Astonishing Member

Cry more, Nazi.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Its a nice thought thinking the GOP will come to their senses. I know there were a few who changed their minds about contesting the results. but I would love to see if they would have changed their minds if they did not vote a half hour after cleaning blood off the floor of the Capital. Hell Graham would have changed his mind 7 or 8 times if they waited 48 hours. The Gop will make a show for a bit about being out raged this can not happen again etc... but I want to see how they act when Biden starts signing his Executive orders, or Pelosi tries to pass a relief bill or the Senate confirms cabinet picks. Howley going away will be great. but no one really took Trump seriously 5 years ago and after every dumbass thing thought he would go away yet here we are.

I will wait for the long term fallout, not the lip service 48 hours after a failed coup.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I can't wrap my head around the latest conspiracy theory from the trump camp. Several of the DC rioters have been identified as being trump supporters/conservatives from their social media posts and still trump supporters think it was Antifa. Hell some of them, 6 or so, are GOP lawmakers.
    When they win they are patriots, when they lose they are false flagging commies.

I wonder...if the guy who crapped and didn't flush ACTUALLY did that and it wasn't just empty little white man braggadocio, does he realize that DNA CAN be pulled from that to potentially identify him...? Or is he just a total idiot?

Oh, wait...never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Video's real dark stuff.

I don't blame the police at all for this.

I will say that Babbitt wasn't the most aggressive of that bunch and the punching-glasses dude in the fur stuff (and seriously why has fur become the fashion choice for white nationalists all-of-a-sudden) was far more aggressive and escalating a figure. So on that level, I think her death was unfair...but again the police had more than good reason to shoot since that lobby was filled with elected officials and they barricaded and they were trying to rush at them.
    Because libtards are all weak, p****, cuck, vegan, tree-huggers (and also dangerous environmental terrorists and animal rights extremists!) who cry at the thought of dead puppies, and drinking liberal tears give strong, powerful alpha males the ability to make women want to date them.

Duh...
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-08-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    West Virginia Delegate Derrick Evans who livestreamed his siege on the Capitol, has been ARRESTED by the FBI.

The Video of his "tough bitch with a heart of gold" grandma's reaction while he is being taken away is one for the history books.
    Livestreamed himself committing a crime. Shame World's Dumbest Criminals isn't on TV anymore, he would have made the cut.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Nice pun!

Is it wrong that I hope this is true?
    I don't think so.
    Loss of life is sad, but these people are home grown terrorist.
    I'd have like to see them all shot with tranquilizer darts and dragged to prison.
    Nah! Push them to prison with a Bobcat.

This was a huge breach of National security and it could have been a planned cover to steal national secrets.

Here's a thought exercise my roomate and I discussed last night:

Let's say the impossible happens. Evidence - UNIMPEACHABLE evidence - is uncovered that the Democratic Party cheared to win. Made deals with foreign powers to secure that win. Lied to the American people for years, and fomented chaos by supporting BLM and ANTIFA.

(Obviously, this will never happen, but for the sake of the exercise, let's pretend.)

What would you do, if faced with that devastating reality?

I can guess that most people here would, as I would, be horrified at what I had supported. And that most people here would take a long hard look at what they had believed to be true. Not just about this election, but all of it. Because my guess is that most posters here are reasonable, functional adults, capable of taking in information that challenges our preconceived notions, and where necessary, change those notions based on new evidence.

So, what is wrong with the regressive mind that they are so incapable of that? And why should anyone incapable of that basic adult function be given any power over anyone else? Why should we take them - people INCAPABLE of processing contradictory information - seriously?

My local CBS station interviewed people today about their thoughts on Wednesday.

"I never thought Pence was part of the deep state, I have never felt so betrayed. he needs to be put on trial for treason."
    "The president told us to go there. Police did not stop us. If we were comiting a crime they would have stopped us."
    "What is shown by the fake news is not what really happened."
    "Those people are heroes."
    "The people were peaceful. those who were not were Antifa."
    "That is the people's house, public property paid by our tax dollars. They can do what ever they want there"

To be fair there were many on the news who spoke out against it. but the fact that so many people have these views is scary. For everyone talking support in public there are hundreds who are not but still agree with what happened.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Because libtards are all weak, p****, cuck, vegan, tree-huggers (and also dangerous environmental terrorists and animal rights extremists!) who cry at the thought of dead puppies, and drinking liberal tears give strong, powerful alpha males the ability to make women want to date them.

Duh...
    At one point, wearing fur or those kind of clothes was seen as a "gay fashion thing", or something bohemian types do, or you know pimps.

Not saying I feel bad that the right wing has co-opted fashion choices that were once subversive since I never got the whole fur thing myself...but it's a new thing.

I mean the horned dude who seems to be the face of these terrorist attack is dressing in a style that was once stereotypical of San Francisco in its pre-gentrified gayborhood days.

I’ve read a fair bit about QAnon but never gone to the sources, as it were. This is a 10-minute interview with Jake Angeli, one of the leaders of the Capitol insurrection yesterday. It’s a fascinating plunge into the QAnon universe.

Angeli considers himself a shaman who can see in multiple dimensions. As part of the Q-movement, he is able to “read between the lines” of Trump’s tweets, corporate symbols, and the daily news. The evil forces in his worldview are the globalists, an elite cabal with underground research bases across the world, kept in line by the power of central banks and by blackmail. The forces of good are the true patriots who have infiltrated the highest levels of the elite, with Donald Trump in particular playing a larger than life role. These patriots are fighting behind the scenes against the globalist pedophiles who secretly control everything.

Like any good cult or dangerous political movement, it articulates a series of truths that are generally ignored or at least not acted upon at a policy level: central banks really do have enormous power and their decisions benefit some and hurt others. There is a plutocratic elite, particularly in the United States, that doesn’t really have to follow the rules. Environmental degradation is real. But it quickly takes those truths and verges into dangerous conspiratorial territory. It becomes unhinged.

Just listening to Angeli for 10 minutes has convinced me we’re not just talking about different media ecosystems or J.D. Vance’s Appalachia here. This is a religion. And it brings together a lot of (half-)truths and provides a lot of meaning that is hard to find in American society otherwise right now. It’s not a coherent movement to govern given its current ideological makeup, so in that sense it will never succeed. It can only wreak destruction. It doesn’t have the bureaucratic competence or attachment to reality to actually address the problems of plutocracy, environmental degradation, or monetary policy. But it can carry people along with the sense of meaning it provides.

The challenge is to provide Americans who might be tempted to follow Angeli down the Q-rabbit hole a comparable sense of meaning that is actually tethered to reality.

Currently, we are failing.

It's a friggin' cult.

This researcher is worth a follow for keeping an ear to the Q ground: https://twitter.com/_MAArgentino?s=0...bukZAdQAbO0d5I

There is also this:
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/01/...qZ5zV8EKFtMXEk

I'm most intrigued by the epistemic and hermeneutic facets of QAnon participation.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-08-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Amazing Member

Democratic momentum builds for potential fast-track impeachment next week
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/polit...ans/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    At one point, wearing fur or those kind of clothes was seen as a "gay fashion thing", or something bohemian types do, or you know pimps.

Not saying I feel bad that the right wing has co-opted fashion choices that were once subversive since I never got the whole fur thing myself...but it's a new thing.

I mean the horned dude who seems to be the face of these terrorist attack is dressing in a style that was once stereotypical of San Francisco in its pre-gentrified gayborhood days.
    For sure! He looks 'straight' outta the Castro, circa 1970's! But for him to realize that would require a sense of self criticism and a knowledge of history, two things he clearly doesn't possess.

I know a lot of people were upset that there weren't mass arrests during and right after the riot... but I honestly think this is even better. These idiots got to go home, have a beer with their friends, laugh about how they got away with it... and then a couple of days later, the FBI will show up and take them out in handcuffs. And in the meantime, while they are laughing about there being no consequences, the internet is doing its' thing and identifying all of them, and suddenly they find themselves unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I know a lot of people were upset that there weren't mass arrests during and right after the riot... but I honestly think this is even better. These idiots got to go home, have a beer with their friends, laugh about how they got away with it... and then a couple of days later, the FBI will show up and take them out in handcuffs. And in the meantime, while they are laughing about there being no consequences, the internet is doing its' thing and identifying all of them, and suddenly they find themselves unemployed.
    This is great. I agree. You know that Dumbass Evens or whatever his name is from WV was crowing like a hero to anyone who would listen.

But I hate hearing the "But they never arrested the BLM or Antifa protestors after the fact. This is unfair."

Because everyone knows the most oppressed class of people are middle aged white Trump Republicans.