Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Goddamn Republicans. 45 of 'em just voted that this second impeachment trial is unconstitutional.
    It's kinda weird that Republicans felt Hillary Clinton needed to be held accountable for Benghazi and disqualified for office... but Trump can attempt a coup on U.S. soil and the GOP oddly have a double standard about it.

I guess IOKIYAR yet again.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I hope he is okay and he comes back soon, I'm really starting to fear we have another RBG situation here. Someone getting up in years who maybe should have rode off into the sunset earlier who suddenly dies (god forbid) and who get's replaced with a Republican conservative pick.
    There have been reports the last few years and a growing muttering that longtime California Senator Diane Feinstein is in some stage of dementia and aides have been trying to talk her into stepping down/aside. It's reasonable to expect that a Democrat would replace her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    His wife had cancer at the time too, IIRC. And wasn't the GOP majority leader at the time molesting kids?
    Even better, he went to the hospital and served her with divorce papers while she was recovering from cancer surgery. As for the GOP leader you may be thinking of the Speaker of the House after Gingrich, Dennis Hastert who was accused and a bunch of evidence saying that he sexually assaulted dozens of wrestlers while he was a coach in college

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpLutz View Post
    There have been reports the last few years and a growing muttering that longtime California Senator Diane Feinstein is in some stage of dementia and aides have been trying to talk her into stepping down/aside. It's reasonable to expect that a Democrat would replace her.
    Do you have any of those reports to prove that they're credible? I'm going to need more than "some people say" for an accusation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Do you have any of those reports to prove that they're credible? I'm going to need more than "some people say" for an accusation like that.
    https://www.***************.com/schu...sation-2020-12

That's as close as its gotten to any official confirmation or credible sources.

Sigh. That's a business insider link.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Jodie Laubenberg, of the Texas House of Representatives, who for over a decade, has shown amazing hypocrisy on her supposed pro-life stance. She can undauntingly push for legislation that would close all abortion clinics in Texas, but at other times, has screamed at Democrats on the floor over the Texas House when debate over health insurance covering pre-natal care comes up and she wants children's health insurance and pre-natal insurance to go unfunded because "there's no money for it". She also once argued against an anti-abortion bill having exceptions for rape and incest in it because "the emergency rooms they have what’s called rape kits, that the woman can get cleaned out, basically like a D and C.” Politifact gave that statement that rape kits end pregnancies its own rare "Pants of Fire" rating, because yes, it's that ridiculous. Laubenberg has also compared Planned Parenthood to Nazis eugenics scientists, because Godwin’s Law is never far from the lips of an anti-abortion lunatic like her. In August of 2017 Laubenberg announced that this would be her last term in the Texas House of Representatives, and after 16 years of trying to criminalize abortion and harass the LGBTQ community, she will fade away into retirement.

It was on this date in 2019, as well as 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Kyle Biedermann, a member of the Texas House of Representatives representing District 73 who is the fella on the right in the above photo dressed up for Halloween as “Gay Hitler”. Now, we’re already off to a great start for this profile, just based on that image, but even Biedermann’s explanation as to why he had a photo of himself dressed up as the Flamboyant Fuhrer for Halloween on his Facebook page during his first run for office back in 2016 is… bothersome. He responded to this first controversy by saying he was “not gay and never have been. Don’t know anything about Swingers Clubs and no desire to find out.”

We are going to point out that Biedermann neglected to deny being a Nazi in that non-apology (which is the far more offensive thing to go and dress up as)… so…

Now, at this point, Kyle Biedermann as a political outsider rushing into Texas politics might seem like he’d be a long shot on the ballot… and then word also came out regarding his history of mental instability. Court documents from Biedermann’s divorce detailed several incidents where he verbally and physically abused his wife, and was negligent as a father, trying to avoid taking his daughter to the hospital when she broke both her wrists because he didn’t want to pay for any medical bills. The judge ordered him to stay away from his wife and not to contact his daughters by telephone…

Somehow, Biederman survived in the GOP Primary, getting 40% in the initial round of voting. In the final primary vote, he got 55% over incumbent Texas state legislator Doug Miller, and went on to raise hell at the state capitol, immediately joining the Texas House Freedom Caucus, with such luminaries as CSGOPOTD alumni like Jonathan Stickland and Tony Tinderholt. How, based off of the “Gay Hitler” photo and being a documented domestic abuser that this guy could still find his way into office… well, there are reasons we have to pause from writing this blog sometimes to pour out a stiff drink, and Kyle Biedermann sure is one of them.

Now, when we say that Kyle Biedermann joined the Texas House Freedom caucus and started raising hell, rest assured, we’re not saying he’s subtle. Only a few weeks into his freshman term in the state legislature, he sent out a deliberately offensive “survey” on Texas Muslim Day at the state capitol to mosques statewide that demanded a response from Muslim leaders about their beliefs in Shariah law, their opinions about if the Muslim Brotherhood should be designated as a terrorist organization, and about ideological organizations that claim to oppose Islamic extremism.

If that weren’t enough to show he’s a bit intolerant, there’s also Biedermann’s obsession with ending the Texas Dream Act, which would effectively end in-state tuition for any student who came to the United States illegally (obviously not intending to exclude those who were brought here as children whether they were willing or not). And, we’ll add that Biedermann co-sponsored HB 3859, a bill to allow adoption agencies in Texas to refuse to place children with same-sex parents, because you just knew that “Gay Hitler” thing wasn’t a one-off of homophobia. It’s like he’s playing to bigots across the board, or something…

Case in point, in 2019, Biedermann filed legislation to protect Confederate monuments, and pretending there’s a slippery slope where people will tear down the Alamo or World War II memorials, of which, there are zero calls for. Biedermann has also been caught using Facebook to anonymously manipulate public opinion in his favor, even on issues as simplistic as nixing money that would have been spent on the construction of sports fields for youths to play on in the city of Fredericksburg.

Kyle Biedermann managed to be re-elected in 2020, coasting to victory in November with 75% of the vote. However, he promptly went completely bats***. In December, he sponsored legislation to have Texas secede from the United States and return to being its own independent nation. He was just warming up. Biedermann might not be remaining in the Texas state legislature for long, as he has been identified as having taken part in the seditious activities in Washington, D.C. on January 6th. Both Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick have called on him to resign, because while those two nitwits spent weeks spreading election fraud conspiracy theories, actually believing the lies and running around the capitol is a bridge too far, even for them. And no, Biedermann did not have much in the way of regrets for his actions in the capitol on 1/6, because only two days later, he was still grousing about the election results, and calling for #Texit, where Texas would leave the union rather than be governed by a Democratic president.

We’re going to continue to monitor Kyle Biedermann, and hope he is either expelled from the legislature or charged with sedition for what he’s done.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Liked Posts Calling For Killing Democratic Politicians: Reports

“Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views,” the newly elected Georgia Republican said. But yeah, let's have unity with Republicans!

Biden Administration Says It Will Buy 200 Million More COVID-19 Shots

If successful, that would increase the national supply by 50% ― enough to vaccinate nearly the entire U.S. population by the end of summer. A lofty goal. I hope Biden can pull it off.

How Biden Is Erasing Trump’s White Supremacist Legacy

And possibly advancing the cause of racial justice. As a person of color, I'm glad Biden is taking these important steps.

‘Stop The Steal’ Organizer With Ties To Trump Arrested After Capitol Insurrection

“Perhaps I missed the part where it was agreed this would be a revolution of ice cream cones & hair-braiding parties,” Brandon Straka wrote the day of the siege. Find them all. Arrest them all. Charge them all. JAIL THEM ALL.

Experts Question Florida Bid To Host 2021 Summer Olympics: ‘Mind-Bogglingly Stupid’

A top Florida official wrote a letter to the International Olympic Committee requesting the games be relocated to his state if Tokyo backs out. To quote the immortal Ted Kord: BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Palm Beach Conducting ‘Legal Review’ Of Trump’s Use Of Mar-A-Lago As A Residence

On Wednesday, the former president will again violate the seven-consecutive-day limit he agreed to as a condition of turning the residence into a club. Well, if Trump tires of the hassle, he could always move back to New York City.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-27-2021 at 02:37 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Tucker plays a clip of Schiff discussing the danger of white nationalist terrorists and tells his viewers: “they’re talking about you”

First Rand Paul, now Tucker Carlson. Is it the premise they are pushing that, if you are White and Conservative, then you are a White Nationalist so embrace it and join the club because everyone else hates you?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's kinda weird that Republicans felt Hillary Clinton needed to be held accountable for Benghazi and disqualified for office... but Trump can attempt a coup on U.S. soil and the GOP oddly have a double standard about it.

I guess IOKIYAR yet again.
    Right? I'm starting to think the odds are better for winning the lottery than they are for Trump successfully being held accountable for literally anything.

As soon as Scotland becomes independent I'm immigrating to there, but I'll hold off on renouncing my U.S. citizenship in case I need to vote against the bastard in 2024.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-27-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Capitol rioters being arrested to “Layla” and Narrated by Ray Liotta from Goodfellas.

Oh my god how am I just seeing this.

My, God. This lady chasing and harassing @davidhogg111
    thru the streets of Capitol Hill is deeply disturbing and cookoo-crazy. This woman is a Member of Congress, paid by our tax-dollars. Republicans need to ask themselves, what the hell kind of Party elects this type of nut-job.
    Twitter Link with video
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

This isn’t surprising but still sad nonetheless.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This isn’t surprising but still sad nonetheless.
    I can't really articulate the profound sadness I am feeling that is mixed with the anti-climatic shock.

I'm not surprised, either.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-27-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium