Great observation Jack, I am going to steal it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

CNN is reporting that Mike Pence is not “ruling out invoking the 25th Amendment.” It’s still unlikely he’ll actually do it, but I imagine it’s really a contingency plan in case Pence and others in the administration get a sense that Trump might attempt something nuts again.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    CNN is reporting that Mike Pence is not “ruling out invoking the 25th Amendment.” It’s still unlikely he’ll actually do it, but I imagine it’s really a contingency plan in case Pence and others in the administration get a sense that Trump might attempt something nuts again.
    I imagine it's about the nuking of Iran or any orgy of war crimes that Trump has planned.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I imagine it's about the nuking of Iran or any orgy of war crimes that Trump has planned.
    Thanks Jack. I'm sure enough that you're right, I will spend tonight staring at the ceiling and awaiting Armageddon. (not sarcasm)

Well, let's get real for a minute.

As long as there is anything like a realistic scenario where Trump could have a stroke or a heart attack that could leave him incapacitated?

Why would Pence "Rule Out..." being able to use the mechanism designed for that very instance?

Cnn has been reporting that Pence has not ruled this out ten minutes after the Guard showed up. They have repeated it like every ten minutes. At this stage it is a talking point to make the talking heads sound smart and get ratings.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

You know, Giuliani's arc is complete.

From Mayor of NYC at the time of 9/11 to co-conspirator of a terrorist attack, indeed the second terrorist attack on a US Government Building since 9/11 (when one of the plans crashed into the Pentagon).

We talked a bit about whether January 6 is the worst thing Trump has done, it's definitely the worst that Giuliani has done.

He has completely erased and negated anything and everything in his career up to now.

He has been Himmler or Heydrich to Trump. Papering the lies of his administration as his policies murder more Americans a day than Bin Laden did in 9/11.
    Hm. Interesting thought. I hope you're right that he's now lower than anyone will go.

Astonishing Member

You know, Giuliani's arc is complete.

From Mayor of NYC at the time of 9/11 to co-conspirator of a terrorist attack, indeed the second terrorist attack on a US Government Building since 9/11 (when one of the plans crashed into the Pentagon).

We talked a bit about whether January 6 is the worst thing Trump has done, it's definitely the worst that Giuliani has done.

He has completely erased and negated anything and everything in his career up to now.

He has been Himmler or Heydrich to Trump. Papering the lies of his administration as his policies murder more Americans a day than Bin Laden did in 9/11.
    And he still had the time to star in Borat's second movie. Let's not say he's not busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    And he still had the time to star in Borat's second movie. Let's not say he's not busy.
    And not only did he get to be in the movie. He touched himself in front of an underaged actress. A man of many talents.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, let's get real for a minute.

As long as there is anything like a realistic scenario where Trump could have a stroke or a heart attack that could leave him incapacitated?

Why would Pence "Rule Out..." being able to use the mechanism designed for that very instance?
    In this case, I’m thinking more to prevent Donald from doing more disastrous things like inciting an insane riot again.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And not only did he get to be in the movie. He touched himself in front of an underaged actress. A man of many talents.
    I cannot imagine another example of political self-immolation, of self-degradation, of someone degenerating before the public eye.

It's a car crash you can't take your eyes from.

Giuliani was rich, he could have f--ked off and retired as an ex-mayor and simply trotted out for ceremonies and stuff, but he decided to hitch himself to Trump in a way that just doesn't make sense. The only reason Trump seems to keep him around is that next to Rudy, even DJT comes off as dignified, elegant, and bearing. Watching the two, even I'd rather be Trump than Giuliani.

Incidentally Reps. Ted Lieu and Mondaire Jones have appealed to get Giuliani debarred both pointing out that it's inconcievable he remains a "lawyer in good standing" after doing stuff any ordinary lawyer would get himself thrown out for:
    https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1347992887569469442

In this case, I’m thinking more to prevent Donald from doing more disastrous things like inciting an insane riot again.
    He could solve that by removing him now and taking over and getting himself a sweet pension on taxpayer dime for the rest of his life, in the bargain.

No way that he could rule that out without also tying is own hands when it comes to a legitimate "Medical..." instance where he would need to invoke it though.

It's a "No-Win..." for him.

BANNED

On another note, here's a history lesson for y'all

137618801_10157651682016787_2608086361322588972_n.jpg

Tamed by prison reminds me of Susan Collins saying this this time last year:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...om-impeachment

Boisterously Confused

I cannot imagine another example of political self-immolation, of self-degradation, of someone degenerating before the public eye.

It's a car crash you can't take your eyes from.

Giuliani was rich, he could have f--ked off and retired as an ex-mayor and simply trotted out for ceremonies and stuff, but he decided to hitch himself to Trump in a way that just doesn't make sense. The only reason Trump seems to keep him around is that next to Rudy, even DJT comes off as dignified, elegant, and bearing. Watching the two, even I'd rather be Trump than Giuliani.

Incidentally Reps. Ted Lieu and Mondaire Jones have appealed to get Giuliani debarred both pointing out that it's inconcievable he remains a "lawyer in good standing" after doing stuff any ordinary lawyer would get himself thrown out for:
    https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1347992887569469442
    To sane people, it sounds crazy, but I guess there are people consumed by a need to feel powerful. Even if the power really belongs to someone else and they are merely pressing themselves against it.

Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCain

They can censure the widow of a longtime Republican senator but they do not have the courage to impeach the POTUS?