Page 151 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I agree with this. Still plenty of time for Trump to either dig himself in a deeper hole or dig himself out of it. Too soon to tell.
    With so many dead and more angered, I don't see Trump being able to pull out of this nose dive, but yeah, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    You seem mainly concerned with the looting and burning of buildings though, I mean that’s all your posts are about. You don’t seem to give a dam about police brutality. Only the looting and rioting. You’re placing more value on buildings and TVs than you are on actual human lives. Like ok, it sucks that some people’s businesses were destroyed but buildings can be rebuilt and stuff can be replaced. George Floyd’s life can’t be replaced.

And neither can the many others who have died because of police brutality, nearly every week a black person is killed by police. That needs to stop, like right ******* now. It’s unacceptable, plain and simple. It’s a decision on your part to switch focus just because you see some buildings on fire and stuff being stolen.
    No, it's the people stealing TV's and Xboxes which are switching the focus. It should be about civil rights but a bunch of idiot's are just using this as an excuse to commit crime for free stuff.

Looting stores in your own community, many of which are minority owned, doesn't protect black people from police brutality. If anything it only gives police justification to escalate things.

I was an activist in college. I know first hand the detrimental effect a bunch of looters hijacking a peaceful lawful protest can hurt your cause. Stealing TVs has nothing to do with social justice. At worst it just gives ammunition to those trying to silence those voices.

And really the only reason I'm talking about it so much is because people are defending it. When we all agree police brutality is wrong, there's honestly not a lot to talk about. It's wrong. Period. But when we have people defending looting, then we have a discussion because many will disagree with that.

The fact that this is all taking place in a pandemic is another layer to this I have issues with. The coronovirus doesn't care whether the lives it takes are black or not.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-31-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Michelle Visage just posted this on Instagram, though it would be helpful to share, just in-case.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    You seem mainly concerned with the looting and burning of buildings though, I mean that’s all your posts are about. You don’t seem to give a dam about police brutality. Only the looting and rioting. You’re placing more value on buildings and TVs than you are on actual human lives. Like ok, it sucks that some people’s businesses were destroyed but buildings can be rebuilt and stuff can be replaced. George Floyd’s life can’t be replaced.
    People can be concerned about many things at once, how about asking what they think of police brutality first before assuming? Why wouldn't people be concerned about looting and rioting, those are subjects which should be discussed.

It's not about what "sucks," these are acts which will make people employed and homeless and make companies want to leave the community. There is no guarantee these things will be replaced, rioters aren't only attacking companies they know for a fact they'll do that. They certainly don't mind putting peoples livelihoods in danger during a pandemic when Trump is the president. How many of these employees and business owners are minorities themselves? There have been reporters that many had their businesses destroyed from this.

No, his life won't be replaced and this won't bring him back, either. This isn't about desecrating Confederate statues, this is about peoples livelihoods. It will, however, leave the community shattered in the aftermath during a pandemic. It's not solely about the anger now, it's about the unintended consequences that'll be left when this is over. This isn't a video game where the community will rebuild itself afterward like a computer reboot as though nothing happened, the consequent could last for years or life times.

And neither can the many others who have died because of police brutality, nearly every week a black person is killed by police. That needs to stop, like right ******* now. It’s unacceptable, plain and simple. It’s a decision on your part to switch focus just because you see some buildings on fire and stuff being stolen.
    How is robbing a store doing anything about police brutality? The police don't work there, the employees who do might even be sympathetic to the protesters and it'll be them who suffer when Target takes their business elsewhere. In the middle of a pandemic. This lens you're focused on is that of the outsider of that community, what if it was a building you worked out that was on fire? "Stuff being stolen" isn't noble, it's theft. Acts which hurt the moment it's going to be aligned with to the public because criminals exploit protests and riots for their own gain. There's nothing noble about stealing the latest Nintendo console.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    With so many dead and more angered, I don't see Trump being able to pull out of this nose dive, but yeah, who knows?
    Americans are pretty stupid. A simple diversion sometime in late October should do the trick!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Americans are pretty stupid. A simple diversion sometime in late October should do the trick!
    Also the fact that the eye of the storm in all of this is Minnesota, a liberal state, COULD be used to their advantage. It's hard to say, because stuff can be spun to meet whatever narrative is needed.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No, it's the people stealing TV's and Xboxes which are switching the focus. It should be about civil rights but a bunch of idiot's are just using this as an excuse to commit crime for free stuff.

Looting stores in your own community, many of which are minority owned, doesn't protect black people from police brutality. If anything it only gives police justification to escalate things.

I was an activist in college. I know first hand the detrimental effect a bunch of looters hijacking a peaceful lawful protest can hurt your cause. Stealing TVs has nothing to do with social justice. At worst it just gives ammunition to those trying to silence those voices.

And really the only reason I'm talking about it so much is because people are defending it. When we all agree police brutality is wrong, there's honestly not a lot to talk about. It's wrong. Period. But when we have people defending looting, then we have a discussion because many will disagree with that.

The fact that this is all taking place in a pandemic is another layer to this I have issues with. The coronovirus doesn't care whether the lives it takes are black or not.
    I haven’t seen anyone defending looting and rioting, only people who are expressing sympathy and understanding with the anger and frustration that many people have. Anger and frustration is perfectly understandable. It’s not the protestors fault that police continue to kill unarmed black people. It’s up to the police to change. And it is absolutely your choice to shift focus on the looting and burning buildings.

There’s also plenty of examples of police instigating conflict from the last couple days. There’s a video of police driving into protesters in NY, there’s a video of police firing paint canisters into people’s porch, there’s video and photos of several reporters and camera crew being arrested and hit with rubber bullets just for doing their job. You don’t seem concerned with any of that, only the looting and burning.

And of course there’s plenty of examples of peaceful protests and of police joining with the protesters in solidarity, you could focus on that instead, but no instead the last 10 pages are full of people complaining about looting and burning buildings.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How is robbing a store doing anything about police brutality? The police don't work there, the employees who do might even be sympathetic to the protesters and it'll be them who suffer when Target takes their business elsewhere. In the middle of a pandemic. This lens you're focused on is that of the outsider of that community, what if it was a building you worked out that was on fire? "Stuff being stolen" isn't noble, it's theft. Acts which hurt the moment it's going to be aligned with to the public because criminals exploit protests and riots for their own gain. There's nothing noble about stealing the latest Nintendo console.
    No one is saying that stealing video games is noble, wtf? I’m only pointing out that people’s lives are more important than stuff and buildings.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Protesters in some cities target Confederate monuments

Now I can get behind tearing that **** down. Not a Target or someone's small business. These racist monuments that they protect so hard and people have sued and tried all legal means to get taken down but they are still up.

break all that ****
    Im fine with that

the Market House in Fayetteville, NC - where slaves were bought and sold

and the Daughters Of The Confederacy building in Richmond both caught fire

let them burn to the ground

Intermediary

from Twitter

there are two americas: one fights for black lives and the other fights for brunch - @ZIWE

2Americas.jpg

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I’ve known about having to reform the police and other matters so as to improve black peoples’ quality of live for awhile, but it seems the only way black peoples‘ lives will truly be fulfilled in their mattering is if someone with enough power steps up to sway the narrative that way. From what I’ve seen so far, it seems that it won’t be Trump, but I’m sure that the good, however small, will still eventually seek its way to the top and prevail in influencing the narrative to sway for the better of black lives and peace through proper justice in communities as a whole. It just hasn’t gotten to that point yet.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-31-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Intermediary

anyone who thinks that The Idiot was ever capable of uniting anyone needs serious professional help

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    from Twitter

there are two americas: one fights for black lives and the other fights for brunch - @ZIWE

2Americas.jpg
    That's inaccurate as most people aren't protesting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's inaccurate as most people aren't protesting.
    Ive got 3 major protests happening here in CT today, and we are a deep blue state

it's more than you think