlines, what sort of repercussions could pardoning himself create?
    I believe the question of whether a president can pardon himself is still a huge legal debate that has never been run through the courts because no president has ever done it.

He is now indirectly responsible for at least eight deaths (that's not counting Covid). What are the normal laws for deaths that resulted from a person inciting a riot and an attempted coup, when his words clearly demonstrate he intended both to happen?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Trump's crimes include:
    Tax fraud
    Bank fraud
    Charity fraud
    Insurance fraud
    Racketeering
    Obstruction of justice
    Obstruction of Congress
    Violations of campaign finance laws
    Perjury
    Suborning perjury
    Sexual Harassment
    Money laundering
    Bribery
    Misappropriation of federal funds
    RICO violations

Now, you can add sedition and incitement to riot to the list. Trump is not just a criminal, he's a career criminal and the head of a crime family. Trump is no different than John Gotti, Fat Tony Salerno, or Paul Castellano. He has a long record of association with the mob and tried to be just like them.
    I have some special gourmet popcorn standing by for the day Trump walks out the door of the White House for the last time into the waiting arms of all those prosecutors.
    My hope is there will be handcuffs involved.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Racist ideology is younger than those ideas, and I don't see any claim to eternity for it.
    Racist ideology is rooted in "us vs them" and that instinct is older than the human species.