Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Short and sweet: it dies on the vine. If SDNY nails Trump's ass to the wall and he's sent to prison, no one can take his place, not Don Junior, not Eric, and damn sure not Ivanka. Trumpism is all about racism, white nationalism and white grievance, without their fearless leader who spews all that venom like lava, Trumpanzees become marginalized.
    Let's not get that complacent. These people aren't going away even if Trump does. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert are the proof of that. So we better all vote in 2022 or we will see another Tea Party Wave, except this time it will be the Q-Anon Wave.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    See kids, bullying works.

Kamala Harris dropping on West Virginia State TV i.e. a direct message from the boss to Manchin's voters, which led to the Governor of WV i.e. underboss to Manchin, giving his okay, led Manchin to roll over his bipartisanship shtick.
    Manchin was gonna do it anyhow once it came to it. He did it last year if anyone remembers. He isn't a complete Democrat or Republican. He's a smart guy who will do what he can in WV. Its how he was Governor and Senator for years. Harris helped make his decision quicker. But he was gonna go that way once push came to shove.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Let's not get that complacent. These people aren't going away even if Trump does. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert are the proof of that. So we better all vote in 2022 or we will see another Tea Party Wave, except this time it will be the Q-Anon Wave.
    Agreed. Sitting back and taking it easy is no longer optional.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

This is a chilling video of putsch.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Everybody's favorite broken Hitler Youth mannequin is at it again:

20210202_105322.jpg

He's so HOT when he makes Holocaust jokes and waxes poetic about Hitler! Personally, I hope the next insurrection attempt takes place in the Summer, so he can take off his shirt while giving another speech to encourage and inflame his followers to commit acts of treason. Let's see them guns, Maddy-Moo! And smile for the camera, because all that matters is that you're a photogenic white guy, not that you're an awful human being with abhorrent beliefs and worse worshippers...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    It's possible they didn't vote because Donny had already convinced them that their vote wouldn't be counted thanks to voter fraud.
    A factor no doubt. However, it also tracks with findings that sizeable chunks of professed Evangelicals (call it 1/4-1/3) don't actually attend church on the reg. So, it's not surprising the Torch-&-Pitchfork Brigade was a bit Voter-Sticker-Lite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Everybody's favorite broken Hitler Youth mannequin is at it again:

20210202_105322.jpg

He's so HOT when he makes Holocaust jokes and waxes poetic about Hitler! Personally, I hope the next insurrection attempt takes place in the Summer, so he can take off his shirt while giving another speech to encourage and inflame his followers to commit acts of treason. Let's see them guns, Maddy-Moo! And smile for the camera, because all that matters is that you're a photogenic white guy, not that you're an awful human being with abhorrent beliefs and worse worshippers...
    It's amazing how people misuse the whole poem. The point is people don't care or act when they come for the most oppressed and dispossessed. "It's first they came for the Jews...and I didn't care because I wasn't Jewish". In American context, it would be "first they came for the Native Americans..."

Going for "first they came for the Free Market" implies that Hitler was somehow the guy who came for the Free Market first, when in fact he never really touched the free market or capitalism.

It's amazing how people misuse the whole poem. The point is people don't care or act when they come for the most oppressed and dispossessed. "It's first they came for the Jews...and I didn't care because I wasn't Jewish". In American context, it would be "first they came for the Native Americans..."

Going for "first they came for the Free Market" implies that Hitler was somehow the guy who came for the Free Market first, when in fact he never really touched the free market or capitalism.
    I know, right? The thing that makes this even sadder is that I know several Republican, right wing, former-Barry-Goldwater boosters who are Orthodox Jewish and had blood relatives in the camps. But they support the likes of this guy, because he 'supports Israel'...despite...*gestures emphatically* THIS kind of crap...

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I know, right? The thing that makes this even sadder is that I know several Republican, right wing, former-Barry-Goldwater boosters who are Orthodox Jewish and had blood relatives in the camps. But they support the likes of this guy, because he 'supports Israel'...despite...*gestures emphatically* THIS kind of crap...
    Between Cawthorn's Hitler-centric vacationing, this... thing he just did, and Rep. Taylor-Greene's rants about Jewish space lasers... gotta say the freshman class of the GOP seem to be making anti-Semitism a new party plank.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    A factor no doubt. However, it also tracks with findings that sizeable chunks of professed Evangelicals (call it 1/4-1/3) don't actually attend church on the reg. So, it's not surprising the Torch-&-Pitchfork Brigade was a bit Voter-Sticker-Lite.
    If its just a survey of protestant evangelicals, then that includes a lot of black Christians. To see how much over-lap there is between Capital Rioters who didn't vote and Evangelicals who don't go to church, it would be better to look specifically at white evangelicals.

Rep. Liz Cheney’s vote to impeach Trump prompts a voter rebellion in her home state

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Jim Lish, an Iraq War veteran, recalls fondly how receptive his local congresswoman was when he visited her in Washington to talk about treatments for traumatic brain injury. He appreciated her efforts to bring a national Veterans Affairs cemetery to the state. And he admired her family, a political dynasty of sorts whose names are on high school soccer fields and whose books are displayed at the local library.

Now, he’s not so sure.

Ever since Rep. Liz Cheney voted to impeach President Donald Trump and accused him of the “greatest betrayal by a president of the United States of his office,” Lish has been questioning Cheney’s loyalty to the Republican Party and her commitment to her constituents.

“When she did that, I felt disenfranchised,” said Lish, who works at the local American Legion. “I love the Cheneys, both Dick Cheney and Liz Cheney. But she has to represent the people.”
    A star of the Republican Party widely seen as a potential future House speaker, Cheney has suddenly emerged as a vivid example of something completely different — a traditional Republican who may no longer have a home in a party dominated by Trump and the far right.

No matter that she voted with Trump more than 90 percent of the time, or that she occupies the lone Wyoming congressional seat that her father, the former vice president, held for 10 years. Few voters care that as the third ranking Republican in the House she is well positioned to bring home federal spending.
    In this city in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains, her reputation has boiled down to a simple question: whether she is for Trump or against Trump. And, as far as many people here are concerned, with her Jan. 13 impeachment vote, Cheney staked her claim.
    *sigh*

“I don’t think Wyoming needs the Cheney name anymore,” said Ocean Andrew, a newly elected state representative. He said he received so many complaints about Cheney that he invited one of her congressional nemeses, Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, to speak on the Wyoming Capitol steps last week. Andrew hoped the rally would show potential candidates how much support existed in the state to oust Cheney in the next election.

“Liz Cheney is kind of the old establishment-type Republican,” Andrew said. “And Matt Gaetz kind of represents the new Republican Party that is very anti-establishment, more individualist and more noninterventionist.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

I don't have too much sympathy for the tragedy of the Cheneys or the decay of the "traditional" Republican (because the Cheneys were plenty radical let's be real).

That said, this new concept of "representing the vote of the people" meaning that their representatives have to basically kowtow in lockstep to Trump a pretty weird and disturbing mutation of the body politic.

It's a little disturbing there hasn't been pushback on this.

I really have to thank Taylor Greene.

This came as a shock to me today. But my aunt heard some stuff Greene has said. And read a lot of her comments in the past. And that to hear reading other comments and seeing other videos of hardcore Qannon members. She said they are nuts. I informed her that she has been talking like that for months. That the things they are saying are things she is routinely repeating and posting. That is why she has been banned from Twitter. That she has been talking like this to her Trumper buddies ever since she moved in.

I swear she made this face like I threw cold water on her. Like I cant describe it.

Any way she has been locked in her room since 8 this morning. I head some yelling about an hour ago and looked in to see if she was okay and she was yelling at one of her Trumper group fiends. She came out of her room like 200 minutes ago and I said I have not seen you all day are you okay? She just said she has a lot of heavy thinking to do.

I am not going to say that she is having this magic conversion or anything. But she has been looking up sites and articles from former Qannon members and such. Bit it is a good sign that she is at least looking.

I hope this is a turning point for her. I mean I am pretty sure she is not going to become a Biden backer or a Dem. But she is looking into things it seems.

Edit - She saw these comments when she was in my room and I was helping her with paper work for a new job. I had on CNN and they were talking about Greene.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-02-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I don't have too much sympathy for the tragedy of the Cheneys or the decay of the "traditional" Republican (because the Cheneys were plenty radical let's be real).

That said, this new concept of "representing the vote of the people" meaning that their representatives have to basically kowtow in lockstep to Trump a pretty weird and disturbing mutation of the body politic.

That's how I feel. Equating the will of the people with one person, one flawed, damaged, dangerous person, is not unheard of in places like North Korea or Nazi Germany, but here in the US it is extremely bizarre.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's how I feel. Equating the will of the people with one person, one flawed, damaged, dangerous person, is not unheard of in places like North Korea or Nazi Germany, but here in the US it is extremely bizarre.
    Seconded! Or third. Whatever ...

I feel little compassion for the Cheney's because it is too little, too late.

On the same token, it is a bad look for the GOP right now.

How are they going to take the House back in 2022 when they are busy infighting and devouring their own?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium