Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quite a few people connected to the riots are being detained and arrested at airports when they try to leave DC or land at their destinations

https://twitter.com/DJEkin/status/13...377412615?s=09
    Seems to me, she's resisting arrest. According to Republicans, that's a capital offense!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Who needs a map when you have freshman Congresswoman and noted Qanon supporter Lauren Boebert live-tweeting Pelosi's location to the mob?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...g-insurrection

One suspect taken into custody had a full map of the building with access points not meant to be public knowledge. Hmm... it's almost like it was an inside job.

I'm sure Mets would like to explain to us all why his party aren't criminal accessories, even as they're being implicated. Gosar & Biggs, you white nationalist goobers, come on down to the treason-pile!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dc/6603721002/
    This woman is sick. She needs to be arrestee for aiding and abetting! There has to be consequences for leading terrorists and would-be kidnappers to their target. Not just resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Meanwhile, trump supporters are up in arms calling this a violation of freedom of speech while applauding AZ GOP censoring Cindy McCain.
    They didn't censor Cindy McCain. They censured her. Not the same thing, but still despicable.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    maybe you should start caring

we are at the point where character MATTERS
    I can separate the person from their art. I mean, would it really hurt James Woods if I refused to watch Hercules or Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths ever again just because he voices the villains for those two animated films? You can boycott their new work moving forward, but refusing to watch stuff that they made years ago is really just cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Who needs a map when you have freshman Congresswoman and noted Qanon supporter Lauren Boebert live-tweeting Pelosi's location to the mob?

One suspect taken into custody had a full map of the building with access points not meant to be public knowledge. Hmm... it's almost like it was an inside job.

I'm sure Mets would like to explain to us all why his party aren't criminal accessories, even as they're being implicated. Gosar & Biggs, you white nationalist goobers, come on down to the treason-pile!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dc/6603721002/
    We talked about this earlier today.

You misread my post, and accused me of gaslighting. Then you doubled down on it.

Here's the chain. It started with Revolutionary Jack (the portion you quoted of his comment is in bold)....

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jim Clyburn, Pramilla Jayapal, and other House members have said that they think it was an inside job.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-c...was-complicit/

They point out that rioters knew how to navigate the Capitol houses when actual Capitol officers find it hard to navigate the place, they knew to target Clyburn's actual office out of the way (and steal his iPad) as opposed to the ceremonial office which is more accessible.

And Jim Clyburn was the Representative who criticized the progressive wing of the party for the slogan of "defund the police", so he's not someone who jumps at conspiratorial stuff or thinks the worst of law enforcement by default.

Pramila Jayapal says more here:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ide-job-456725
    Hawley. Cruz. Brooks. Biggs. Gosar.

My prediction is that as details come out to the extent they supported the coup (and in Cruz and Hawley's case, it was to f***ing fundraise for a 2024 campaign, the other three seem to be "true believers" in white supremacy), what I'm thinking is the 140-odd people who voted to not certify the vote results start seeing which way the winds are blowing and start trying to bail out. Because supporting a failed coup past its expiration date openly doesn't seem wise politically. Forcing the resignation or making pariahs out of the worst actors and pretending you didn't know what was going to happen...

Someone's gotta take the fall. I don't think all 140 want to ride this thing all the way down to the bottom of the canyon. Maybe some more are "true believers", your Louie Gohmerts, Lauren Boeberts, Marjorie Taylor Greenes, Madison Cawthorns and the like... but we're at the phase of the GOP death cult where the Kool-Aid is being served. And some folks ain't gonna sip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The article suggested that if it was an inside job it was more likely to be law enforcement.

There are a lot of people with working knowledge of the capitol layout, including current and former staff.
    I never quoted an article about who's taking the fall, so I have no idea what you're looking to gaslight us on to provide cover for your craven party right now.
    I think there's a misunderstanding when you're accusing me of gaslighting.

You were responding to this post.

You quoted the portion "Jim Clyburn, Pramilla Jayapal, and other House members have said that they think it was an inside job" when you wrote the following.

Perhaps you misread what he wrote, or meant to quote a different post, but the suggestion is that you think members of Congress were helping the idiots navigate through Congress.

The article was about suspicions that members of capitol law enforcement were involved.

If someone was providing insider information, it would also be possible for it to be current or former congressional staffers who outnumber members of Congress.
    There isn't a misunderstanding. I fully believe you are disingenuously providing cover for Republican Congress members or their staff by blaming it solely on the Capitol Police.

Because even after these fanatics you keep defending fail at a violent coup... you'd apparently rather find a patsy than accept there's been a problem with your party's extremism for the past several years.

People died. More people, our elected House and Senate members, could have been lynched by people who literally were making nooses out of news cables when they were fended off. And yet...

You're deflecting. And the Arizona GOP took time out to censure Cindy McCain for having the nerve to stand up to Trump for attacking her deceased husband.

Like... there's "have you no decency" doesn't even cover what we're seeing right now.

Calls for "unity" that are on the condition that no one is punished for attempting a coup.

To hell with that.
    Again, Revolutionary Jack made a post about concerns that the rioters had inside knowledge. In the process, he linked to several articles. The articles were mainly about concerns of law enforcement complicity.

You quoted the portion of his post where he said "Jim Clyburn, Pramilla Jayapal, and other House members have said that they think it was an inside job." with the names of members of Congress.

I pointed out that the articles were about something different, and suggested that other people would have working knowledge of the capitol layout.

You responded with "I never quoted an article about who's taking the fall" before accusing me of gaslighting which was weird for multiple reasons, including that my post didn't say anything about any article on who's taking the fall.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Really shocking stuff.

It is. I've visited the Capitol last time it was in DC (which happens to be, legitimately, one of my favorite cities, not only DC-Proper but the greater metropolitan area).

Also visited some of the places at the Hill these terrorists rampaged through (not wholly of course because I was more interested in visiting the Library of Congress then seeing McConnell's Senate in action).

The thing is the Capitol complex is really really big, and complex and confusing. The floorplan that's open to the public isn't helpful...as they say, "the map is not the territory".

Navigating and locating specific offices, and it does seem from reports that Dem offices were raided more than GOP offices. I haven't heard a single story of GOP senators and reps having documents, laptops, and iPads stolen from them. If there are any please enlighten me, it's possible there are. Clyburn's work-office out-of-the-way with his laptop rather than his ceremonial office was raided, Nancy Pelosi of course was openly targeted for assassination (it's obvious that protestors from destroying her engraving, stealing her lectern and so on were specifically targeting her for execution). This is a sack motivated to target one party more than another. The only high profile Republican targeted is of course Mike Pence but other than Pence, it seems the rest were written off as collateral damage if it came to that, but incidental.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Schwarzenegger is still great compared to Trump, but Trump has lowered the bar so much Satan could now use it to exercise daily.

Ultimate Member

Lets wait for the investigation. I am pretty sure Antifa hacked her account and sent these tweets.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Yeah Schwarzenegger is still great compared to Trump, but Trump has lowered the bar so much Satan could now use it to exercise daily.
    The final lines of the novel Madame Bovary has this phrase, "The devil himself does not have a better practice." It's referring to a character who in the book embodies the mendacity, hypocrisy, bad faith, and populism of the newly emerging middle-class and their consumerist tendencies.

I think Trump is significantly worse than the devil. The devil is ultimately "bad cop" to God, there to keep you on the straight and narrow...but Trump is basically Nyarlathotep, who basically wants to corrupt stuff just coz. Trump corrupts the already bad and degraded into even worse people, he taints the mediocre, and makes the already craven even worse. He makes the vices and defects people have extreme and corrupts everything around him.

BANNED

That's what I expected. Pelosi will impeach but then delay sending the articles of Impeachment over the senate until the Dem Senate is ready. Schumer will meanwhile proceed with the appointments and house cleaning stuff to allow Biden's administration to proceed. Meanwhile the House and the Senate will commission an investigation and prep up witnesses, and Schumer who loves publicity and fancies himself a showman will put out the stops to show "This is how you make a political spectacle out of an impeachment, Mitch."

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's what I expected. Pelosi will impeach but then delay sending the articles of Impeachment over the senate until the Dem Senate is ready. Schumer will meanwhile proceed with the appointments and house cleaning stuff to allow Biden's administration to proceed. Meanwhile the House and the Senate will commission an investigation and prep up witnesses, and Schumer who loves publicity and fancies himself a showman will put out the stops to show "This is how you make a political spectacle out of an impeachment, Mitch."
    Normally I dont like making a show of things like impeachments. But this needs to be on every station, every radio, live streamed, every outlet that exsists.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I quit engaging her. After she said the video of Derrik Evans that Wv law maker was a deep fake and then after he admitting to being there after his arrest he is of course and Antifa plant.

The Trumpers who posted pictures and tweeted about what they were doing? Not there accounts were hacked. The guy in Pelosis office? A photo shopped picture and she bets a hundred bucks he was not there.

Last night I told her she needs to find another place to live because I just cant take this any more. I love her but I cant have this in my home any more.
    Sorry to hear it's come to that BB, but you got to take care of you.

It's a good strategy but they have such a slim majority in the Senate that I'm still skeptical they can get 2/3. I wish they could do an anonymous vote.