Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    CNN said that Trump is going on Tuesday to inspect the Border wall in Texas. Who wants to keep a look out for the shady looking guy in the black van loading suitcases and taking 500 bucks from Trumps assistant. Then when the cameras are off Trump gets into the back of the van and rides into Mexico for parts unknown.
    The rapists sending country Trump said was not a friend and were supposed to pay for that wall? He better start looking into fugitive Chapo fashion.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

CNN said that Trump is going on Tuesday to inspect the Border wall in Texas. Who wants to keep a look out for the shady looking guy in the black van loading suitcases and taking 500 bucks from Trumps assistant. Then when the cameras are off Trump gets into the back of the van and rides into Mexico for parts unknown.
    While ditching his security detachment? That would be something to say the least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

For anyone here who plays golf or follows the sport, the PGA of America officially announced that the 2022 PGA Championship won’t be held as scheduled at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster. I guess the events of 1/6 played a part in that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Exactly. I’ll work on unity once the people who fomented and profited off of this are removed. I’ll try for unity with the people who replace the bad actors and criminals.

There is no unity with the leadership and membership they currently have.
    IMO Republicans need to earn whatever cooperation they get from Democrats. They'll have to prove they're worth the effort.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Anyway, the issue of the jury is a concern for Trump's defense. It's not for anyone else to be bothered by.

If need be you can draw a jury from a Native American reservation, they can be fairly neutral about this.
    Jack, we all to often disagree, but that is the most brilliant idea I ever heard.

BANNED

Trump bailing and heading off to Mexico...would just be *chefs kiss* the cherry on the top of his monstrous hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Wouldn't that be up to the Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer?
    Yes.

But the Impeachment and 2/3rds vote is in the Constitution itself. The exact word is listed here:

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present. Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

So the Impeachment by itself will not send Trump to prison. The disqualification is mentioned vaguely and that mean the rules can be set by the Senate. Every Senate Majority Leader can determine and fix the rules and the norm is that the vote to disqualify a candidate comes down to a simple senate majority. But every Sen. Maj. Leader can set and redefine the rules. And the next one will be Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and I don't think he will alter the rule on this front.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Jack, we all to often disagree, but that is the most brilliant idea I ever heard.
    Thanks. Sometimes, I surprise myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Hence my point about the actual constitution. She can't be like, nope, that constitution is a deep fake. Because it's not.

But we cannot let people keep thinking, or pretending the 1st Amendment does things it doesn't do!
    And the 2nd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quite a few people connected to the riots are being detained and arrested at airports when they try to leave DC or land at their destinations

https://twitter.com/DJEkin/status/13...377412615?s=09

https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/stat...118273537?s=09
    These people should be on the no-fly list now as befits their new terrorist status.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-10-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    These people should be on the no-fly list now as befits their new terrorist status.
    I agree fully. And I hope the crackdown on those bastards not only continues, but intensifies. They ALL need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law for their heinous acts last week.

Astonishing Member

Hadn't this already happen before all this election madness? IIRC only in Canada and for whatever unimportant reason, but Trump whined about it because he's always had his priorities straight.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ;5321265
    And the 2nd as well [in response to a comment about constitutional amendments being stretched beyond their intent.
    Sadly, we won't fix gun mania without another SCOTUS decision, which we won't see until at least
    2/3 of the sitting gang are gone. The last two decisions on the second seemed to completely skate across its opening phrase: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..."
    After January 6, my response to this is:

Jameson laugh.jpg

The Trump Putsch is a manifestation of the militia attacking the security of a free State what with these ex-AAF and ex-veterans, off-duty cops, and other shadier types.

For these people, for the ones who tried to murder Governor Whitmer, they believe the 2nd Amendment is the constitution and nothing else counts.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For anyone here who plays golf or follows the sport, the PGA of America officially announced that the 2022 PGA Championship won’t be held as scheduled at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster. I guess the events of 1/6 played a part in that decision.
    Also, a lifetime ban on having any future events at any Trump properties.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

More like "Gitmo...", but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

Astonishing Member

The second Capitol Police Officer to have died Howard Liebengood has been confirmed to have committed suicide.

Here’s a statement from the police union.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.