BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I cannot imagine another example of political self-immolation, of self-degradation, of someone degenerating before the public eye.

It's a car crash you can't take your eyes from.

Giuliani was rich, he could have f--ked off and retired as an ex-mayor and simply trotted out for ceremonies and stuff, but he decided to hitch himself to Trump in a way that just doesn't make sense. The only reason Trump seems to keep him around is that next to Rudy, even DJT comes off as dignified, elegant, and bearing. Watching the two, even I'd rather be Trump than Giuliani.

Incidentally Reps. Ted Lieu and Mondaire Jones have appealed to get Giuliani debarred both pointing out that it's inconcievable he remains a "lawyer in good standing" after doing stuff any ordinary lawyer would get himself thrown out for:
    https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1347992887569469442

He could solve that by removing him now and taking over and getting himself a sweet pension on taxpayer dime for the rest of his life, in the bargain.
    Giuliani wasn't some heroic figure who fell from grace though, who he is now is who he has been all along. His entire record as mayor basically centered around telling poor people to **** off, and by the time 2001 rolled around he was already on his last legs politically, having withdrawn in scandal from the Senate race against Hillary and finishing out his term as a lame duck mayor. Of course, we all know by now that the images of him walking the streets during 9/11 were entirely a result of his own incompetence, and even with this kind of political godsend he never quite managed to make anything out of it, flaming out in the 2008 presidential race and basically just mulling around the fringes of the conservative media sphere ever since. This is a man who has been handed chance after unearned chance to really make his mark on this country and has revealed himself to be an utter failure every single time. Rudy never fell from grace, he has been a piece of **** all along and some of us just have refused to believe it for some reason.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Giuliani wasn't some heroic figure who fell from grace though, who he is now is who he has been all along. His entire record as mayor basically centered around telling poor people to **** off, and by the time 2001 rolled around he was already on his last legs politically, having withdrawn in scandal from the Senate race against Hillary and finishing out his term as a lame duck mayor. Of course, we all know by now that the images of him walking the streets during 9/11 were entirely a result of his own incompetence, and even with this kind of political godsend he never quite managed to make anything out of it, flaming out in the 2008 presidential race and basically just mulling around the fringes of the conservative media sphere ever since. This is a man who has been handed chance after unearned chance to really make his mark on this country and has revealed himself to be an utter failure every single time. Rudy never fell from grace, he has been a piece of **** all along and some of us just have refused to believe it for some reason.
    Something, something 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCain

They can censure the widow of a longtime Republican senator but they do not have the courage to impeach the POTUS?
    This is the right call. You notice nothing bad in this country happened until the gays like myself got the right to marry and be treated like human beings. God once Black people are treated as equal the world will fly into the Sun.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I imagine it's about the nuking of Iran or any orgy of war crimes that Trump has planned.
    Or maybe orchestrating some sort of attack on Inauguration Day. Trump already said he’s not attending, and I doubt it’s not just because he’s a sore loser, after what happened on 1/6, does anyone rule out the likelihood of MAGA maggots stirring up trouble on the 20th and he doesn’t want to risk ending up being collateral damage?

Speaking of which, in the aftermath of Wednesday’s failed insurrection, does it make sense to go through with the inauguration? Never mind the fact that holding large scale events like that is foolish since the virus is still around, it would be crazy not to think the same lunatics who stormed the Capitol building might not try that stunt a second time when Joe Biden is sworn in. I say the event should be scrapped and made virtual instead, or, at the very least, held at a facility (it’s destination kept secret from the public) that can be secured out the ass. All the pomp and circumstance of the inauguration isn’t worth putting Biden, Harris and scores of people at risk.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

You are right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Or maybe orchestrating some sort of attack on Inauguration Day. Trump already said he’s not attending, and I doubt it’s not just because he’s a sore loser, after what happened on 1/6, does anyone rule out the likelihood of MAGA maggots stirring up trouble on the 20th and he doesn’t want to risk ending up being collateral damage?

Speaking of which, in the aftermath of Wednesday’s failed insurrection, does it make sense to go through with the inauguration? Never mind the fact that holding large scale events like that is foolish since the virus is still around, it would be crazy not to think the same lunatics who stormed the Capitol building might not try that stunt a second time when Joe Biden is sworn in. I say the event should be scrapped and made virtual instead, or, at the very least, held at a facility (it’s destination kept secret from the public) that can be secured out the ass. All the pomp and circumstance of the inauguration isn’t worth putting Biden, Harris and scores of people at risk.
    I think they should move the Inauguration to Federal Hall, New York City. That's where George Washington was inaugurated and it will give Biden extra pomp and circumstance to be the first since GW to be inaugurated there.

The Capitol Hill besides has definitely become a covid-19 cluster after the breach by the terrorists who didn't wear masks and ran amok indoors.

Pramilla Jaypal said she's already quarantining because she's sure that this was a super-spreader event.
    https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/prami...tol-riots.html

On one hand I would be mad tat terrorists would make cancelling a thing that could happen. We cant let the terrorists win and all that. But if they moved it and changed it up to make it more secure because of covid as an official reason I wouldnt say boo at this point. it is one of those we need to change things up because of Trump and Maga nuts, but we cant say we are changing things up because of Trump and Maga nuts.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-09-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Trump's actions don't arise to that action yet...but that's because USA in the 2010s isn't Germany in the 1920s. But what happened on January 6 is the Beer Hall Putsch. There's literally nothing else that resembles it quite so much. And Trump's personality and way of commanding and operating in his party resembles Adolf Hitler in a way nobody does. .
    I guess that makes Ashli Babbitt MAGA's Horst Wessel.

Boisterously Confused

Not impossible, but (copy next for I Told You So Posts) I think unlikely. Unless Prince and Flynn have got Trump playing a way smarter game than I think, Trump completely shot his wad on 1/6. If he hadn't, DeVos wouldn't have run for cover.

Boisterously Confused

Well said. Too many of us forgot who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Well said. Too many of us forgot who he was.
    We haven't in New York, he is despised here.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCain

They can censure the widow of a longtime Republican senator but they do not have the courage to impeach the POTUS?
    It’s somewhat surreal because it’s clearly a turn propelled more by impotent helplessness spurring on fears of inadequacy after choosing to back the guy both their old Senators rejected, including the one who was effectively their most powerful GOP member for decades.

It’s a microcosm of the “sunk cost fallacy” and denial the GOP as a whole has.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Not impossible, but (copy next for I Told You So Posts) I think unlikely. Unless Prince and Flynn have got Trump playing a way smarter game than I think, Trump completely shot his wad on 1/6. If he hadn't, DeVos wouldn't have run for cover.
    Sadly too many times in the past we have written Trump off as "This is it he is done." Yet he comes back stronger then before. This man is a threat until he is out of office, and in jail. He has been silenced for now. He is licking his wounds. But anyone who thinks he will quietly go away and accept this defeat is deluding themselves.

I mean Hell after the election many people including my self thought he was done. He will bitch and moan, we will laugh and watch him be forgotten as legal battle after legal battle was lost. We will have a field day as he watching Biden get sworn in and Tweets like a bay. And look what happened.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-09-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    We haven't in New York, he is despised here.
    Well, I know NY forgets it, but most of us don't spend a lot of memory capacity on NY.

ETA: having flipped that smartassery, it occurs to me the last time we didn't pay attention to what New Yorkers know, we got Trump 45.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 01-09-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Sadly too many times in the past we have written Trump off as "This is it he is done." Yet he comes back stronger then before. This man is a threat until he is out of office, and in jail. He has been silenced for now. He is licking his wounds. But anyone who thinks he will quietly go away and accept this defeat is deluding themselves.

I mean Hell after the election many people including my self thought he was done. He will bitch and moan, we will laugh and watch him be forgotten as legal battle after legal battle was lost. We will have a field day as he watching Biden get sworn in and Tweets like a bay. And look what happened.
    I'm afraid you're right BB. Ten sweaty days ahead.