BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    public areas yes, but there are certain parts of the building, exits used for emergency and security purposes that are NOT public information

and reportedly, one of the people arrested had a full map on his person
    the floor plan of the Capitol is public domain and hardly difficult to find. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol

I am mostly upset that Twitter and Facebook banned Trump. because now there is now way for him to tell us how upset he is and how he stands by law and order and the police.

If only The White House had a room with cameras and reporters where Trump could just walk in and give a statement and answer questions. But as far as I know no such place exists.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Because I was a fan of his Hercules show. It was a good entertaining show. I tend to not care about an actor's political views as long as he has the ability to entertain us. I also watched John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger films.
    But Sorbo has been a wingnut for years. This is not new. I mean, if you find the insane rantings of a right wing conspiracy nut "entertainment" so be it, but it's pretty removed from his days as Hercules.

(also, it was not a good show lol)

Abe Lincoln would have been shocked and horrified if he was alive today and witnessed the behavior of his party.

His coffin must have been completely worn from all the constant rolling of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

This brings the death toll to a total of 6.

Edit: Turns out this death is unrelated to the riots.

[IMG]blob:https://mobile.twitter.com/3226f4dd-44c4-4f04-9638-d62bce917135[/IMG]
    Apparently, it was a suicide. He must have felt like he felt the people he was supposed to protect is one theory out there.

I would not call it unrelated without further info.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Apparently, it was a suicide. He must have felt like he felt the people he was supposed to protect is one theory out there.

I would not call it unrelated without further info.
    Good point. It’s possible he was suffering from survivors guilt or developed post-traumatic stress disorder and depression from what happened Wednesday leading to commit suicide because of it.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-10-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why all this scaremongering? In few days, Biden will take the office…
    - There's 10 days to Inauguration.
    - The Capitol riot, planning and inciting took about 3 days. Actual riot came close to murdering Pelosi and Pence and other Dems and GOP, and that entire thing lasted for some 4 hours.
    - 10 days means 240 hours.
    - Trump also has nuclear codes. He has access to surveillance, satellite, and other resources as well as funding.
    - Many of his radicalized base are "activated" and on the loose, some still in the DC area, especially it seems the zip-tie militia ones.
    - The Capitol riot is likely to be a super-spreader event making a cluster inside the building.

So this is very much frightening, scary, dangerous days.

There are so many more evil things Trump can do. After he leaves the WH, Trump can say hold a rival inauguration at Mar-A-Lago and insist his supporters attend Mar-A-Lago and treat that as the White House and insist that radical MAGA State Legislatures and MAGA senators and reps in Congress pledge fealty and treat his inauguration as the real deal, which would mean civil war, at the very least.

A historian on fascist laid out:
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6c77d85e6a3d0

Trump is going to be even more extreme. Trump shows a pattern of escalation, of spiralling out, of never backing down. His niece Mary Trump, I was skeptical of her psychological look at her evil uncle, but I gotta say it's up there with the OSS profile on Hitler in terms of anticipating and predicting the fascist leader's behavior and attitude.

Donald Trump can't accept defeat, he can't face reality, he can't be pragmatic, he's a gambler and a chancer who has coasted on luck and privilege all his life and not even self-preservation will stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Abe Lincoln would have been shocked and horrified if he was alive today and witnessed the behavior of his party.

His coffin must have been completely worn from all the constant rolling of his body.
    Don't equate Lincoln's Republican party with today's. It is literally not the same thing.

Astonishing Member

Why all this scaremongering? In few days, Biden will take the office

Trump can do a lot of damage in just a few days.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

According to Parlor, and reputable sources therein, he has plans. Space Force is causing the blackouts we're seeing, and it's a test for when he runs an address on every TV in the world and announces the "new administration" he promised a peaceful transition to. Or some ****...

Why all this scaremongering? In few days, Biden will take the office…
    You could have said the same thing January 1st, that he only had 3 weeks, what could happen? Wednesday happened, and Trump is not repentant.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Don't equate Lincoln's Republican party with today's. It is literally not the same thing.
    If the Republicans were capable of a little self-reflexion they'd realize, "So this is how communists or Marxists feel when they say don't equate Marx with Stalin and Mao".

Unfortunately we have to do, even that, on their behalf, ventriloquize the tragedy and decay of the party of Lincoln, Thaddeus Stevens, Charles Sumner, Ulysses S. Grant, Frederick Douglass into what it has become today.

In any case, the decay of the Republican party is a function of the weaknesses of the American party system which is really an American coalition system. The American party system is a coalition system...and the reason the party of Woodrow Wilson (the last 19th Century Dixiecrat scumbag) transformed eventually into a Civil Rights party is accident and circumstances rather than design or intent on any of the party founders or activists at the time. It's not the Dems had a change of heart and repented, it's just that social trends and situations eventually led the electorate to change the party from within and make it into something else. The same thing happened with the Republican party. Had situations been different, it could well have gone the other way and we would think of the Republicans as the Left Wing party it originally started out as. The party that Karl Marx in England praised as the working man's party and the abolitionist party. The decay of the Republican party has a tragedy to it because it's a mirror and warning about how something that started out with ideals and promises turned into sewage. It's the defining American example of that.

The Republicans are the party of the best and the worst President in American history. And in the entire history of the Republican party, I'd argue they produced maybe three great Presidents -- Lincoln, Grant, Teddy Roosevelt. Not saying that all of them did the right thing all the time but yeah lasting stuff and positive stuff happened under them. There's one decent and good President in Eisenhower after World War 2. But otherwise you have mediocrities, hacks, assholes (Herbert Hoover), frauds (Reagan), idiots (W.), crooks (Nixon), and now pure evil (Trump). I will say that Richard Nixon is genuinely interesting for doing some good things (his pro-Native government policy, EPA) but also appalling things (Watergate, dog-whistle campaigning, paranoia) at the same time, and Nixon symbolizes the divides and schisms of the entire legacy of this party. But Trump is just nihilism.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-10-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Donald Trump can't accept defeat, he can't face reality, he can't be pragmatic, he's a gambler and a chancer who has coasted on luck and privilege all his life and not even self-preservation will stop him.
    I disagree about this point: it’s self-preservation that has prompted the ”I condemn violence, I will ensure peaceful transition. ”

Trump is able to say anything — and some people, indeed, believe him — but as long as he doesn’t face personally the consequences. He is not that reckless. It’s his supporters first, him very far behind… But his supporters have been dumped by Trump, some of them feel betrayed by him. Eventually, it has been a symbolic last stand.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

I disagree about this point: it’s self-preservation that has prompted the ”I condemn violence, I will ensure peaceful transition. ”
    1) That's not the same thing.

2) Even in that speech, Trump doesn't officially say that "Joe Biden won the election", or say that he lost fair and square. All he said is that there will be a transition to the next government, which is the most he can confess. And the entire speech was obviously a hostage video forced on him by lawyers and everyone.

Trump, like Hitler, can do small walkbacks here and there, such as Hitler who would occassionally give off moderate airs to fool the press and some of the oligarch backers of the Nazis but that doesn't mean at all that he's cowed down.

The twitter blog post about banning him pointed out that Trump saying he's not going to attend the inauguration hinted at a tacit call for violence on that day since Trump wouldn't be there.

He is not that reckless.
    He absolutely is. Repeated bankruptcies of his properties didn't make him into a more moderate, pragmatic, and cautious businessman. He just doubled, tripled, quadrupled down.

Eventually, it has been a symbolic last stand.
    Well initially on twitter and some places yes, but the lack of sincerity didn't fool anyone. Not on the left, and certainly not on the right. We shouldn't assume the right is totally without sophistication or that they can't see this. I mean the big right-wing conspiracy this Q thing is all about Trump being some secret whistleblower and so on.

I mean the Democrats knew well that when Obama congratulated Trump and welcomed him to start the transition including having a personal meeting with Trump at the WH where you could see Obama barley conceal his personal disgust for the man...that he was just doing his job and that he didn't really think that Trump was a great Prez all of a sudden. So we shouldn't expect the Trumpists don't know what will happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    According to Parlor, and reputable sources therein, he has plans. Space Force is causing the blackouts we're seeing, and it's a test for when he runs an address on every TV in the world and announces the "new administration" he promised a peaceful transition to. Or some ****...
    That's WW84 script, right ? Is Patty jenkins an oracle ?