Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Edit: nevermind
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-28-2021 at 03:09 PM.

https://******.com/article/lliquid-n...84b6964782e9fe

https://******.com/article/lliquid-n...84b6964782e9fe
    Click to copy
    RELATED TOPICS
    U.S. News
    AP Top News
    Georgia
    Gainesville
    Liquid nitrogen leak at Georgia poultry plant kills 6
    JEFF AMY
    an hour ago

1 of 4
    A Hall County Sheriff guards the entrance to the campus of Free Chapel, a church where about 130 workers were taken by bus to be examined for injuries following a liquid nitrogen leak at nearby Prime Pak Foods in Gainesville, Ga. A liquid nitrogen leak at the northeast Georgia poultry plant killed six people Thursday, with multiple others taken to the hospital, officials said. (WGCL-TV via AP).
    GAINESVILLE, Ga, (AP) — A liquid nitrogen leak at a northeast Georgia poultry plant killed six people Thursday, with multiple others taken to the hospital, officials said.

At least three of those injured at the Foundation Food Group plant in Gainesville were reported in critical condition.

Poultry plants rely on refrigeration systems that can include liquid nitrogen. Firefighters, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the state fire marshal were investigating the cause of the leak.

“It was a leak of unknown cause that has occurred in the system here,” Hall County Fire Department Division Chief Zach Brackett said. “We still have a lot of information we’re trying to gather from the scene.”

Foundation Food Group Vice President for Human Resources Nicholas Ancrum called the leak a tragic accident and said early indications are that a nitrogen line ruptured in the facility.

When leaked into the air, liquid nitrogen vaporizes into an odorless gas that’s capable of displacing oxygen. That means leaks in enclosed spaces can become deadly by pushing away breathable air, according to the U.S. Chemical Safety Board.

Workers who had fled the plant were gathered outside when firefighters responded to the leak Thursday morning, Bracket said.

“Once the units arrived, they found a large contingent of employees that had evacuated, along with multiple victims that were in that crowd that were also experiencing medical emergencies around the facility,” Brackett told reporters in a televised news briefing.
    I hope that more stringent federal regulations can be put in place regarding these facilities, including having fully staffed federal inspectors who can actively check on these facilities. I wouldn't expect much of anything from the Georgia state legislature under the Republican leadership. All you'd get is a bunch of rhetoric about "harming jobs creators", etc. Accidents can happen under any kind of administration, but the GOP in today's culture tend to be mainly about deregulation as some kind of key to solving problems rather than starting them.

I hope that Warnock and Ossoff are paying attention, their staff need to brief them on these type of events.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Robinhood abruptly restricts transactions for GameStop stock

This isn't even capitalism, it's some strange form of feudalism.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cruz is on AOC's side on this, too.

Hell hath frozen.
    He wants a free market.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post

It's important now for the investors to hold the line as hedges are now manipulating the price to get people to panic sell. I'm really hoping this reaches the 1K goal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's important now for the investors to hold the line as hedges are now manipulating the price to get people to panic sell. I'm really hoping this reaches the 1K goal.
    This is becoming a political issue and test for the Economic policies of the new administration.

Janet Yellen the new head of the Fed formerly got speaking fees from the hedge fund that got wrecked by Reddit.

The Progressive wing (AOC, Warren) has taken an anti-hedge fund position but what will the rest do?

It was explained on MSNBC by Rhule that the issue is that (in simple terms) there are no more Stocks left to buy. Once all the stocks are bought up, attempts to purchase more stock creates problems for everyone, including the brokers like Robinhood.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was explained on MSNBC by Rhule that the issue is that (in simple terms) there are no more Stocks left to buy. Once all the stocks are bought up, attempts to purchase more stock creates problems for everyone, including the brokers like Robinhood.
    Wouldn't decreased supply meeting increased demand just raise the cost of the stock?

Is there some kind of slowdown on apps if supply is low?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This is becoming a political issue and test for the Economic policies of the new administration.

Janet Yellen the new head of the Fed formerly got speaking fees from the hedge fund that got wrecked by Reddit.

The Progressive wing (AOC, Warren) has taken an anti-hedge fund position but what will the rest do?
    From what I'm seeing on twitter there is bipartisan support for the redditors. I'm waiting to see if that support will translate to something beneficial. These guys need protections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Wouldn't decreased supply meeting increased demand just raise the cost of the stock?

Is there some kind of slowdown on apps if supply is low?
    I think the implication is that the rules and regulations that are needed to keep things like this under control, for the sake of everyone involved, are not there. It's like a run away train where the brakes don't work under certain conditions.

Arizona GOP lawmaker introduces bill to give Legislature power to toss out election results

The Republican chair of Arizona's state House Ways and Means Committee introduced a bill Wednesday that would give the Legislature authority to override the secretary of state’s certification of its electoral votes.

GOP Rep. Shawnna Bolick introduced the bill, which rewrites parts of the state's election law, such as sections on election observers and securing and auditing ballots, among other measures.

One section grants the Legislature, which is currently under GOP control, the ability to revoke the secretary of state's certification at any time before the presidential inauguration.

Astonishing Member

Man...I never want to hear any lectures from conservatives about accepting election results when they don’t go our way ever again after this.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-28-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Lauren Boebert continuing to be a s***ty sack of crap.

David, please. We all saw how tough you were when questioned face to face.

Give your keyboard a rest, child.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Well I guess they can breathe a sigh of relief that Trump isn’t going to start a new party, though I’m sure that was all talk to begin with...
    Someone needs to tell these idiots that Trump only has as much power and credibility as they're willing to give him.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

So, it's capitalism.