Page 158 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 581081481541551561571581591601611621682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And in a 'What the hell were they thinking?" moment, Roger Goddell released a statement of sympathy over the George Floyd situation. People they rightly called him on his hypocrisy.
    The stupidity and arrogance of the league to issue such a statement was beyond ridiculous, especially after having blacklisted Kaepernick for his peaceful form of protest.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Two nights ago the protesters tore down the MIA flag and the Hamilton County Flag. Replacing an American flag with the one they did I dont get that. Do they think the protesters if they get the chance will not tear it down. But these are Sheriffs Deputies from the jail not the city police. I have said in other posts I am kind of impressed with how the city police or at least Police Chief Elliot Issac handled the protests on the first night. he came out and talked to protesters outside district one for a good amount. of time. When people began breaking windows and looting in Over the Rhine he came to the scene and to talk to officers and make sure they did not over react. i was impressed with this. he has been holding several briefings a day with police officers explaining how he wants things handled and has stayed on over night so he gets first hand accounts. he has publicly stated that any officer crossing the line with protesters would be punished and the union be damned. I Didnt think I would say this when he was first hired but he is the kind of chief we need more of.

I know Cicy officers have been watched over very closely since the riots years ago in the city. There were over sites set in place. And Issac started more programs for public over site and information. There are still problems to be sure but Issac who I was not a fan of at first is trying hard to change things and several city council members are working with him. And one of those councilmen Jeff Pastor has been out every night of the pretests to try and deescalate things.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-31-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Hillary won the popular vote.
    Mets likes to bring up Dems not getting over 50% of the vote. Not sure his point?

Because there has only been one Presidential election in the last 30 years where a Republican has gotten more votes than the Democrat.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Mets likes to bring up Dems not getting over 50% of the vote. Not sure his point?

Because there has only been one Presidential election in the last 30 years where a Republican has gotten more votes than the Democrat.
    Trying to make the Democrats look weaker than they are to the electorate, I assume.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If the journalists are in danger on the front lines of the riot, then I certainly wouldn't expect them to be interviewing people.

But I'll wager if there are injured protestors, you can go to any nearby local hospital to find a few potential sources you can interview. It shouldn't be that hard to find, as I'll wager the people injured by the police are pretty eager to tell what happened on local or national media. They're doing this to get spotlight on the issue, so I imagine the protestors are actively trying to get interviewed.
    I mean there’s plenty of reporters and journalists doing exactly that. Also there’s videos and photos of them being arrested and attacked, so I’m not sure why your saying “if they are in danger”

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status...285127687?s=20

the second tweet in that link has a reporter interviewing a nurse who working in a medical tent, and the nurses in the tent were fired on by police
    Last edited by Maine Starfish; 05-31-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Trump took shelter in White House bunker as protests raged

Not a good look for him

WASHINGTON (AP) — Secret Service agents rushed President Donald Trump to a White House bunker on Friday night as hundreds of protesters gathered outside the executive mansion, some of them throwing rocks and tugging at police barricades.

Trump spent nearly an hour in the bunker, which was designed for use in emergencies like terrorist attacks, according to a Republican close to the White House who was not authorized to publicly discuss private matters and spoke on condition of anonymity. The account was confirmed by an administration official who also on condition of anonymity.

The abrupt decision by the agents underscored the rattled mood inside the White House, where the chants from protesters in Lafayette Park could be heard all weekend and Secret Service agents and law enforcement officers struggled to contain the crowds.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After proclaiming with exclamation marks how his response in regards to the dishonor of George Floyd’s memory was by glorifying violence and shooting people simply for looting, while not addressing how to improve police departments, the it’s indeed quite a terrible look to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

I was responding to someone who said Trump hadn't won the majority, so it's relevant that no one did.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The bridges from Philly were closed, so the crazies won’t be able to migrate over into South Jersey and especially Camden which certainly doesn’t need the madness.
    Just be careful. Same to everyone else who might find themselves too close to the storm.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I agree with that. He did bring a lot of attention to his cause. But sadly most of it was negative because of how he protested and sadly that took a lot away from his message which is a very important one. People chose to focus on the wrong thing, I think the backlash he got for it was insane. No one black, white, Latino etc.. Dem or Republican man or woman should be abused and punished for holding a peaceful protest that hurt no one.
    It should be noted that not many people had a negative view of his protest until Trump started tweeting about it. My personal theory is that he did it to cover for the news that Jared and Ivanka had been caught using a private email server for official business, basically what Hillary Clinton had been vilified for by Trump himself.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I mean there’s plenty of reporters and journalists doing exactly that. Also there’s videos and photos of them being arrested and attacked, so I’m not sure why your saying “if they are in danger”

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status...285127687?s=20

the second tweet in that link has a reporter interviewing a nurse who working in a medical tent, and the nurses in the tent were fired on by police
    My post was really in response t someone citing that there is no coverage of protesters being injured. I was merely saying it's surprising if that's true since injured protesters should be easy to find. If there is in fact coverate of injured protesters, like one would likely expect, then lack of coverage of injured protesters isn't an issue I guess. I didn't make the claim.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Washington Post has a article about journalists covering the protests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...482_story.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...elaware-2020-5

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday made an unannounced visit to a site in Wilmington, Delaware where protests against police brutality and racism took place the night before.
    Leaving his home for the second time in a week, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee recognized the death of George Floyd, a black man who was killed in Minneapolis police custody last week. His campaign posted a photo of Biden kneeling on the ground facing a black man also kneeling with his young son.
    Biden has attempted to strike a unifying tone in his public statements as demonstrations continued in at least 75 US cities over the weekend.
    Meanwhile, Trump hides in a bunker.

Astonishing Member

I remember when trump said something about confronting school shooters yet here he is cowering in a bunker. I don't recall Nixon hiding in a bunker when rioters went to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I remember when trump said something about confronting school shooters yet here he is cowering in a bunker. I don't recall Nixon hiding in a bunker when rioters went to the White House.
    That's probably a call by the Secret Service more than Trump himself.

Still, he's clearly feeling the heat. Moreso than usual.