Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's good that he's confirmed it since he's consistently approved and backed the Dem Prez nominees since Obama to Biden.

Powell was the only one who felt remorse over W.'s disaster administration and never made excuses for it, becoming a proper human being in the process.
    They did use him as a scapegoat and human shield to justify the invasion of Iraq, hard to blame him

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Because I was a fan of his Hercules show. It was a good entertaining show. I tend to not care about an actor's political views as long as he has the ability to entertain us. I also watched John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger films.
    Speaking of Arnold Schwarzenegger, here’s what he had to say about Wednesday’s coup attempt.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Because I was a fan of his Hercules show. It was a good entertaining show. I tend to not care about an actor's political views as long as he has the ability to entertain us. I also watched John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger films.
    maybe you should start caring

we are at the point where character MATTERS

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quite a few people connected to the riots are being detained and arrested at airports when they try to leave DC or land at their destinations

https://twitter.com/DJEkin/status/13...377412615?s=09

https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/stat...118273537?s=09

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Zip Tie Guys (mommy's boy and "radicalized" retired airforce dude) got picked up. https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/polit...iot/index.html

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Colin Powell has declared that he is no longer a republican in the wake of Trump’s horseshit.
    I thought he already had done this but good for him anyway. Has any party lost this many significant people? Off the top of my head, Michael Steel who was at one time RNC chairman. George Will was a conservative icon and then left the party right after Trump was named the party nominee in 2016. He considers himself independent now. Congressmen Joe Walsh, David Jolly and Joe Scarborough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quite a few people connected to the riots are being detained and arrested at airports when they try to leave DC or land at their destinations

The perp walk hasn't lost its mystique. That cop cuffing the lady and being told by a bystander about her kids going, "We've got this. This isn't the first time we've arrested people with children. Thank you for your concern." That's gold. (I am aware of course that it's more than likely that it was black and brown suspects that gave him the experience). Still gold. The lady having a weird accent (sounds slavic but not exactly Russian, to my years it sounds Movie!Transylvanian) is a little odd, but I guess some foreign tourists getting roped into this isn't impossible.

Seriously, the most appalling part of the Putsch was the sheer brazen impunity of these a-holes. You can see it in their body language, their swagger, their confidence, so sure they were that they would get away with this and be unpunished. It's really unlike anything.

Like the way these people are dragged at airports not knowing why they are getting cuffed.

"They call me a terrorist and ruined my life"...says man part of a mob that led to the deaths of 5 people, including a police officer, but hey it's about you, not the families of your victims, not the people in the capitol and around the world who are traumatized.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-10-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Intermediary

oh give me MORE

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Speaking of Arnold Schwarzenegger, here’s what he had to say about Wednesday’s coup attempt.
    I wonder how things could have been different if Schwarzenegger were eligible to become President.
    Would the GOP have rallied around a rising star instead of propping up the same old Nixon/Reagan insiders?
    Would people have emulated some of his decency instead of injecting Trump's poison into their brains?

That first one's from November for not wearing masks per the TikTok poster

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I thought he already had done this but good for him anyway. Has any party lost this many significant people? Off the top of my head, Michael Steel who was at one time RNC chairman. George Will was a conservative icon and then left the party right after Trump was named the party nominee in 2016. He considers himself independent now. Congressmen Joe Walsh, David Jolly and Joe Scarborough
    There is just probably not going to be much in the way of defections for the GOP. The current day crop of politicians and their staff are tied financially to the GOP donor class through things like campaign contributions and paid positions at thinktanks and other organizations funded by the money from these billionaires not to mention positions in the bureaucracy in any potential Republican administration. As long as the donor class stands united behind Trump, there won't be people leaving the party. Doing so strips them of the resources they can access.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I quit engaging her. After she said the video of Derrik Evans that Wv law maker was a deep fake and then after he admitting to being there after his arrest he is of course and Antifa plant.

The Trumpers who posted pictures and tweeted about what they were doing? Not there accounts were hacked. The guy in Pelosis office? A photo shopped picture and she bets a hundred bucks he was not there.

Last night I told her she needs to find another place to live because I just cant take this any more. I love her but I cant have this in my home any more.
    Sorry to hear it had to come to this. But it's pure cognitive dissonance. The more the evidence mounts against the point of view, the more ridiculous the mental gymnastics become to keep believing it.

Before I had even read this, my roommate and I had been doing a parody, saying this sort of thing, knowing it's exactly the kind of thing Conservatives would really come up with.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I wonder how things could have been different if Schwarzenegger were eligible to become President.
    It would not have worked out the way you think it would.

Would the GOP have rallied around a rising star instead of propping up the same old Nixon/Reagan insiders?
    Arnold wasn't a "rising star" in the GOP. He was a moderate Republican to start with but on becoming Governor of California coasting on his fame, once in power, found that he needed Democrat support to get any of his policies done. So he gradually moved towards the center. Schwarzenegger campaigned on a personal brand and a desire for his own legacy (as a mediocre CA governor and a mediocre politican) rather than a party innovator.

So that meant he never had it in him to be a national-level Republican candidate. Arnold's instincts as a politician weren't naturally centrist as it now seems. It's definitely moreso than the GOP at large. Arnold is more European conservative than US conservative. But he was by CA standards quite right wing and he ended his tenure as Governor with record low approval rates.

Would people have emulated some of his decency instead of injecting Trump's poison into their brains?
    Decency? Schwarzenneger? Oy vey!! Listen, the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.

Schwarzenegger was once ranked in the top 11 worst governors list for ethics and conduct violations. He was into cronyism, doing favors for friends and so on. There were reports of drug use and sexual misconduct while in office. He also oversaw executions in a state that had just 13 in the last 40 years, and indeed oversaw the last executions in California. Those executions were so politically toxic and optically bad, that nobody has ordered one since.

Schwarzenegger was arguably a contributor to the media-entertainment industrial complex that paved the way for Trump's presidency. If a former bodybuilder turned action hero could become Governor, why not a reality TV star?
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-10-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Nancy Pelosi's daughter said on twitter you could not easily find her mother's offices.
    Who needs a map when you have freshman Congresswoman and noted Qanon supporter Lauren Boebert live-tweeting Pelosi's location to the mob?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...g-insurrection

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It's very possible someone knew someone who's relative worked there.
    It's not top-secret knowledge. The janitorial staff could probably draw you a pretty reliable map including the emergency routes in case of terrorist attacks.
    One suspect taken into custody had a full map of the building with access points not meant to be public knowledge. Hmm... it's almost like it was an inside job.

I'm sure Mets would like to explain to us all why his party aren't criminal accessories, even as they're being implicated. Gosar & Biggs, you white nationalist goobers, come on down to the treason-pile!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dc/6603721002/
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Nevermind. Bah