Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Sorry to hear it's come to that BB, but you got to take care of you.
    Thanks. i just cant handle being berated and insulted etc... in my own home because I am not a cult member. We tried the stay away from politics talk. Two hours later she was ranting and raving. My father was on the phone with his grandson for their weekly call. He is a huge Biden backer. She would not stop walking into his bed room to tell his grandson how he was wrong and an enemy of America etc... That was the line.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    his Twitter feed is a nonstop thread of self owns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Normally I dont like making a show of things like impeachments. But this needs to be on every station, every radio, live streamed, every outlet that exsists.
    McConnell wanted the Impeachment over and done with quickly so that the issues don't fan out and spread and become a national spectacle, i.e. the Benghazi for Trump or Watergate for Nixon.

Schumer would want to do the reverse. Stretch this out long and hard to make Trump unelectable the way it happened for HRC. Widen the spiral of collusion and collaboration so that any Trump-supporting and Trump-backing GOP is discredited and vulnerable in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    McConnell wanted the Impeachment over and done with quickly so that the issues don't fan out and spread and become a national spectacle, i.e. the Benghazi for Trump or Watergate for Nixon. .
    What I love is how the GOP and Trumpers lover hearing him talk and love putting him out in the open. Yet any time someone points out his lies, or during impeachment tries to bring up his crimes it is lets not make a spectacle, lets not sow division etc...
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It's a good strategy but they have such a slim majority in the Senate that I'm still skeptical they can get 2/3. I wish they could do an anonymous vote.
    It doesn't have to get to 2/3.

It's unlikely that they would impeach and remove by January 20, so this will be an impeachment of a former President.

They can bar him from running again.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...-2024-run.html

I'd imagine a different type of structure with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. The last time the Democratic controlled House was essentially the prosecution, while the Republican controlled Senate was the defense.

With Democrats controlling both, and a small number of Senate Republicans (definitely Romney, Murkowski and Toomey) likely to support various procedural motions, it'll have a different structure. The House is going to be more like a grand jury (albeit an open one) while the Senate will be the main trial, with witnesses called to give testimony of what Trump knew and did. There will be more exposure for the bad things Trump did.

Getting 17 Senators on-board is also likely to be a little bit easier when what Trump did is worse than last time, and it's not about removing a President who is popular with the base from office. He might also be more willing to settle.

Random thought. If Trump perjures himself, he'll be vulnerable to criminal charges. I do not envy the lawyers who have to find jurors who could enter that trial with an open mind.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

It's unlikely that they would impeach and remove by January 20, so this will be an impeachment of a former President.

I'd imagine a different type of structure with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. The last time the Democratic controlled House was essentially the prosecution, while the Republican controlled Senate was the defense.

With Democrats controlling both, and a small number of Senate Republicans (definitely Romney, Murkowski and Toomey) likely to support various procedural motions, it'll have a different structure. The House is going to be more like a grand jury (albeit an open one) while the Senate will be the main trial, with witnesses called to give testimony of what Trump knew and did. There will be more exposure for the bad things Trump did.

Getting 17 Senators on-board is also likely to be a little bit easier when what Trump did is worse than last time, and it's not about removing a President who is popular with the base from office. He might also be more willing to settle.

Random thought. If Trump perjures himself, he'll be vulnerable to criminal charges. I do not envy the lawyers who have to find jurors who could enter that trial with an open mind.
    That could be practically impossible. When it comes to Trump, people either love him or hate him, there isn’t any middle ground whatsoever.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That could be practically impossible. When it comes to Trump, people either love him or hate him, there isn’t any middle ground whatsoever.
    I agree. As reasonable as we all claim to be. There is no one really with an open mind on this. At least not to the sense that one persons views will change our minds. Our minds are already made up. And if in a trial on this matter I doubt that I could be fair.

BANNED

Anyway, the issue of the jury is a concern for Trump's defense. It's not for anyone else to be bothered by.

If need be you can draw a jury from a Native American reservation, they can be fairly neutral about this.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I agree. As reasonable as we all claim to be. There is no one really with an open mind on this. At least not to the sense that one persons views will change our minds. Our minds are already made up. And if in a trial on this matter I doubt that I could be fair.
    I damn well know I couldn’t. I’ve hated Trump BEFORE he went into politics because of his disgusting take on the Central Park Five, so there’s no way in hell I could even try to be impartial. Beyond any post-presidential impeachment hearings, Trump still has SDNY to deal with, and heaven only knows how long it could take them to seat a jury for a trial.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Hence my point about the actual constitution. She can't be like, nope, that constitution is a deep fake. Because it's not.

But we cannot let people keep thinking, or pretending the 1st Amendment does things it doesn't do!
    There are people who claim to support the Constitution when they actually haven't read it.

CNN said that Trump is going on Tuesday to inspect the Border wall in Texas. Who wants to keep a look out for the shady looking guy in the black van loading suitcases and taking 500 bucks from Trumps assistant. Then when the cameras are off Trump gets into the back of the van and rides into Mexico for parts unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

That's not likely to happen, either.

Indeed, Senate rules provide that such a ban may be enacted by a simple majority vote after two-thirds of the Senate has voted for conviction in an impeachment trial.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wish they could do an anonymous vote.
    Wouldn't that be up to the Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.