Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a stretch to call it Biden's plan, but detainees in Guantanamo will start receiving the vaccine.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/29/khalid...in-guantanamo/
    The Biden Administration has suspended the plan to vaccinate folks at Guantanamo.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If one inmate gets it it puts every guard at risk, and the guards there come from military barracks. Why is the NY Post against protecting American servicemen?
    The average person would say if there was so much concern for the guard give them the shot and not inmates in a prison who were arrested on terrorism. That is how most people would see it. to be honest my father who is very high risk still cant get the shot. So I was a bit annoyed at hearing that the inmates at Guantanamo were going to get it. Yea you can say that it was only going to be 40. Thats fine. But if my father were to die because he cant get the shot or other people whose family members dies because they could not get the shot would be pretty upset. I cant blame them. That is just a human reaction.

At least that is how most Americans would see it. or how the GOP would play it off if they really wanted to go after Biden and how he is handling the virus over Trump.

To be honest I think the guards and other workers in prison should get first dibs over inmates. Or have the inmates follow the same guide lines as everyone else. Have them get the shot at the same time as any other person on the current tier in that state. I dont know how many inmates in American jails in prisons got the shot, I know they were talking of a plan in Ohio but it got blocked if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-30-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There are 40 inmates at Gitmo now. Is this really a problem whether they get vaccinated or not. Trump left us high and dry with no vaccine plan, and THIS is what traitor McCarthy wants to concern himself with. Trying to find crap just to attack Biden is not an act of unity, as if the GOP ever wanted that.
    That's the GOP plan at this point. Check Democrats' plans to prosecute Trump through "unity" rhetoric while criticizing and misrepresenting every single thing they can to discredit the Biden administration.
    Because that's what the country needs in a time of crisis. Half it's representatives sabotaging the process.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The average person would say if there was so much concern for the guard give them the shot and not inmates in a prison who were arrested on terrorism. That is how most people would see it. to be honest my father who is very high risk still cant get the shot. So I was a bit annoyed at hearing that the inmates at Guantanamo were going to get it. Yea you can say that it was only going to be 40. Thats fine. But if my father were to die because he cant get the shot or other people whose family members dies because they could not get the shot would be pretty upset. I cant blame them. That is just a human reaction.

At least that is how most Americans would see it. or how the GOP would play it off if they really wanted to go after Biden and how he is handling the virus over Trump.

To be honest I think the guards and other workers in prison should get first dibs over inmates. Or have the inmates follow the same guide lines as everyone else. Have them get the shot at the same time as any other person on the current tier in that state. I dont know how many inmates in American jails in prisons got the shot, I know they were talking of a plan in Ohio but it got blocked if I recall correctly.
    The inmates can't follow social distancing guidelines, prisons aren't built for such things from what I have seen. But the inmates are a primary vector - their ability to infect each other, and then the guards, makes those 40 doses incredibly effective.

I understand the optics are going to look terrible to the public, but the health/science aspect doesn't care about optics.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The inmates can't follow social distancing guidelines, prisons aren't built for such things from what I have seen. But the inmates are a primary vector - their ability to infect each other, and then the guards, makes those 40 doses incredibly effective.

I understand the optics are going to look terrible to the public, but the health/science aspect doesn't care about optics.
    Ive been to prison. i know there is no social distancing. I also know that most people would be super upset if an inmate got the shot before a high risk family member. Inmates should not be given shots first because they are in a place they cant social distance. I am not saying they should not get it. just follow the same guidelines as everyone else. If the state is on phase 1 then the inmates who follow under phase one should get it. A 19 year old low risk man in prison should not get it first over a high risk front line worker or someone just because they are in prison. I also think that the guards and workers should get top billing because they are leaving the prison where as the inmates are not.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Republicans: mocking victims of school shootings.

Me: *checks notes* I thought dead children was something of a serious issue for you people?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

Me: *checks notes* I thought dead children was something of a serious issue for you people?
    When did they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    When did they do this?
    Marjorie Taylor Greene has been in the news because of this for the last couple of days. Boebert seems to be following suit.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Marjorie Taylor Greene has been in the news because of this for the last couple of days. Boebert seems to be following suit.
    Not shocking they would be the ones in something like that. Thanks I will check it out.

Only when it doesn't interfere with their pandering to the gun-nuts and ammo-sexuals.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Well, that and the other crazy stuff she has been up to. Claims that the Camp Fire in California was started by a Secret Jewish Space Laser, 9/11 being an inside job, and bragging to a friendly interviewer (on camera!) about having a higher degree of involvement in the Trumpenputsch than she admits to more neutral media.

The woman belongs in an institution, not Congress.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Two Arizona legislators who went to the U.S. Capitol the day it was stormed by a mob earlier this month will not provide emails or text messages about their travel to Washington, D.C.

The Arizona Republic asked the state House of Representatives to provide any such messages from Rep. Mark Finchem, R-Oro Valley, and then-Rep. Anthony Kern, R-Glendale, under public records laws.

But responding through a private attorney, and not the House, the duo said they would not turn over any records that are on their “personal devices,” arguing that these are not public records.

The letter also noted the ongoing FBI investigation into the storming of the U.S. Capitol and added that even if the lawmakers agreed the records were public, "the threat of criminal prosecution gives rise to certain Constitutional rights that may overcome the duty to disclose otherwise public documents under Arizona’s public records law.”
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ot/4265465001/

Oh WBE-Eeeeeee...

Two of your alums are at it again! :P

Whatever.... nevermind.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-30-2021 at 09:06 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, that and the other crazy stuff she has been up to. Claims that the Camp Fire in California was started by a Secret Jewish Space Laser, 9/11 being an inside job, and bragging to a friendly interviewer (on camera!) about having a higher degree of involvement in the Trumpenputsch than she admits to more neutral media.

The woman belongs in an institution, not Congress.
    Stevie Wonder could see Greene is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Problem is, she wouldn't be spewing that nonsense if she didn't know Republicans had her back and won't get rid of her, no matter how jaw dropping insane she sounds. Better to circle the wagons and keep that lunatic in Congress than to give Democrats a win by publicly admitting she shouldn't be there in the first place.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah but to their Q and Info Wars poisoned minds, the school shooting were “false flag operations” so it’s ok to mock the parents of murdered children.